• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Crafter weapons.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Before you just say that I'm another complainer about Crafters being underpowered, just listen/read what I'm about to say. If possible (allowed in the code) can weapons only be used on mobs, but not PvP? So that I can rank up a bit and actually reasonably by mob hunting. Something like use a stone sword or even wooden sword, but not do any damage to other players. Please take this in to consideration, and if this actually happens I will be a very VERY happy camper. Thank you

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
can i rank up mining once i spec? no sir i cannot, so why should crafters be able to rank up killing monsters?

what i would do to get xp from mining, i would actually make some coin again lol

can i rank up mining once i spec? no sir i cannot, so why should crafters be able to rank up killing monsters?

what i would do to get xp from mining, i would actually make some coin again lol
You're not listening; go away. We're not asking for monster xp, just the sword so we can kill mobs. If I don't have a diamond pick in my hand, it takes forever just to kill a cow or a pig. The equivalent to us losing the stone sword would be like you losing your iron pick. You don't get xp from it, but you can still use it for resources.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
"so i can rank up a bit and actually reasonably by mob hunting"

not asking for monster xp? i am not listening? i seem to be comprehending this better then you...

If i dont have a diamond sword on me it takes me a long time to kill stuff to. So keep your pick on you if you need to kill stuff. I know it sucks when you arent prepared but cmon..

Use your pick on monsters if you need to kill them, sure its a bit longer then a sword, but you arent fighters, your crafters. Makes perfect sense.

You're not a crafter, so give up your iron pick and we'll talk.

If DaShniper is a specced Crafter, than congrats, you're right about him asking for crafter specs getting monster xp. -1 for that idea. If he's only a crafter, then please reiterate the relevance of specced fighters not getting mining xp.

If i dont have a diamond sword on me it takes me a long time to kill stuff too. So keep your pick on you if you need to kill stuff. I know it sucks when you arent prepared but cmon..
It does NOT take a long time for you to kill mobs with an iron or even a stone sword. With a stick and a bit of cobblestone, you can be slaying monsters like nobody's business. We need diamonds just to reach that capacity.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Let me rephrase this. I don't want to get raped by a skeleton in the night when I'm building or even if I'm mining. If you've ever tried to kill a a skeleton with a pick and not lose hearts than you'd know what I mean. When I'm mining I don't carry food (Nobody reply "Bring food then.") so I don't want to get raped by a zombie or even creeper while mining. All I'm asking is if possible, can this at least be put in to consideration. It would be greatly appreciated if this did actually happen.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
The reasoning in this thread is jumping all over the place I think...
From DaShniper's first post, it sounds like he wants swords to go hunting when he might not realize that a diamond pickaxe would do the same damage as a stone sword. Mobs are just that hard, having a stone sword wouldn't change it. You'd probably still die from a skeleton.
Then, eisbaer seemed to have a different reason in his first post. He's unhappy about the availability of diamond over stone, I think. The fact that he has to use up his diamond pickaxe in order to get the same amount of damage as a stone sword (which he could much more easily create) is his main cause of worry.
After these two initial points, I'm pretty confused and just sounds a bit like a flame-war.

I'm hoping DaShniper understands that using a stone sword would not help him fight anything better than his diamond pickaxe. His reasoning or wording seems a little off from what I read.
However, eisbaer's point sounds perfectly valid. Having to use the much more expensive diamond in order to fill the gap that used to be occupied by a simple stone sword cuts a bit into their resources.
I'd like to push the fact that Crafters shouldn't bother trying to train off mobs anyways but I understand sometimes it's unavoidable if you don't want to sit in a hole all day hiding.

TL;DR: DaShniper needs to explain a little better. eisbaer makes a valid point (different from DaShniper's).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for clarifying that @DusksCrown
I agree that we may be able to make a better option here, however - what are your suggestions? We're re-balancing damage across the board here and its not an easy feat to say the least.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
Balancing is gonna always be an issue since people are never happy with what they have. They don't want to give up anything in order to improve other aspects either, they just want more and more.

For actual suggestions, I realize modifying durability might be out of the question at the moment? I'm not really sure how to address DaShniper's request since I'm still a little confused by it, besides making mobs have slightly less hp or upping damage for crafters.

As for eisbaer's request, it sounds like he just doesn't want to have to use diamonds to fight. So maybe, just make iron pickaxes do same damage as diamond. Crafters will be losing a real "end-game" weapon but it would make resource consumption easier to manage. This would make the only incentive to get a diamond pickaxe to be it's superior durability.

However, to increase an incentive for a diamond weapon without actually increasing the overall offensive power of crafters would be possibly... Adding a slight bonus to experience gained when killing with a diamond pickaxe versus an iron one? Just something minor like 10% or maybe even less? Or a higher chance of acquiring coins or an increased range of coins when killing mobs with diamond? The coins thing would follow along better with crafters anyways. Not sure if this is possible, but it's the best I could come up with for now. :p

Also, sorry for these walls of text.

TL;DR: Dunno what to do for DaShniper's request. For eisbaer's request, make iron pickaxe dmg = diamond pickaxe dmg. Add exp or coin bonus for killing with diamond pickaxe?

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
its fine how it is, who cares if this kid doesnt want to use diamond picks for mob killing. If he wants to use iron instead of diamonds he can live with the 2 damage loss.. i mean cmon...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ill read this tomorrow - we're a community, we work together and have fun (hopefully) so please be patient! :) keep up the good feedback and suggestions, it is a learning experience for everyone.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Read the first post and Dusks post, don't feel like reading more at this hour.

Crafters level up by mining and crafting. Far easier than killing tens of thousands of players or mobs.
If you want to fight mobs, use all the diamonds you get from leveling while mining.

If crafters were able to level by killing mobs, it would not be fair to the pvp classes to not have some way to level by mining or crafting. However, pvp doesn't craft or mine. That wouldn't make sense. So for the sake of balance, it's not possible for crafters to get swords.

It sounded like he wants swords to fight with for exp, do crafters get mob exp currently? If so, even though they need to waste picks to fight them off, that should be removed. It is simply not fair at all to give crafters so many leveling options. It will simply start to become too easy to level as a crafter.