• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cooking Corner!

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey there Heroes!

So I'm curious, is everyone here a Dorito munching/ Mountain Dew chugging nerd or do some have "Class"?

This thread will be about me and who ever wants to join showing off their cooking skills. It can be anything from cup-ramen to creme brulee!

To start things off, here is the banana bread I made today

Ge2fTn0.jpg

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
*Reserved*
If you want me to cook something make a suggestion and the one with the most "Yummies" I'll try to get around to make it.
*Warning*
The actual food may turn out: Inedible, burned, under cooked, crumble, be cursed by Satan, stolen by gremlins, gain sentience and commit suicide, or be too horrible to look at.
*Note*
Due to my current living conditions, I can't make anything containing alcohol/pork (If the recipe permits I can use pork substitutes). The good news is that I have access to plenty of exotic spices and ingredients.​

Last edited:

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
My issue is I never take pics of the food I create. =( Then again when I cook my whole chicken you cannot get it out of the crock pot whole as the meat just falls off the bones.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My issue is I never take pics of the food I create. =( Then again when I cook my whole chicken you cannot get it out of the crock pot whole as the meat just falls off the bones.
Sloppy messes are allowed! Just look at the Mochi I made:
5GsWgly.jpg

I tried to make them into spheres....TRIED!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I want the mochi now, send please post haste.

I made a fantastic teriyaki sauce last night. Did not use a recipe just kind of threw it together. Was so good I used it on the rice as well.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I want the mochi now, send please post haste.
If i was in the US I just might, but I don't think food stuffs are easy to ship from overseas :(

On the plus side, Mochi is EXTREMELY easy to make.
I made this in about 15 minutes: You can look up the recipes online, but what I did with mine is substitute some water with coconut milk. Here's what makes it easy: you can Microwave It. Just get the batter, put it in a microwave-safe container and cook it at max strength until the liquid firms.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
If i was in the US I just might, but I don't think food stuffs are easy to ship from overseas :(

On the plus side, Mochi is EXTREMELY easy to make.
I made this in about 15 minutes: You can look up the recipes online, but what I did with mine is substitute some water with coconut milk. Here's what makes it easy: you can Microwave It. Just get the batter, put it in a microwave-safe container and cook it at max strength until the liquid firms.

I just picked up a rice cooker, yesterday in fact. I wonder if I can use it to make mochi. *Runs off*

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Bad News: My brother got sick and was in the hospital all morning
Good News: It gave me an excuse to make him some "get well" cookies:

6q2pPXS.jpg

comfyfutons

Glowing Redstone
I'm really curious as to what living situation would pervent one from using alcohol and pork

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm really curious as to what living situation would pervent one from using alcohol and pork
Saudi Arabia man...this place is hell on earth :p I'm just kidding, it isn't that bad, but there are restrictions that I absolutely hate.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
The food is gone before I have a chance to take pictures of it *wipes mouth*

JacobBurkey

Portal
Did you see my cookies? They aren't even circle. I'll guess I will try this and fail MISERABLY!
Also, this is not really "Cooking" per say. It's more like preparation.
Maybe.. you could roast the swan afterwards! XD Well, at least you're going to attempt it! All I expect at the least is a deformed swan!

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I know! I could sculpt butter...then deep fry it!

But that would be a huge waste of butter so I guess not...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
At this rate, I might as well call this the Cookie Corner:
Ktz7vp9.jpg

Nutella n Peanut Butter Cookies