• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creations in Cinema 4D! Now accepting 3D render requests!

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hey guys,
As you have known (or maybe not) I'm on my ingame leave, but not on forums (no way would I take my leave on the forums) due to school and games... But, I'm also on to creating 3D Minecraft creations using Cinema 4D...

Unfortunately the Minecraft rigs I have aren't that friendly with female characters, plus I'm a total noob at Cinema 4D so please place that into consideration:
9527e109a4.jpg

I'm also still looking into photo editors to make cool effects (please don't mention Photoshop unless you can give me a clean torrent, lol) to make it look better... I'm also looking for Cinema 4D Minecraft rigs that allows you to move the body and head, since this rig used to make this model doesn't...

I'd like to give thanks to my IRL friend, for if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know of C4D...

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Gimp (It's free!) is a pretty good alternative to Photoshop, nice job on that Miku btw.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I already have GIMP, just don't know how to add dem kewl effects... lol

P.S I might work on Herocraft stuff too e.g duels like Runeblade vs. Paladin and so on, so forth... I just need to get the skins of the respective heroes and some cool world with Herocraft-ish structures, where I'll take a chunk in Mineways and export it for rendering and import it into Cinema 4D and work on the characters...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Here's another work of mine that I decided to make up because my internet cut off while playing a MMOFPS (killjoy)
I call it "Miku vs. Melee Skeleton"
0a49f8ee2f.jpg

P.S Can someone suggest me some cool worlds or a website where I can find some cool worlds so I can make better scenery and stuff? I grabbed the environment from my world that's been never touched and it's too dense for things like this xD

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Here's another work of mine that I decided to make up because my internet cut off while playing a MMOFPS (killjoy)
I call it "Miku vs. Melee Skeleton"
0a49f8ee2f.jpg

P.S Can someone suggest me some cool worlds or a website where I can find some cool worlds so I can make better scenery and stuff? I grabbed the environment from my world that's been never touched and it's too dense for things like this xD

If you're looking for a good scenery for stuff like this, I would suggest the map King's Landing from Game of Thrones. It is an epic medieval style map that would be perfect for many of these types of animated pictures.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
If you're looking for a good scenery for stuff like this, I would suggest the map King's Landing from Game of Thrones. It is an epic medieval style map that would be perfect for many of these types of animated pictures.
Aight, thanks for the suggestion, although I'm not a huge fan of GoT, just a regular one, so Idk much about it lol....
P.S Wow jesus man this map is really good for Heroes duels anywhere within the kingdom premises...

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
These are great!
I've been looking into doing something similar when I have the time~
have really enjoyed the wallpapers on Novaskin and thinking of doing my own
I use Photoshop for my MC art sometimes but it's for work, so can't really help you out~ soz :/

I have a bunch of skin/effect resources I'll send your way in a message in a little bit :)

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
These are great!
I've been looking into doing something similar when I have the time~
have really enjoyed the wallpapers on Novaskin and thinking of doing my own
I use Photoshop for my MC art sometimes but it's for work, so can't really help you out~ soz :/

I have a bunch of skin/effect resources I'll send your way in a message in a little bit :)
Thanks Mistyckle!
I also gladly accept suggestions and criticisms (although 70% of the time I take criticisms too personally)....
I'm currently working on another render: Paladin vs. Ninja, in a few chunks of King's Landing map... just needa get the skins and remove the eyes and etc etc, work on the poses, you know what I'm talking about...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Alright!!! Finished on my project! Done it in ~50 minutes... Paladin fighting a Ninja:
a0a58d4fa4.jpg

From this viewpoint you cannot see the Paladin holding a shield, which is in his left hand, you can clearly see him holding his sword in his right hand...
a14390f5ce.jpg

Now in THIS viewpoint you can see the Paladin getting ready to raise up his shield to block the incoming attack...

I took several chunks from King's Landing in Mineways and exported it for rendering, then imported it into Cinema 4D then imported the characters and worked on them. Phew...

Once I gain more experience I might proceed to special effects such as sparks and etc (if I know how to work that out in C4D)... Also, sorry about the shadows making the houses dark, blame that on the position of the 'sun' in the Physical Sky whose direction I cannot change....

Indulge in these 2 photos of a little Heroes duel...

