• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Crafter weapons.

R3xz

Glowstone
Read the first post and Dusks post, don't feel like reading more at this hour.

Crafters level up by mining and crafting. Far easier than killing tens of thousands of players or mobs.
If you want to fight mobs, use all the diamonds you get from leveling while mining.

If crafters were able to level by killing mobs, it would not be fair to the pvp classes to not have some way to level by mining or crafting. However, pvp doesn't craft or mine. That wouldn't make sense. So for the sake of balance, it's not possible for crafters to get swords.

It sounded like he wants swords to fight with for exp, do crafters get mob exp currently? If so, even though they need to waste picks to fight them off, that should be removed. It is simply not fair at all to give crafters so many leveling options. It will simply start to become too easy to level as a crafter.

Ever since day 1 of the new map, killing mobs have been the #1 choice to level up. I duno how it is now, since I haven't been on for days, but it takes much less time killing one mob to get 20-30 exp than to mine enough block to make the same amount.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ever since day 1 of the new map, killing mobs have been the #1 choice to level up. I duno how it is now, since I haven't been on for days, but it takes much less time killing one mob to get 20-30 exp than to mine enough block to make the same amount.
You're wrong, on day #1 - killing mobs was too painful and it was laggier than dog shit. That is why we saw THREE specialized crafters before seeing ONE combat class at max level.

Remember remember...

It sounded like he wants swords to fight with for exp, do crafters get mob exp currently? If so, even though they need to waste picks to fight them off, that should be removed. It is simply not fair at all to give crafters so many leveling options. It will simply start to become too easy to level as a crafter.
Please stop making this about mob xp. It never was about mob xp. CRAFTERs gain mob xp, just like ROGUEs, WARRIORs, HEALERs, and CASTERs get mining xp. Crafter specs do not get mob xp.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Ah, did you mean that CRAFTER, as in the basic first class, not a sub class, cannot use swords to level?

Sorry, shouldn't have replied half asleep at 4 am.....D=.

If that is what you meant, then it sounds perfectly fair to give crafters swords to fight mobs until they spec since all the classes get mining and mob exp before they spec.

It seemed to me last night you meant to give spec'd crafters swords for mob fighting, not un spec'd.

R3xz

Glowstone
You're wrong, on day #1 - killing mobs was too painful and it was laggier than dog shit. That is why we saw THREE specialized crafters before seeing ONE combat class at max level.

Remember remember...

That's because people didn't realize mobs don't lag when they play late at night when it used to be like 30-40/80.
That's when they could load up on food and gear up and rape mobs and master in like 3 days.
Buddah kept it in secret as long as he could until more people start to pick it up, including me hehe. I mastered thief without having to mine out a cave once, nor did i touch a single person in PvP combat. :3

(but i guess now that mobs are more of a challenge it will balance itself out, from what i heard)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're still tweaking the damage output and the specialization weapons (and tools)
if you see unbalanced issues and want to point it out - FEEL FREE - but DROP the attitude and do so in a constructive manner. Our goal here is to have balance not unbalance - but by design, some classes will be better at some things than others.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
OK, here is the final post of what I mean and I will also explain other things. All that I want, and this is all if possible, is to give Crafters something better to fight mobs with. Just an advantage whether it be upped damage or a stone sword, I don't care. And I would love to use a diamond pick for many many reasons but, I can't unless it has been changed, in which case, sorry for wasting your time. I just don't want to die or be extremely injured by a single mob, because that's what happens, I'm down in the mines and a skeleton pops up around the next corner, so I run, but I'm mining, so I have to run in a straight line. Skeletons aren't the best shot, but they can hit you in a straight line. If I die from falling in lava or anything else while mining, it's my fault, but a skeleton that you can't get away from is a different story. So please just if possible do something to help.