• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Compatible mods

CatLawer

Coal
For my time in Herocraft, there's been times when I noticed some issues and differences in the experience. I've been told that herocraft uses a set of mods to enchant the experience of the game to be even close to what the youtuber TheOneWhoFliesTrains has. I have no idea which sort of mods are compatible with the server and what sort of things should I expect. I already have problems with the top middle bar which flashes every once in a while and seem like it needs something to stabilize. There's also the texture pack issue where you cannot change your original conquer texture pack as soon as you enter and it's not even functional that well either. I'd be happy if anyone can inform me of what I'm missing here.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Okay the bar on the top of your screen is flashing because of your client. Use a 1.7 client to fix it (I don't know what else to do if that doesn't work or you have already done so). The texture pack problem can be changed in the multiplayer list. Left click on the hercraft server ONCE and click the edit button towards the bottom of your screen. A new GUI will pop up and click on the button that says : SERVER RESOURCE PACKS ENABLED until it says disabled instead of enabled.

Mods:
Lite Loader
Macro/keybind mod
Rei's minimap
optifine
tabby chat
and a few others that I forget at this time

CatLawer

Coal
Okay the bar on the top of your screen is flashing because of your client. Use a 1.7 client to fix it (I don't know what else to do if that doesn't work or you have already done so). The texture pack problem can be changed in the multiplayer list. Left click on the hercraft server ONCE and click the edit button towards the bottom of your screen. A new GUI will pop up and click on the button that says : SERVER RESOURCE PACKS ENABLED until it says disabled instead of enabled.

Mods:
Lite Loader
Macro/keybind mod
Rei's minimap
optifine
tabby chat
and a few others that I forget at this time
Thanks. That sounds really helpful. Though I'm not sure if the server accepts 1.7 anymore, but I'll see that for myself. Thanks again

CatLawer

Coal
I tried 17.10 and it worked fine. Haven't tried tabby chat nor micro/keybind mod through yet, but I will someday. Also, I've attempted shader mod and it's totally amazing! sadly, it kills your FPS so badly and the game starts skipping if you don't have a good PC. Here's how everything looks with the shader (which is called Seus if anyone wants to know) :D
JXDFiOn.jpg

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I tried 17.10 and it worked fine. Haven't tried tabby chat nor micro/keybind mod through yet, but I will someday. Also, I've attempted shader mod and it's totally amazing! sadly, it kills your FPS so badly and the game starts skipping if you don't have a good PC. Here's how everything looks with the shader (which is called Seus if anyone wants to know) :D
JXDFiOn.jpg
Now if only I could actually get shaders to work for me....
(this is not a cry for help)

CatLawer

Coal
Required tools:

Step 1: Run a clean install of Minecraft 1.7.10 Atleast Once
Step 2: Run forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-installer.jar with install client option selected.
Step 3: Run OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_A4 and install it.
Step 4: Run liteloader-installer-1.7.10-01.jar and Select Chain to Minecraft Forge and Chain to Optifine options during install.
Step 5: Copy mod_worldeditcui_1.7.10_00_mc1.7.10.litemod file to your minecraft install directory under folder /mods (If there is no such folder. Create it)
Step 6: Copy ShadersModCore-v2.3.18-mc1.7.10-f1179.jar to /mods folder on the minecraft install directory
Step 7: Copy seus_v10.1_Preview2.zip to /shaderpacks folder under minecraft install directory (If there is no such folder. create it)

To Run the client - Open your minecraft launcher. and select LiteLoader 1.7.10 profile from the left.

It should run smoothly. (You need to activate the shader from Shaders menu on settings page ingame)

Recommended Texture pack = R3d.Craft Smooth Realism + R3d.Craft Smooth Realism Shader Compability Pack. (Link to Thread Here)

A disclaimer: This was made by
transparent1x1.png
MERTYOL

CatLawer

Coal
Oh, that reminds me...If you can't chain both optifine and Forge, then try putting optifine as a mod. It should work as well. As for the texture pack, if it doesn't suit you, then try Conquer or John Smith. They are both good in terms of compatibility with the shader and it gives the same good look that you saw before.