• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Curropted King needs a massive nerf

Do you agree?

• Total voters

EveTater

Gold
A Corrupted King spawned on top of me in my house (It is not made by me, nor protected. Just using an abandoned one for storage currently) while I was going through my inventory. It then proceeded to 3 shot me. I went back to my death point and it camped it. It then proceeded to teleport me to it every 4 seconds, have essentially no knockback, and starting to multiply into 7 of it. It then teleported me through camping my death chest (and me running back to it) so much that we got into the ocean. At this point my previous death chest broke, but nothing dropped from it. After running back for a 5th time I got pulled into the ocean before even seeing it and then it instantly split into 7 and killed me again. I finally got my nice new bow out from one of them and started fighting back, death after death, but it refused to die. It is a Power IV Punch I Fire II Reinforced IX bow, yet by the time the second chest despawned (without dropping anything AGAIN, thus losing everything I had besides the bow and causing me to rq) my bow was on a quarter durability loss and the boss still was not dead (Even using my abilities as usual). It's still alive in the ocean and, according to someone, does not despawn, so others be aware, don't go to the southern ocean, below the desert.

Overall, due to this mob being able to: Spawn anywhere (apparently), teleport you to it constantly, have thorns enchant on it (kept hurting myself), multiplying itself, and not leaving where it just killed you (spawn camping); as well as issues with server lag spikes where arrows would just bounce off him without doing damage (and then he'd teleport), I have lost everything I ever had besides the bow I just bought (now only at 3/4 durability from full) and a couple of junk items I managed to pick up.
I know this server does not refund items, which, while unfortunate, I accept. What I can't accept is that you can be doomed to lose everything without it being your fault, it can simply spawn on you and you're done. If I were to suggest any nerf, the fact that it can spawn anywhere would need to be removed, but the teleporting and death chest camping is also op.

I realize this does come off as a bit rag-y, and I am a bit mad, but I do not intend this to be made for rage, but to bring up a serious issue and hopefully warn others about it so this does not happen to them.

EveTater

Gold
(Also if I could get info on why my chests despawned without dropping anything, that would be much appreciated. I was told they were intended to drop everything when they broke but none of the 5 dropped anything)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
(Also if I could get info on why my chests despawned without dropping anything, that would be much appreciated. I was told they were intended to drop everything when they broke but none of the 5 dropped anything)
I also lost a few items when so died to a boss, could've been something with a nearby town but based on what eve has said, I have ruled that out.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff

• The boss will spawn in place of a regular mob randomly throughout the world.
  • The boss will not despawn if you walk out of range, we want people to fight it.
  • The boss is not designed to be solo'd or cheese'd. Get friends to help you kill it.
  • The teleport mechanic was introduced into it's combat range, simply go outside of that range and you should be fine, or don't get close to it. You can see it before it sees you. However, you cannot damage it unless you're inside the combat range. We had rangers sniping it from 50 blocks and never having any fear of death.
As to the other things you've brought up -- we could perhaps change where it spawns but then it's almost too easy, you know where to avoid and where to go if you want to get friends and camp it. We feel it is more hardcore to let it randomly spawn (mind you this is a very low chance) in place of another natural hostile mob spawn. While I do enjoy a lot of the feedback on these bosses, most of it is in place because of other reasons which if we changed would make it not as fun to deal with or be a part of. I doubt we'll do any serious nerfing to the Corrupt King until we get more bosses written up (Which, I am working on btw.) Even if we did, it would simply be a chance to spawn 1 of like say 3 or 4 bosses, and not just the CK. :)

Most of what happened here was just bad luck and not understanding the mechanics and choosing to ignore them. You can not solo this boss. Trying to over and over isn't an excuse to nerf it. Sorry! :( Herocraft Survival is meant to be teamed up in. Things like this and dealing with a pack of raiders are considered normal when you're solo.

EveTater

Gold
The issue with it being able to spawn anywhere (as a regular mob) is that anyone even noobs such as I who just got into the game and just recently started getting some items, will lose all of their stuff. They likely have no friends to help as they're new, and therefore the only possible solution to the fact that they just got 2 shotted is to try over and over to get their stuff, cause if they don't luck out, then they have to start all over again. This is especially an issue with the random loot, as you can lose something and never see it in the game again after being 2 shotted because you just started. I can understand the hardcore aspect, but only for hardcore people, bad luck is not an excuse to ruin's someone's gameplay for the next week or more (as I doubt I'll find another bow like that, or make back the estimated 1.2k souls of armor I had in my inv).

