• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Could someone tell me if my sign format is correct for sure?

goawaytaco

Stone
I checked on the wiki and I think I have the general jist, I just wanted to make sure before wasting too much time goofing around.

So, first line being blank for my name to go..
(I'm trying to get rid of redstone so i'll use it here.)

10 (for quantity to sell at a time, right?)
B 1 (here's where i get shaky, it says no letters so how do i make it "buy only" ?)
0331 (If i recall right thats the ID for redstone.)

Is that even anywhere near right? If not how do I fix it? :(

alexhoff1

Gold
You can go look at other shops. It essentially is
<name>
<quantity>
<B(the rate you sell at, what other people "buy" at)@rate: S(what other people "sell" at)@rate>
<Item ID, or type it out. "redstone" works as a shop item.>

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
1: blank
2: Amount They buy
3: (BuyPriceHere) (SellPriceHere,LeaveBlankForSellOnly)
4: Item ID (I like to put the item in the chest and they type ? instead, but either works

*Edit: Haha, didn't see the post above mine. Musta typed at the same time.
I should not, the alex posted will not work since you do not put B or S (The signs will do it), Type your name (Sign will do it) or type the name of the item (Again, the sign will do that)

goawaytaco

Stone
Thank you! Now you don't happen to have any tips on how to put a sign on a chest without first destroying the chest do you? I'm playing around with one of the little shops where all the chests are just stacked. I read online to put like dirt or something there and then the sign, then place the chest after but i'm not sure if that'll work.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What do you mean? Chests can be stacked on top of each other and if you shold shift you can place the sign right on the chest.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
1: blank
2: Amount They buy
3: (BuyPriceHere) (SellPriceHere,LeaveBlankForSellOnly)
4: Item ID (I like to put the item in the chest and they type ? instead, but either works

*Edit: Haha, didn't see the post above mine. Musta typed at the same time.
I should not, the alex posted will not work since you do not put B or S (The signs will do it), Type your name (Sign will do it) or type the name of the item (Again, the sign will do that)
I always recommend to not use '?'. People seem to have issues with it, and I have seen it not work with enchanted items a few times.
Hold the item and use /showitem for the data ID and enter that in.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I always recommend to not use '?'. People seem to have issues with it, and I have seen it not work with enchanted items a few times.
Hold the item and use /showitem for the data ID and enter that in.
Really? I've never had it fail me before. Although being a farmer there isn't much I've made shops for.