• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creating a full size minecraft world.

I want to create a randomly generated minecraft world that is a definate size.

For example the HeroCraft server world is disk shaped.

Herocraft map: http://disposableheroes.net/map/

I'm wondering how you made the world a specific shape and how you keep it at a definite size.

What programs did you use and are there tutorials for those programs?

Also, if you can create worlds that do not create new chunks and are a specific shapes, can you have, for example, a world with separated chunks? Like having two disk worlds but on the same map.

I'm not asking for too much technical help, just where I can look and a point in the right direction for creating the world that I want.

Thank you.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
That map is several months old, actually. The Herocraft world is now square shaped, and much larger. It wasn't generated into a square, there's just a giant glass wall around the world so that players can't walk outside the square and continue to generate more chunks. To my knowledge, there are no plugins that generate worlds with specific shapes and prevent new chunks from being created outside the shape.

I apologize for these questions, but when I saw your original disc shaped map I got excited and wanted to start a server with a similar concept. I hope you don't mind giving me a little bit of advice to help me out. I promise I won't ask any technical or coding questions, just theory and what software was used.

First of all, the impassable glass wall is a very clever and intuitive.

Did you have to generate all of the chunks manually by entering the server world and travelling (maybe using speed and fly mods) until you felt there was enough chunks generated or was a map editor used to generate the chunks automatically? Then afterward did you use MCEdit or WorldEdit to generate the glass wall and then made it unbreakable with a mod/plugin? And why did you decide to switch to a square map? Easier to maintain? More space?

That is very helpful, thank you.

Two final questions, can an OP use code to pass through the border? And, can you generate multiple borders?

Oh and one of my previous questions was not answered. Why did you decide to go from a disc world to a square one?

I will try not to bother you again with any more questions. Thank you very much.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I can't answer your technical questions, as I know so little about the plugin, but a square world was selected for its simplicity in generating the border, and as a bonus, is also quite simple to navigate around.

Thats fine, I appreciate your help. The reason for using a square world makes a lot of sense. I will ask my more technical questions on the thread for the plugin. Thank you very much.