• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Crafter][Mason] Allow anyone to toggle hidden switches

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
The idea of hidden switches really excited me. I was thinking of all the uses: secret rooms, hidden gate signs, etc. But once I found out that only other level 40+ masons could trigger them, they almost completely lost their value to me. They're still useful in your own house, but not for anything where you want other people to be able to use them.

I suggest allowing anyone to toggle hidden switches (assuming they know where they are, of course). Bridges, gates, lifts, and basically everything else can be used by anyone, so why not hidden switches?

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
As a Level 50 mason, i would NOT like this to be put in. i have talked with many people, Mason, and not mason, and 90% of them do not want people other then mason to be able to use the hidden switches.

As a mason we get so little to help be safe from PvP that this is one of the few things that helps us, and the ONLY thing at that.

@xFinaLx be a mason and you will see why mason's only get it.

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
As a Level 50 mason, i would NOT like this to be put in. i have talked with many people, Mason, and not mason, and 90% of them do not want people other then mason to be able to use the hidden switches.

As a mason we get so little to help be safe from PvP that this is one of the few things that helps us, and the ONLY thing at that.

@xFinaLx be a mason and you will see why mason's only get it.

I am a mason. I don't see how it is of much advantage that only we can trigger them. If someone wants in badly enough they can just break down the wall. But if you're smart in your placement, nobody should even know its there.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
i am a master engineer. I only get pistons and ICs. Everyone gets to use placed pistons and ICs.

I want to be the only one with pistons then.

also: can masons use each other's secret switches?

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
i am a master engineer. I only get pistons and ICs. Everyone gets to use placed pistons and ICs.

I want to be the only one with pistons then.

I think so, but not completely sure.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
@Dsawemd I doubt that'll ever happen, because it restricts an important aspect of minecraft, to only one type of player. I use pistons for my inn, and if they didnt work because I'm not a engineer, that's kind of dumb imo. IC's I'm not as sure about, but If my town was under attack, and I had all these arrow barrages into place, and i couldn't toggle them while my engineer was offline, I'd find that a bit unfair.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It's an IC, so i dont think it would be given to only donors... That gives them an advantage, and Kainzo doesn't want donors to have an unfair advantage over non donors. Just like /sneak became a rogue only perk instead of a T5 perk.

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
It's an IC, so i dont think it would be given to only donors... That gives them an advantage, and Kainzo doesn't want donors to have an unfair advantage over non donors. Just like /sneak became a rogue only perk instead of a T5 perk.
Arrow barrage is a T5+ perk, but the normal arrow shooter IC is for engineers.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!

Yes this is true, every mason can use any secret switch anywhere on the map, also Telekinesis skill can also use on them, if the mage knows where the lever is placed. so any mason or mage with the skill telekinesis can use them. I personally think that is enuf.