• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Creative server access.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
Hello,

I've heard a lot of people want to get access to the creative world.
I have an idea to make this possible:

1. Create 2 worlds (Small plot world and Big plot world).
2. Fill the 2 worlds with small/big plots.
3. Make a 91x91 spawn for the small plot world and a 150x150 spawn for the big plot world.
4. Claim a plot with /claim or /claim auto.
4. Make architects able to TP and review plots when someone does /review submit.
5. If your plot is good enough then the architect will promote you to the next rank.
6. If you want an extra plot you can buy it in the shop or make it buyable with souls.
7. Disable redstone, falling sand/gravel and the Nether on the 2 worlds.

Plot Dimensions:
Small plot - 35x35
Big plot - 150x150

Ranks:
Apprentice - One small plot, access to basic commands.
Veteran - One free small plot, access to /plotme add (player).
Ledari - Access to Big Plot world, one free Big Plot, Limited WorldEdit command access.
Centurion - Almost full WorldEdit command access.
Sentinel - Limited VoxelSniper command access.
Architect - Build team rank. Only earned by invite/application.
Architect + - Build team Admins.

FAQs
Q: How do I rank up?
A: Build on your plot, and submit it using /review submit. Dynamic terrain, custom trees and detailed buildings should be used for a good build. Remember that rank up quality builds are at the discretion of the staff.

Q: When will my build be reviewed?
A: When the build staff are available to review it. The time may vary, but they will get to it when they can. Patience is key and do not spam the review command.

Q: Can I build with friends?
A: You can, except only Veteran and up may add people to their plots to build. If anyone builds with you, or you build with anyone, only the plot owner gets credit for the build. You cannot rank up together for one build.

Q: Why is redstone disabled?
A: They can potentially cause lag. A full list of disabled items:
- Redstone (It will not do anything, but pistons can extend/retract if a redstone block is placed)
- Spawn eggs
- Minecarts
- TNT damage
- Falling physics (sand/gravel/anvils will not fall)
- The Nether (Obvious reasons, portals will still light though)

Q: Can I TP people with no big plot access, to the big plot world so they can build on my plot?
A: No, it's against the rules for people without big plot access to go and build on big plots.

Q: Can I clear my plot with /plotme clear if it has been accepted?
A: Yes you can, but we recommend you keep it as you get an extra plot when ranked up to certain ranks.

Q: Can I use one big plot for multiple build submissions?
A: Yes if you have the space. You need to fill up an entire Big Plot in one style for Sentinel and at least 100x100 space for Centurion.

Q: Can I use world edit for another/Can someone WE for me?
A: No. People are not allowed to WE for other's builds.

Q: What resource pack(s) can I build with?
A: Recommended use of Default. Any other packs are not likely to be supported.

P.S. The whole rankup thing is not necessary but it would make it fun to build.

-Azzezima-

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I've been trying to get info out of Kainzo about creative coming back for like 2 maps now. I doubt we're gonna see a complete overhaul of it anytime soon, though I do support this idea.

Ranks:
Architect - Build team rank. Only earned by invite/Application
You forgot that part

Also This

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Yea i like the recruiting opportunities this could offer. Also architects could "gain ispiration" (steal) from the builds.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Seems like a good idea to me. Honestly I think it would be a better idea to disable the lag producing and/or block damaging parts of redstone (TNT for example), rather than redstone itself. Personally I like redstone, not usually in my builds, but it's still nice to have. I think that if users want to make a piston door or whatever, that they should be allowed to. Obviously lag machines won't be permitted, but I don't feel that allowing the basic redstone functions for piston doors or whatever users wish could be that bad of an idea.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
Seems like a good idea to me. Honestly I think it would be a better idea to disable the lag producing and/or block damaging parts of redstone (TNT for example), rather than redstone itself. Personally I like redstone, not usually in my builds, but it's still nice to have. I think that if users want to make a piston door or whatever, that they should be allowed to. Obviously lag machines won't be permitted, but I don't feel that allowing the basic redstone functions for piston doors or whatever users wish could be that bad of an idea.
Trust me even those doors cause lag and this server won't be meant for redstone but for builds.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Trust me even those doors cause lag and this server won't be meant for redstone but for builds.
But redstone doors can be used in builds. Ever think of that?

*That sounded a lot more sarcastic than I meant ._.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
The builds are supposed to look good.
A redstone door doesn't change that so it shouldn't be needed to create something good.
Doesn't make it worse, either. Just because you may not like redstone doors, doesn't mean others don't like them and/or can't make them look nice.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
Doesn't make it worse, either. Just because you may not like redstone doors, doesn't mean others don't like them and/or can't make them look nice.
I absolutely love redstone but it shouldn't be need to create the builds we are looking for and we don't want lag now do we?

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I absolutely love redstone but it shouldn't be need to create the builds we are looking for and we don't want lag now do we?
You do know that the creative server is hosted separately from Valorium server right? The build server can go down without the main Valorium server going down. I honestly don't see how minor redstone with something as simple as a piston door is going to cause so much lag that the server can't handle it. Besides, we should be letting people build to fit their style. It's not needed but it's also not unwanted either. If we're going to have people get on a server purely for the intent of building, they should be able to build to suit their own personal style and ideas.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
You do know that the creative server is hosted separately from Valorium server right? The build server can go down without the main Valorium server going down. I honestly don't see how minor redstone with something as simple as a piston door is going to cause so much lag that the server can't handle it. Besides, we should be letting people build to fit their style. It's not needed but it's also not unwanted either. If we're going to have people get on a server purely for the intent of building, they should be able to build to suit their own personal style and ideas.
I totally forgot it isn't connected with Valorium.
Then it doesn't really matter sorry for the miscommunication. :p

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I also think for Ledari+, we should restrict the WE copy and selection region/voxelsniper brush to a certain size, otherwise that and voxelsniper can be used to crash the server.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
The build server doesn't really have the ram to support Redstone. One piston door won't hurt anything one piston door each on a hundred plots could be a problem.

Creative was removed before because WE was crashing it. I had to move the current spawns in 8pcs ea and I still crashed it a few times. What happens when when two people try to paste at once?

Make the limit small.enough that 2 people pasting won't crash it and archi's will have a harder time building.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
The build server doesn't really have the ram to support Redstone. One piston door won't hurt anything one piston door each on a hundred plots could be a problem.

Creative was removed before because WE was crashing it. I had to move the current spawns in 8pcs ea and I still crashed it a few times. What happens when when two people try to paste at once?

Make the limit small.enough that 2 people pasting won't crash it and archi's will have a harder time building.
I agree with the worldedit part, but I also don't think that such a number of people would have 100 redstone doors all triggering simultaneously, but I guess we'll see.