• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cooldown for class change

Should a cool-down be implemented for class changing?

• Total voters

Entei1234

Coal
The rapid use of class switching during raids has become more prominent in this past week. The problem that arises from this is that someone with enough money and having mastered all classes can switch from their current class to a dragoon to scale over a town's wall and then switch immediately using a macro to wizard and group teleport his party inside, then switch either back or to another class and proceed having gained a certain level of unfairness. This also hurts the player economy because they can switch to wizard for a free port, necromancer for free nether ports and any profession class to obtain all their goods instead of purchasing from other people. What I suggest to negate the use of this is a cool down on class changing preferably a ridiculously long amount of time. This allows for a fair PvP environment and prospering economy on the server. Please keep in mind that 99% of the player base does not have the excess money to spec over and over again in such short time and this does create an unfair environment on the server.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
Even a short cool down of 10 minutes wouldn't be so bad. Personally, I would want one hour, but I think 10 minutes would be fair.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
The rapid use of class switching during raids has become more prominent in this past week. The problem that arises from this is that someone with enough money and having mastered all classes can switch from their current class to a dragoon to scale over a town's wall and then switch immediately using a macro to wizard and group teleport his party inside, then switch either back or to another class and proceed having gained a certain level of unfairness. This also hurts the player economy because they can switch to wizard for a free port, necromancer for free nether ports and any profession class to obtain all their goods instead of purchasing from other people. What I suggest to negate the use of this is a cool down on class changing preferably a ridiculously long amount of time. This allows for a fair PvP environment and prospering economy on the server. Please keep in mind that 99% of the player base does not have the excess money to spec over and over again in such short time and this does create an unfair environment on the server.
It's about time...

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

It costs 500c to swap to a class, so a free port won't happen...

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
If you have enough money, why would you even care to buy a port when 500c is about as valuable to you as 1c to a new player?

Even if you have a lot of money you would buy a port for 20c and not spend 1k on a port...
Can you tell me who does this? If you spend 1k everytime you want to go to spawn you are not going to be rich for long.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I would think a class change would have a day cool down like warp. Or at. Least a couple hours

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Even if you have a lot of money you would buy a port for 20c and not spend 1k on a port...
Can you tell me who does this? If you spend 1k everytime you want to go to spawn you are not going to be rich for long.
To go to spawn, probably not, that would be quite silly.
However, it HAS been done to go to the Nether then track and to group teleport to locations one needs SuperJump to reach. They not only make themselves a one-man army, they break the normal limits of where classes can reach.

kongrave

Portal
To go to spawn, probably not, that would be quite silly.
However, it HAS been done to go to the Nether then track and to group teleport to locations one needs SuperJump to reach. They not only make themselves a one-man army, they break the normal limits of where classes can reach.
It comes with the benefit of taking the hours to master said classes and gather the coins needed. If anyone were to try hard enough they could easily do this.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ok, i suggest the same thing, but in a diferent thread, get 3 disagrees and 1 agree, and then entei does the same, but gets 4 agrees, 2 winners, and an optimistic... i feel hated
IMO, switching classes should be a bit cheaper, but with a week cooldown on the switch.

Da_Burg

Legacy Supporter 8
I've only done this once because I couldn't talk in trade. So yes it does happen.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Boy I sure do like the idea of making hard work worth less and less. Those hours of grinding and mining and shit sure do feel well spent now that my ability to use the rewards from them are more limited than ever before.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
ok, i suggest the same thing, but in a diferent thread, get 3 disagrees and 1 agree, and then entei does the same, but gets 4 agrees, 2 winners, and an optimistic... i feel hated
His avatar is cuter.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Name me 3 things that one can do on this server that is more work than grinding and mining.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
why anyone would want to spend upwards of 1-3k on a single raid I dont know not saying it doesnt happen but still if you switch classes during a raid your small rate of return is just growing smaller and smaller most raids your lucky to find 100-500c worth of loot.