I can understand the teleport mechanics now thanks to the explanation though.

While I hope this convinces you to look it over, would more people having a situation like this give cause for you to look it over?

Also what about the death chests?

DawnMurder

Stone
if it's on top of a slab then the chest wont spawn and your items are exposed, and also you automatically pick it up once you right click it and if your inventory has more than the chest can handle, the leftover items are tossed out of it. if you're lucky you may have a double chest tomb

DawnMurder

Stone
The corrupt king isn't that bad teleport range of 15 blocks, cooldown timer about 10 sec and knights can do it too. However it is not a bosslike monster since it rarely drops anything and gives little to no exp, probably because his knights give off exp too, but I would prefer it to give at least 250-500 exp. If you wear armor corrupt king takes about 10-20 shots depending on class and skills on, he is weak against within speed beacons because you can outrun him or speed users, he is weak and his armor breaks 1/2 through his hp of 4.5k, if your ranger you can stay out of range where he won't reach you and you can fire at him, so he isn't all that powerful, especially when you have blast protection and feather falling, his abilities will be a mere nuisance

EveTater

Gold
I know such Dawn, the issue is, none of the 5 death chests dropped any loot when they timed out. All but one was in water, but they spawned just fine, they simply didn't drop their loot.

Also when hitting him I took damage myself, I was indeed shooting him from a range (though this did not help as he did not die through a whole 1/4 of my XI reinforced bow). And how do you do 4.5k dmg in 10-20 shots... You'd have to do a minimum of 225 dmg every single hit.

The issue I'm discussing and had with him were the following:
He can spawn anywhere, which means certain doom to anyone not well geared or prepared
He does not move on his own, so unless you can beat him, if you die all of your stuff is not coming back
He has so much health that it took 1/4 of my XI reinforced bow and still did not die

(Teleporting and expected fighting conditions were already discussed)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I know such Dawn, the issue is, none of the 5 death chests dropped any loot when they timed out. All but one was in water, but they spawned just fine, they simply didn't drop their loot.

Also when hitting him I took damage myself, I was indeed shooting him from a range (though this did not help as he did not die through a whole 1/4 of my XI reinforced bow). And how do you do 4.5k dmg in 10-20 shots... You'd have to do a minimum of 225 dmg every single hit.

The issue I'm discussing and had with him were the following:
He can spawn anywhere, which means certain doom to anyone not well geared or prepared
He does not move on his own, so unless you can beat him, if you die all of your stuff is not coming back
He has so much health that it took 1/4 of my XI reinforced bow and still did not die

(Teleporting and expected fighting conditions were already discussed)
I will reconsider his balance later tonight. On the road atm! The random 'mini-bosses' might get a hard despawn timer of 15 to 30 mins. How would that sound? You lose whats on you if you cant defeat him and that gives you time to just wait gather more stuff along ur way back. It also seems like a good time frame to give ur friends to come kill it.

Last edited:

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
I have been doing lots of tweaking and reading, I appreciate your feedbacka dn stuff has been changed. the king/archemage now spawn 3 minions per summon wave, he summons 3 at 4k, 3k, 2k, 1k hps. I also reduced the range for his forcetp on players. Also increased the drops for the 5 new bosses by adding the tier 1 rare and uncommon items to their tables ontop of their custom rare drops. So now you'll have a better chance of getting gear be it common or rare for your efforts. Also adjusted the spawn rate to be a little lower. I hope this helps and makes it more bearable in a sense, but still adds a fun on the edge of your seat feel knowing a boss can spawn anywhere still :D

EveTater

Gold
I appreciate that you're considering this very much. I still think the fact that you can lose what's on you out of the blue without you being aware of the situation is a shame, but if that despawn timer sounds fine to you, I'm alright with it. Let me know if you get a despawn timer down, trying to avoid coming on until I can be more sure I wont lose all my stuff again.

