• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Compare Some Specalisations, Skill Suggestions

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
Hello there, I'm writing this thread to stress some minor unfair advantages, and I think something should be done about it. So let us first look at the armor those specs can use:

Ninja_______Thief______Samurai______Paladin
Armor: ___Only Leather __Only Leather___Full Chainmail ___Full Iron+Diamond​

Now to the skills:​

Ninja: The only useful skill of the Ninja is Smoke, a 10s invisibility, wich has 300 cd. The chance of blackjack, 5% per hit isn't really anything in Minecraft PVP, since you don't strike that often to kill somebody, or you get killed before because your enemy has too much armor, like the paladin, I will come to that later. Also I was told that the ninja star is broken at the moment, but as soon as that changes samurai will have the same skill.

Thief: He only has 2 Skills, 1 of them isn't very useful, as I mentioned before. The other one, safefall, is handy, but not really good in combat or anything else, and it only reduces the falldamage taken.

The community has some very great ideas, wich I will list later in the new skills part.

Samurai: The "match" of the ninja in the warrior path. He has a lot of gamebreaking skills, like 5 second invulnerability in meleefights a very long time in minecraft pvp, since most of the fights end after 5 seconds.30% Speed bost is way better than 15s invisbility with a 300s cooldown, and it only has 10 seconds cooldown. You can chase people even better and escape very often. The last skill to mention is star, wich is the same as the ninja star.

Paladin: These skills are way overpowered compared to the others, in my opinion. First of all the 10 second invulnerability makes you survive all attacks while you do full damage do others, together with the diamond armor you can't really be killed, then the healing skill heals you to full, better than any healer skill, and last, you have the revive skill, wich makes you together with the healing skill a better healer than any cleric or monk.

So yes, I think that Ninjas and Thiefes, also rangers should get way more love, paladins should get nerfed with abilities and/or armor, or you give everybody better armor.

Many people say "You have to attack from behind as a rogue" or " You aren't the run in class, you have to assassinate", that may be true, but even if you do so, you loose most of the fights since your opponent can just run/leap away, or make himself immortal for 5-10s seconds. And even if all those cases dont come, you still need at least 6 hits with a diamond sword on diamond armor, if the enemy doesnt use food.

Well, all in all, I think Rogue specs should get more skills, especially more skills that fit them. I often looked at the "One" skill of The samurai, and the "Jump" skill of the dragoon, and I think, exactly these skills should be thief or ninja skills. The agile class has only 2 skills like safefall and a 5% stun, and the warrior, wich was meant to be strong and not agile, has skill like 30% more speed and a leap skill. I think that's very unfair.

Another way to balance it would maybe be the new skills suggested by many people of the community for the thief and/or ninja. For example a new skill wich gives you the ability to steal money from dead bodies you killed, would fit the thief very good. Also a speed boost or jump skills would be very good for both of them. So please, look at this, ask players, and look into the wiki, you will see that there IS unbalanced gameplay. Thank you for reading this, ChunkyM0nk3y.

R3xz

Glowstone
I really would like to see the final outcome of the damage overhaul done first before we all go crazy and start changing everything again, it's much better to do it after the combat system is in place so we don't have to change everything twice.

I will however state that I do think a lot of the warrior specs are more fulfilling in terms of useful abilities and armor/weapon capabilities than compare to every other combat classes, not just rogues. I also think that some of the traits that warrior specs have closely resemble that of which a rogue should have, and I do agree with chunky that rogues should start to get more "rogue like" abilities in the future.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
Well I didn't really think that this Thread got Updated, but thanks for the heads up :) If you think my Thread is Not needed, then Just feel free to delete it :p