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Add another light source or change the lighting to be ambient instead of directional. At the moment it is way too dark and you can't really see what is going on in between the ninja and the pally, some ambient lighting (or bounce light once you learn how to do that) will help quite a bit

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Add another light source or change the lighting to be ambient instead of directional. At the moment it is way too dark and you can't really see what is going on in between the ninja and the pally, some ambient lighting (or bounce light once you learn how to do that) will help quite a bit
Will do! Will upload updated screenies with ambient lighting, good thing I saved that project (who wants to waste 50 minutes of work? :confused:)

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
good thing I saved that project (who wants to waste 50 minutes of work? :confused:)
Save, save, save, and save again. Made a big change? Make a new save. Didn't like that big change? Oh, good thing there is that old save I still have. And make sure to have a picture of a something cute open somewhere on your computer, that way when the program crashes and you are trying to bash your head in you can look at the cute hedgehog and forget all your worries

Best advice anyone has ever told me while working in 3D

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Didn't like that big change? Oh, good thing there is that old save I still have.
Lol, CTRL + Z is my best friend in that case...
And make sure to have a picture of a something cute open somewhere on your computer, that way when the program crashes and you are trying to bash your head in you can look at the cute hedgehog and forget all your worries.
Not a problem, I have a desktop slideshow of a cute Touhou character named Reisen Udongein Inaba on right now...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Just remembered what my IRL friend (who introduced me to C4D) told me: add and enable Ambient Occlusion and Global Illumination to your render setting preset... Increased time required to make the render (cause you know, craptop from 2006), but the shadows are realistic and doesn't make things look pitch black... Sorry for the really really long update, that's because I attended my dad in the hospital and got him discharged, plus 1 1/2 hour power outage at home.

UPDATES:
9897ac9154.jpg

6a78e73c79.jpg

94e9ee011b.jpg

...And, just a little bonus:
47e8e369f1.jpg

lol... Enjoy a better, more seasoned serving of 4D pictures...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
This project took me around 5-7 hours to complete. Phew, glad I finished it... I call it "Heroes Brawl", a fight between a Ranger, Disciple, Dreadknight, Paladin and a Dragoon in the middle of "Kingdom's Landing":
65ed479901.jpg

Look at that Ranger as he fired the shot that relieved the Disciple of his weapon!
991ffc8179.jpg

0ee2f8bd01.jpg

...And, the duel between the Dreadknight and the Dragoon... They didn't even mind to join in the free-for-all that the Ranger, the Paladin and the Disciple were fighting...
a1aa0fbeb0.jpg

02b334ff7f.jpg

This fight I had made took a whole lot of time to plan, find a suitable place in the map and even doing the poses for the characters... It looked too epic in too many proportions I thought I should limit my screenshooting...

Enjoy taking a look at these 4D (lol) pictures, since it's 1:09 AM, Imma head to bed *yawns*

UPDATE 6/29/2014: I downloaded a couple of more maps still situated in Game of Thrones... Winterfell and Dreadfort... Learned how to create a simple lightning bolt... Also learned how to create fire and smoke using emitters... This is making things more possible for me to create duels between Casters/Healers/whatever class that deals magic damage!

Last edited:

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Didn't take as long... but the rendering takes around 10 minutes per picture... Jesus Christ...

This fight took place inside Dreadfort - The Pyromancer casted his Dragon's Breath just as he got bolted by the Wizard... Little Runeblade boy wanted to help Mr. Pyro so he imbues his blade with his runes while charging at the Wizard.

Note: I couldn't make a emitter where there are rune particles flying around - my rigs had no rune particles in it (glyphs that fly towards the Enchanting Table from the surrounding bookshelves), otherwise that'd be really cool to have that kind of special effect for rune imbuing
5068d066af.jpg

c115fdd14b.jpg

bfdeca1f01.jpg

If you look at the shadows nearer to the Dragon's Breath, you can see they have that orange illumination... I'm pretty sure that's some post-processing stuff... Nonetheless it's still badass...

Once again, enjoy these 4D pictures...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Heroes' Brawl!!!! Improved! This one has Depth-of-Field, camera lighting changes/tint/whatever is in the real-life camera's light settings, dramatic tilts to suit the situation at hand, and a watermark on the first picture!

68d2ad523c.jpg

17b640a9af.jpg

1e3bd3ff29.jpg

719aa15f5d.jpg

0ec8659a24.jpg

Plus, I got a couple of questions for you guys to answer in your own rightful opinions:

1. Should I keep the watermark with the format of "Date DD/MM/YYYY - kenster1092 WINDOWS 32 BIT"?
If not the format, what should it be? If no to the watermark in general, keep the Cinema 4D logo? If no to the font, what should it be?

2. Should my later renders have camera lighting changes/tints/whatever they're called, Depth-of-Field, and/or various camera tilt angles to fit the situation?

Also, if anyone wants, I'm accepting requests for 3D work related to Minecraft, free of charge (why would I charge fellow Herocraftians for this in the first place?). PM me your skin link (if you want to have your skin starred) and, if you also want, your world link (so I can take a few chunks in Mineways and export it for C4D use)... Don't make requested 3D work too hard or, rather, have too many characters as, you know, my craptop...

Also, again (lol), on Mondays - Fridays, expect me to submit your request within 1-2 days because yeah, school...

Last edited: