• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Cows not dropping leather

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The drop rates for leather and beef from cows seems to have gone through the floor - maybe a third what they were yesterday.

Just tested and got:

from 12 cows - 1 leather, 4 beef
from 12 cows - 6 leather, 9 beef
from 12 cows - 2 leather, 4 beef

About 75% of the cows dropped nothing.

This is on the PvE server, about 700 blocks from spawn.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Leather drops are still too low for farmers to earn an income from them.

I tested after Kainzo upped the drop rates (about 12 hours ago), and after 2 hours of breeding up cows, I gained 55 leather from 110 cows WITH a Looting III sword.

That's 50% return of leather WITH a Looting III sword which, as Ranger, I couldn't wield and had to get someone in to do the cull for me.

Earlier I tested 20 cows WITHOUT a looting weapon and the leather drop rate was 25%.

Please increase the leather drop rate, @Kainzo . :cool:

@llamasx3 any comments from your experience?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I have killed 20 cows this map, do not have enough data yet. Here's some helpful stuff.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Cow Under the Usage sub-heading: Cows drop 0-2 leather, and Calves drop nothing.

I remember that killing a calf has yielded leather for me this map, will test to confirm later.

So. Cows are dropping 0-2 leather per kill for vanilla, with a Farmer chance for double drops, and a Looting chance for extra drops.
Looting III increases the range for leather from normal to 0-5. This means that even with Looting III you can be unlucky and get zero drops.

We should answer these questions:

How much leather per 100 cows should we expect as Vanilla drop chance players?
  • JavaRandom's a bitch, but as far as I can tell, we should expect ~ 33 to be 0, 33 to be 1, and 33 to be 2 = 100
How much leather per 100 cows should we expect as Farmer players?
  • idk
How much leather per 100 cows should we expect using Looting Enchants as Vanilla drop chance players?
  • Again, JavaRandom's a bitch but I expect ~ 20 to be 0, 20 to be 1, 20 to be 2, 20 to be 3, 20 to be 4, and 20 to be 5 = 300
How much leather per 100 cows should we expect as Farmers using Looting Enchants?
  • idk

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
As I understand it, @Kainzo has taken out the vanilla drops. We're now only getting drops at a rate that Kainzo sets.

Since the rate adjustment, I'm seeing drops on cows drop from vanilla levels to about one third of vanilla levels.