• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Creeper damage off in towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Creeper damage in towns needs to be turned off. Its like griefing to the extreme, Imagine you have a house, then the next day its gone. I wonder what happened, maybe a bunch of dicks brought some creepers next to it and blew it up, and nothing will happen to them even though your house is gone and all your stuff too. Now imagine that in a town, people can dig down near the edge of the city with creeper and absolutely destroy everything built down there, and nothing will happen to them. But if a person did it with their own hands they would get perma banned the instant an admin checked the blocks. Creepers that explode in towns do the exact same thing as people who mass grief the only difference is they can grief all they want and never get in trouble. Anyone who doesn't realize this is a complete and utter imbecile.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Scene 1.
Creepers keeps destroying our underground decoration, I don't approve of that.
Scene 2.
Raiders get's inside, finds a creepers, and uses the creepers to blow up houses. I definitely don't approve of that. So either we need better rules against people doing this, or we need the creeper damage to be fixed.

Joka10

Soulsand
I am not sure, but I think abusing it is illegal. The administrators rolled back the grief, and I don't think they would have done that if it wasn't actually grief.

Anyway, if it is legal, it shouldn't be. What happened today leaves no further need for explanation.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Not to mention that means free creeper exp farming inside of towns.

IkeBinZ

Glowing Redstone
Look at this Screens!

Attachments

• 2012-10-06_13.24.19.png
    2012-10-06_13.24.19.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 2012-10-06_13.24.16.png
    2012-10-06_13.24.16.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 91

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Ikebinz you did that to my melon farm... plus you griefed a ton of someone's house. I made this thread because of your repetitive creeper griefing.

IkeBinZ

Glowing Redstone
no i didnt made this to your melon farm ._o when i made this screenshot it was like this...

Joka10

Soulsand
The staff rolled it back, and they wouldn't have done that if it was legal... It has been a heavily debated issue in the past couple weeks, and its legality or lack thereof should be confirmed.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Now imagine that in a town, people can dig down near the edge of the city with creeper and absolutely destroy everything built down there, and nothing will happen to them.
1. good luck getting enough creepers to do that without anyone noticing.
2. I'd like to see someone do that without killing themselves multiple times.
3. There is no easy way to track who did it

From my understanding and talks with Kain is that using creepers to break into under cities is fine.
But if there is excessive griefing we will do something about it.

macura

Diamond
3. There is no way to track who did it

From my understanding and talks with Kain is that using creepers to break into under cities is fine.
Lol that awesome.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Yesterday someone absolutly destroyed a house, at least 10 creepers were used. I am not saying the player who did it should be banned I just want creeper exlplosions to be turned off in town regions. It would sove all the problems. When its at 3am and everyone is asleep and no one would know it would even happen.

Responded to the three things danda said, not in order

Joka10

Soulsand
Only one of the raiders was killed by the creepers. He was a squishy caster <.<

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Agreed. Creeper explosions in town regions is bull. That decorative monument with diamond blocks in it? Gone. That fountain with a large radius you built? Gone, and water-grief city. That house you live in? Gone, along with all the items in the chests at the side of the explosion.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

Nonetheless, why support griefing in any way, shape, or form? Goes against the whole no-griefing rule, ya know.

Joka10

Soulsand
Miner's TNT has been implemented into the game to do temporary region damage. With a creeper, someone can not only do permanent damage; they can also do it at no cost whatsoever (unless you consider the creeper a cost), no matter what level they are, at just about any time. They don't even have to be outside regions to use it. It just doesn't make sense that this would be allowed, unless creeper explosions were made to regen too.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Nonetheless, why support griefing in any way, shape, or form? Goes against the whole no-griefing rule, ya know.

Absolutely... I think it's comedic the amount of dung I had thrown at me for suggesting the griefing become legal in non-regioned areas, but when something like THIS is allowed, it surely confuses the hell out of new players, and throws logic out the window.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Solution: Turn off block damage done by creepers all together. They already do a lot of damage to players, and I see no real reason for them to do block damage, you're going to get killed none the less (unless you are a higher level with armour, or something to protect you).

Status
Not open for further replies.