• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Completely revamp caster and its specs

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I guess what I am trying to put at here having more things to do as a caster instead of just killing everything is what I want. An addition of 3-5 skills would make the classes very amusing to play
I say give Harmtouch and Layhands to Necro.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Everyone says necro should be able to summon mobs, anyone even think that people would grind with it?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Everyone says necro should be able to summon mobs, anyone even think that people would grind with it?

I would imagine that it would have a significant cooldown. Even 3 mobs every 30 secs would be a little amount of experience. Also, why would they allow you to hurt your own summon?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
You could summon a mob and have it reward 0 XP upon death, first of all.

Secondly, adding "3-5 more damage skills per caster spec" is laughable. The only way that should happen is if EVERY class in HC gets similar treatment. You can seldomly add 1 skill to a class (let alone 3-5) without it having some sort of domino effect on other classes.

Having said that, a change on casters would be nice. I'd like to see casters fulfill different roles that would spread across different parts of the spectrum. Wizards obviously being high ranged DPS, beguilers focused on even more CCs with less damage output than it currently has, pyromancers being a little more tanky than it currently is focused almost entirely on melee (not familiar with Pyros since its revamp, it might already be tank/melee), and necromancer needing a complete re-work, but focusing on some CC, and more utility.

More so, some creativity in fireball would be nice. The only difference between fireballs between different classes is the mana/cd duration, and damage it deals. Some unique features for each class would be great... I know you're not eating the idea up with a spoon Delfofthebla , but having a short debuff on the guy who just took a fireball to the face would be pretty neat. Whether its a short Slowness, a stoppage in mana regen/stamina regen, or even nausea would be a cool feature. Hell, instead of/ontop of a debuff on the receiver of the fireball, the caster could be granted a buff for 2-3 seconds which would slightly increase the dmg of the next skill. Skill shots are hard to hit, no? Might as well reward a player for landing one and give him a 3 second window to deal his highest damage dealing spell for maximum dps...

I dream of a HeroCraft where maximum DPS/DOTs/HOTs are earned through the progression of skills, not freely available to you as long as they're off CD.

I dream of a HeroCraft where RNG of Blackjack will not determine whether you win or lose a fight, and that no skills are ever designed with similar mechanics ever again.

I dream of a HeroCraft where the word Crit will be used by nobody.

I dream of a HeroCraft where the length of a fight, whether it be 1v1 or a teamfight, will be in more accordance with the length of a Movie trailor, and not a commercial.

I dream... I dream... I dream.