• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Content Suggestion

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't feel like typing much, but would be cool to see a major content (patch) update. The update would increase the level cap and possibly add another skill to each current class. Think of it as a mini expansion pack, more things to do, and it may reduce the amount of respecs because of leveling. This may also bring back old players who lost interest once they hit the max level. Obviously in a few months it would grow old, but would be a nice hype for a few months.

Summary:

Increase level cap to 70.
Add a new spell for each class for level 70.
Add a new titles for achieving level 70.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I would love to see this happen to be honest, espically since it's so late in the map, a large group of players have several classes mastered and would probably love something to do in their spare time. (Leveling :))

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to see this happen to be honest, especially since it's so late in the map, a large group of players have several classes mastered and would probably love something to do in their spare time. (Leveling :))

Spoken like a wise man.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
With this addition, special titles should be brought back.
Like Sammy getting ronin etc

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
That doesn't make sense, a ronin is a masterless Samurai. Why is a ronin better?
I always thought Ronin were rogue samurai, but phrasing it as "masterless" actually makes it sound like an upgrade from regular Samurai. The [Ronin] have no master!

on topic
If implemented, would this process repeat itself next map (first to 60, then 70)? Or would the level cap just stay super high forever?

Also: Until Karma/anti-camping measures come in, -1 for increasing the gap between noobs and mastered. Therefore we would need to make lvl 70 have very minimal increases from 60.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I always thought Ronin were rogue samurai, but phrasing it as "masterless" actually makes it sound like an upgrade from regular Samurai. The [Ronin] have no master!

on topic
If implemented, would this process repeat itself next map (first to 60, then 70)? Or would the level cap just stay super high forever?

Also: Until Karma/anti-camping measures come in, -1 for increasing the gap between noobs and mastered. Therefore we would need to make lvl 70 have very minimal increases from 60.

They are mastlerless because they did something wrong, and generally have poor equipment/ethics.
They group up to plunder villages etc and don't always follow Bushido anymore, but that doesn't really matter anyways.

It would make sense if a lvl 65/70 samurai would ge the title "Daimyo" since that is a higher ranked samurai.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
That doesn't make sense, a ronin is a masterless Samurai. Why is a ronin better?
I was simply trying to use one that I remembered from last map. It might not be 100% accurate. But I know that they were used in DG

Found them!
Ninja - Shinobi
Ranger - Warder
Runeblade -
Bard - Minstrel
Samurai - Ronin
Paladin - Crusader
Dreadknight - Reaver
Dragoon- Skylance
Pyromancer- Arsonist
Wizard - Evoker
Necromancer - Heretic
Beguiler - Phantasm
Bloodmage - Leech
Disciple - Apostle
Cleric - Vicar
Mystic - Preserver

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's not an easy thing to do to include an extra 16(or more) skills. We'd have to re-evaluate all the current specs and then re-order the skills and to those classes who don't have enough, we'd add them.

Beguiler/Ranger probably have more than enough at the moment.
I could see Bard/Samurai getting another
Paladin could get another heal, though I don't think they desperately need it.

If someone wants to make a list of all the classes and how many non-level 1 skills they have, that'd help me to see how feasible this is.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
They are mastlerless because they did something wrong, and generally have poor equipment/ethics.
They group up to plunder villages etc and don't always follow Bushido anymore, but that doesn't really matter anyways.

Not always true. If a samurai's Daimyo is killed all of his samurai become ronin. Some ronin still have honor and follow bushido but were off on guard duty when their master was killed. Thats why they are called 'masterless'.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
It's not an easy thing to do to include an extra 16(or more) skills. We'd have to re-evaluate all the current specs and then re-order the skills and to those classes who don't have enough, we'd add them.

If someone wants to make a list of all the classes and how many non-level 1 skills they have, that'd help me to see how feasible this is.

This would be awesome for a mid-map expansion and maybe start a trend. A new map comes up with level cap 60. Several months later, the cap is raised and new skills added. Perhaps with dungeons the level 60 has to complete a solo dungeon to prove their worth to be allowed above 60 ?

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6

Beguiler/Ranger probably have more than enough at the moment.
I could see Bard/Samurai getting another
Paladin could get another heal, though I don't think they desperately need it.

I hope this is what you meant. Anyways, another thing that needs to be looked into is not really just the amount of skills they have, but how many are actually useful in combat situations. Also, I do have some suggestions for skills for every class, but seems like you are not looking into it.

Edit: Also I know its not easy to add 16 more skills, the only reason I suggested it was to have something "exciting" to look forward to when reaching a new level cap. This is something that shouldn't be rushed but should be added in because many players, including myself who hit the cap have seen a drop in PvP and find ourselves running around in circles inside our towns. I truly believe that players that have been on here since the start of this map would love to see something new to look forward too and it would bring back old players. Hell there could even be a competition to 70, so many great things could come out of it.

All non-lvl 1 skills

Warrior Path:

Paladin: 9 skills
Dreadnight: 8 skills
Dragoon: 7 skills
Samurai: 7 skills

Rogue Path:

Ninja: 11 skills
Ranger: 11 skills
Runeblade: 9 skills
Bard: 8 skills

Caster Path:

Pyromancer: 9 skills
Wizard: 11 skills
Necromancer: 10 skills
Beguiler: 12 skills

Healer Path:

Cleric: 10 skills
Mystic: 12 skills
Bloodmage: 8 skills
Disciple: 10 skills

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I was simply trying to use one that I remembered from last map. It might not be 100% accurate. But I know that they were used in DG

Found them!
Ninja - Shinobi
Ranger - Warder
Thief - Smuggler
Bard - Minstrel
Samurai - Ronin
Paladin - Crusader
Dreadknight - Reaver
Dragoon- Skylance
Pyromancer- Arsonist
Wizard - Evoker
Necromancer - Heretic
Beguiler - Phantasm
Bloodmage - Leech
Disciple - Apostle
Cleric - Vicar
Mystic - Preserver

These look cool. Bring back these titles, throw them in for a 70 title.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Not always true. If a samurai's Daimyo is killed all of his samurai become ronin. Some ronin still have honor and follow bushido but were off on guard duty when their master was killed. Thats why they are called 'masterless'.

Still don't see how this makes them better

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Daimyo, Shogun, Ronin. Pretty much the three ones I can think off the top of my head.