• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Concerning map wipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Map wipes are a completely necessary part of any large minecraft server, but that doesn't mean that everything has to completely restart. It annoys me that we keep no progress whenever there is a map wipe. I suggest the next time there is a map wipe, there should be a portal near the spawn for a short amount of time that would allow us to move between the old and the new world. This would allow us to manually move our unused resources from one map to the other. Once all that is done, we destroy the portal, and keep all of our unused resources. I know this can work, because it was done on another server that I played.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It would cut down on the frantic mining at the very start of a map, but Shadowall is correct. New map has always equaled fresh start for the players in HC. It would also make specializing and such really easy for last-map vets.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
All you need really is to make sure you've been accepted into a town before the map release so then you can hoard resources as a group, really not that hard to gain resources that way. If you're going in solo, well your best bet is to find a town or at least a group of people eh?

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
What is the point of a "fresh start"? Why should we all have to start over just because some players didn't get here all at the same time? As far as I know, there is no mmorpg in the world that completely deletes everything, ever. It makes no sense.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Who says we have to be like other mmo's? We are unique, we are awesome, we are herocraft.
Wow, that's a great point, backed up with some great evidence! On the other hand, i said nothing about not resetting levels. I just want to keep all the stuff that I mine out between maps. It's pointless getting rid of all of it, because it hardly gives an advantage to new players.

I just want to keep all the stuff that I mine out between maps. It's pointless getting rid of all of it, because it hardly gives an advantage to new players.
It hardly gives an advantage to new players? Player A brings over a stack of gold blocks. Player B is new. Player A has... *does the math* approximately 4680 coins worth right off the bat. Player A can now spec without worry, buy whatever he wants, build a town and keep it running for a couple weeks without needing to collect any taxes. Player B has to work hard to scrape together enough coinage to become a Crafter (what is the cost, btw? Still 100c?).

Complete wipe levels the playing field. It needs to happen.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
It hardly gives an advantage to new players? Player A brings over a stack of gold blocks. Player B is new. Player A has... *does the math* approximately 4680 coins worth right off the bat. Player A can now spec without worry, buy whatever he wants, build a town and keep it running for a couple weeks without needing to collect any taxes. Player B has to work hard to scrape together enough coinage to become a Crafter (what is the cost, btw? Still 100c?).

Complete wipe levels the playing field. It needs to happen.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.