• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Connection Issues

Zangofett2

Legacy Supporter 4
A friend of mine posted this a few days ago. It was merged with an unrelated thread before it ever got a reply, so I am re-posting it for him, since he is busy with college atm. His original post:

"Ok, I got whitelisted about a week ago and since then have been unable to connect to the herocraft server. I am able to log into the world, I get the whole welcome message in the chat area and see some players around me, but the world itself never renders and I fall through it and into the void and fall for about 15 seconds before I get booted with this error:
Internal exception: java.net.socketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
I'm not sure what the issue is and would appreciate some help on this matter. I would love to be able to access the server and not have signed up for nothing."
I asked in the HelpMe channel in the server and Kainzo told me it is probably a client-side problem, which I would agree with. I was wondering if there was some troubleshooting ideas we could try that we have not yet done. We have tried: Using Spout and updating it to latest dev and recc builds. Disabling anti-virus and any VPN programs, and simply trying to use a different PC that was on the same network but, that PC experienced the same problem.

I myself am behind several routers and run a VPN program in the background while playing and had no trouble connecting so, I am stumped at this point. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Does this happen on get.spout.org (latest dev) ?

Have him uninstall all JAVA from his OS and reinstall latest only.