• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Content Suggestion

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Also there is no longer thief, think of something for runeblade.

Hmm that will be a tough one. I see the Runeblade as a mage/rogue. Since you shift through so many blade enchants during fights, I would say a BladeShifter but eh.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel so unloved Kainzo

How about Shogun? Since most definitions look at Samurai as soldiers, a military commander (Shogun) could work. However, Daimyo would not work since they were just lords of the land.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm going to Agree with this, level 70 is needed.

Kainzo, if you need any help let me know. Jake seems to have the skill counts down, but if you want to add more skills, maybe we could have a community meeting to help with ideas or something? I know your a busy man, so I'm just trying to give you ways to reduce the load of work good-sir.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
They are mastlerless because they did something wrong, and generally have poor equipment/ethics.
They group up to plunder villages etc and don't always follow Bushido anymore, but that doesn't really matter anyways.

It would make sense if a lvl 65/70 samurai would ge the title "Daimyo" since that is a higher ranked samurai.
A Daimyo isn't a higher ranking samurai, he's a Japanese Warlord or Clan leader. You could compare a Daimyo to a European Lord. He has vassals (Samurais from wealthy families that own land) and if his clan is powerful enough and he is a great military commander, he could potentially reach the title of Shogun (Shoguns were the Emperor's minister of Warfare basically untill 1192 when Yoritomo Minamoto got so powerful as the Shogun that he overthrew the Emperor and became the supreme ruler of all the clans in Japan. The Emperor remained the symbolic leader however the Shogun had all the power in politics. )

It's hard to find a title for samurai though as Samurai already is one of the most powerful titles in the Japanese hiearchy. Ronin is a lesser samurai without land, family or Bushido. A daimyo is a Lord who control armies of samurai vassals so that's too high up in the hiarchy.

I dunno, maybe [Divine] ?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel so unloved Kainzo

How about Shogun? Since most definitions look at Samurai as soldiers, a military commander (Shogun) could work. However, Daimyo would not work since they were just lords of the land.
Shogun is a Daimyo that has reached the stage of ultimate power... It would be so stupid to have 50 guys running around as [Shogun] on HC. It's like giving out [King] for a Paladin (Knight)

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
A Daimyo isn't a higher ranking samurai, he's a Japanese Warlord or Clan leader. You could compare a Daimyo to a European Lord. He has vassals (Samurais from wealthy families that own land) and if his clan is powerful enough and he is a great military commander, he could potentially reach the title of Shogun (Shoguns were the Emperor's minister of Warfare basically untill 1192 when Yoritomo Minamoto got so powerful as the Shogun that he overthrew the Emperor and became the supreme ruler of all the clans in Japan. The Emperor remained the symbolic leader however the Shogun had all the power in politics. )

It's hard to find a title for samurai though as Samurai already is one of the most powerful titles in the Japanese hiearchy. Ronin is a lesser samurai without land, family or Bushido. A daimyo is a Lord who control armies of samurai vassals so that's too high up in the hiarchy.

I dunno, maybe [Divine] ?

Well Ronin's are really "lesser" in skills than a Samurai, they just were wandering killers with no home. Take Miyamoto Musashi into example, he was a renown Ronin. At a young age he won plenty of duels and marked himself in history as a great swordsman (His first duel was when he was 13, beat a 16 year old who was an adept, 6 foot tall and skilled). Ronin could fit well for a title, for in this server, people who are Samurai's really don't have a master (or they may), people switch towns or travel alone.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Well Ronin's are really "lesser" in skills than a Samurai, they just were wandering killers with no home. Take Miyamoto Musashi into example, he was a renown Ronin. At a young age he won plenty of duels and marked himself in history as a great swordsman (His first duel was when he was 13, beat a 16 year old who was an adept, 6 foot tall and skilled). Ronin could fit well for a title, for in this server, people who are Samurai's really don't have a master (or they may), people switch towns or travel alone.
The only real lore set in place for player samurai is what I came around with, with Victor and his master Kaos who "died" (Spoiler :3) So I can see him being a Ronin, but as far as like Firebus or What, I think they more prefer to play HC than become immersed in its lore.

On that note, a ronin is only a title given to master-less samurai. It doesn't necessarily mean they are worse, but more describes them as wanderers.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Actually Victim, Ronin means that their gear would be worse and that they were nothing but rebels as they had failed serving their Daimyo. When a Samurai masters, why would he ever strive to become a Ronin? He'd strive to keep his family's and Daimyo's honour intact.

It's like if a Knight would want to become a Hedge-Knight...

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Actually Victim, Ronin means that their gear would be worse and that they were nothing but rebels as they had failed serving their Daimyo. When a Samurai masters, why would he ever strive to become a Ronin? He'd strive to keep his family's and Daimyo's honour intact.

It's like if a Knight would want to become a Hedge-Knight...
Well that's most times, but I mean there were ronin who were flawless samurai.

EDIT: Though I do agree, they would not particularly want to become a ronin.

adding a new level cap and a new spell plus a world reset would allow the game to drive new activity along with allowing the newer players like myself to make towns. along with more pvp opportunities I love this server and the group of people that play on it but the reset plus new changes would be awsome

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
adding a new level cap and a new spell plus a world reset would allow the game to drive new activity along with allowing the newer players like myself to make towns. along with more pvp opportunities I love this server and the group of people that play on it but the reset plus new changes would be awsome

Well I know a few of us are hoping the map is coming to an end soon, or they push out new content (increase leveling cap, new spells, new titles). Lets just hope it's soon, hate running around in circles all day....the pvp has died down due to people leaving from boredom I suppose. We need to get the spark going again.