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
We are working on a despawn timer for bosses, may set it to 15-30 minutes working on it with Xexorian

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A Corrupted King spawned on top of me in my house (It is not made by me, nor protected. Just using an abandoned one for storage currently) while I was going through my inventory. It then proceeded to 3 shot me. I went back to my death point and it camped it. It then proceeded to teleport me to it every 4 seconds, have essentially no knockback, and starting to multiply into 7 of it. It then teleported me through camping my death chest (and me running back to it) so much that we got into the ocean. At this point my previous death chest broke, but nothing dropped from it. After running back for a 5th time I got pulled into the ocean before even seeing it and then it instantly split into 7 and killed me again. I finally got my nice new bow out from one of them and started fighting back, death after death, but it refused to die. It is a Power IV Punch I Fire II Reinforced IX bow, yet by the time the second chest despawned (without dropping anything AGAIN, thus losing everything I had besides the bow and causing me to rq) my bow was on a quarter durability loss and the boss still was not dead (Even using my abilities as usual). It's still alive in the ocean and, according to someone, does not despawn, so others be aware, don't go to the southern ocean, below the desert.

Overall, due to this mob being able to: Spawn anywhere (apparently), teleport you to it constantly, have thorns enchant on it (kept hurting myself), multiplying itself, and not leaving where it just killed you (spawn camping); as well as issues with server lag spikes where arrows would just bounce off him without doing damage (and then he'd teleport), I have lost everything I ever had besides the bow I just bought (now only at 3/4 durability from full) and a couple of junk items I managed to pick up.
I know this server does not refund items, which, while unfortunate, I accept. What I can't accept is that you can be doomed to lose everything without it being your fault, it can simply spawn on you and you're done. If I were to suggest any nerf, the fact that it can spawn anywhere would need to be removed, but the teleporting and death chest camping is also op.

I realize this does come off as a bit rag-y, and I am a bit mad, but I do not intend this to be made for rage, but to bring up a serious issue and hopefully warn others about it so this does not happen to them.
Greetings!
We're working on getting these spawns at better places, thanks for giving the feedback!

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I suggest making them nether spawns only (and immune to fire), that way people after gear know where to go with a group of people to hunt these things (also makes the nether an endgame area). Solo leveling in a dungeon should be an option. Leveling can be hard enough depending on experience with the mobs, player level, and class without having random bosses spawning on/near you and killing you. This is my take on it.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I suggest making them nether spawns only (and immune to fire), that way people after gear know where to go with a group of people to hunt these things (also makes the nether an endgame area). Solo leveling in a dungeon should be an option. Leveling can be hard enough depending on experience with the mobs, player level, and class without having random bosses spawning on/near you and killing you. This is my take on it.
Dungeon leveling with bosses will be easier I think if the boss cannot tp you to them and RKO you without even knowing it is there. It is good to know that you should be wary of bosses in dungeons but not so much that its like a ghost, it can appear anytime, anywhere, and cannot be harmed or resisted beyond what it allows to happen.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
My only concern is that, while yes its new and yes its interesting, ultimately its going to drag out the leveling process even more or it will just make everyone go back to swamp lvling (self defeating)

EveTater

Gold
I agree with car, having the nether change would be an excellent idea. It can keep the random spawn in the nether too, so that it cant be farmed by groups. This way you have to make a decision to take the risk of fighting it, instead of it coming to you on it's own.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
  • The boss is not designed to be solo'd or cheese'd. Get friends to help you kill it.
The issue with it being able to spawn anywhere (as a regular mob) is that anyone even noobs such as I who just got into the game and just recently started getting some items, will lose all of their stuff. They likely have no friends to help as they're new, and therefore the only possible solution to the fact that they just got 2 shotted is to try over and over to get their stuff, cause if they don't luck out, then they have to start all over again. -snip-I can understand the hardcore aspect, but only for hardcore people, bad luck is not an excuse to ruin's someone's gameplay ...

This.

"Bad luck is not an excuse to ruin someone's gameplay", particularly not new players who haven't had a chance to settle into the server yet.

New player experience needs to be taken into consideration.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Also what about the death chests?

I don't know, and I wish I did. The wiki certainly does say that the chests pop after the timer finishes and drops your items on the ground.

I'd appreciate confirmation from players that this is actually happening - anyone care to comment?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know, and I wish I did. The wiki certainly does say that the chests pop after the timer finishes and drops your items on the ground.

I'd appreciate confirmation from players that this is actually happening - anyone care to comment?
Death chests have been buggy for sometime now. Sometimes they drop your items, sometimes they send them to the void, and sometimes they don't spawn. Last time I died my chest failed to even spawn.