• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Crafter Balancing - SMALL pvp skills

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
First, miners got TnT. And all the other crafters were like "Whaaaat". Then they lost it but whatever lets pretend its coming back soon.

Then engineers got a turret. And all the other crafters were like "DO WANT".

So now, I want to see if we can add a few skills to the other crafters that have minor world pvp applications.
I thought of a few, if you like the idea give feedback and keep in mind these skills should be VERY light in terms of pvp application.

Scribe: English Degree. Can eat rotten meat in (or out) of combat on a 30 sec cooldown, harms for 1 heart then heals for 2.

Alchemist: Curdled Potions. The residue left from making helpful potions goes bad and sometimes allows an Alchemist to also receive a weak damage potion of some sort when making a non-damaging potion (like speed or health). Would increase the amount of harm potions able to be used in casual world pvp.

Merchant: Resupply. Merchants can buy a diamond weapon that fits their class for 15c. On a long, long cooldown.

Farmer: Faster food Regen, Faster walking while in crops/hoe'd earth?

Mason: Tough as nails - Wooden tools do iron damage. Would not work with swords.

I would argue that Smith and Enchanter have good pvp augmenting skills already, but I have never played either spec.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Crafter professions shouldn't directly have any PvP advantages (Even though Miner TnT instant kills). Turrets can't be placed in the middle of combat, unless you run far behind and let your teammates fight without you while you place the blocks needed to create a turret. Turrets are things people would hire Engineers for to place in their town defence systems etc. Again, Crafters shouldn't directly have any PvP advantage.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Crafter professions shouldn't directly have any PvP advantages (Even though Miner TnT instant kills). Turrets can't be placed in the middle of combat, unless you run far behind and let your teammates fight without you while you place the blocks needed to create a turret. Turrets are things people would hire Engineers for to place in their town defence systems etc. Again, Crafters shouldn't directly have any PvP advantage.

Is there anyway we could prevent you from placing TNT while combat tagged? I don't know if permission skills could be turned on and off with combat tagging

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Is there anyway we could prevent you from placing TNT while combat tagged? I don't know if permission skills could be turned on and off with combat tagging
That's a good idea! I can imagine a pally/Miner can go into a group fight, place one TnT and kill himself and all the enemies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't think masons need any PvP skills/benefits. They can already make traps, which, much like turrets, can be used to defend towns/personal regions.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Tnt is really easy to avoid, you have about 8-12 seconds depending on lag to get away and most of the time when the miner places the Tnt you can see it and are able to run. It also makes a unique sound which you can easily hear. It can only be considered OP in regions, but in regions engineers and masons can make traps that do equivalent damage. Crafter classes dont need any pvp skills and the ones they get are pretty balanced if you are smart enough to stay away from them. Plus Farmer Scribe and Smith are all skills that help you with pvp things, Farmers can make leather to help you pvp, Scribes can places beacons which help you pvp, and Smiths repair all your armor so you dont need to waste more diamonds for pvp. ps. probably a ton of grammar mistakes, im too lazy to edit them. deal with it.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Ok so in a nutshell the parts we are comparing:
Miner -TnT
Engineer -Turrets and Traps(ICs broken?)
Masons -Traps
Scribe- Beacon
Enchanter- Enchants
Alchemist-Health/Harm potions, Chain
Smith- Repair Armor/Tools
Farmer - Leather and food
Merchant- Gift/Enderchests (yes not for pvp, but these let merchant avoid PvP)

I think Farmer could get a small regenerate buff when walking on croplands out of combat, and I think Merchant could get a higher-than-market-price long cooldown diamond tool summon, and then they would all be on the same level.