• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Community Serverwide Bonus XP Microtransaction

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo

This was discussed briefly within the first couple weeks of Haven opening up in the in-game chat, and I wanted to raise it again as a possiblity:

In the HC Store, I would love to see a "community buy-in" for each level of the Serverwide Bonus XP (50%, 100%, 150%, 200%). What this would allow is numerous HC members to donate in X dollar increments, and once the regular cost of the bonus XP is met, it triggers the bonus XP event.

There would be several benefits of doing this:
1) It allows many people to pitch in to purchase a single bonus. If there are 150 people on, and 10% of them pitch in a dollar, then the entire server would get a 50% XP bonus; OR if 150 people are on, and each person pitched in .50 cents, then we could almost have enough for 2 hours of 200% XP (I think I have a couple quarters lying around here somewhere....)
2) It gives a township the ability to have a group of their own members evenly distribute the cost of a town event, instead of putting the entire cost on one person.
3) It allows a bit of enthusiasm and anticipation for the next event, and it encourages members of HC to check back often to the HC Store (to check the current balance of each XP bonus), thus increasing the traffic to the Store.

Of course, there may be a drawback or two:
1) Someone might pitch in $5 bucks and then have to get off HC to go to school, work, etc., and miss the event.
2) It might encourage more spam-like banter in the chat channels akin to the "/join arena" talk that frequently occurred in Bastion.

I hope that this style of microtransaction is added to the store in the future.

-yav

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo

This was discussed briefly within the first couple weeks of Haven opening up in the in-game chat, and I wanted to raise it again as a possiblity:

In the HC Store, I would love to see a "community buy-in" for each level of the Serverwide Bonus XP (50%, 100%, 150%, 200%). What this would allow is numerous HC members to donate in X dollar increments, and once the regular cost of the bonus XP is met, it triggers the bonus XP event.

1) It allows many people to pitch in to purchase a single bonus. If there are 150 people on, and 10% of them pitch in a dollar, then the entire server would get a 50% XP bonus; OR if 150 people are on, and each person pitched in .50 cents, then we could almost have enough for 2 hours of 200% XP (I think I have a couple quarters lying around here somewhere....)
2) It gives a township the ability to have a group of their own members evenly distribute the cost of a town event, instead of putting the entire cost on one person.
3) It allows a bit of enthusiasm and anticipation for the next event, and it encourages members of HC to check back often to the HC Store (to check the current balance of each XP bonus), thus increasing the traffic to the Store.

1) Someone might pitch in $5 bucks and then have to get off HC to go to school, work, etc., and miss the event.
2) It might encourage more spam-like banter in the chat channels akin to the "/join arena" talk that frequently occurred in Bastion.

-yav
I love this idea immensely add it PLEASE :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo

-yav
This has been suggested but atm - there isnt a "way" to do this in Buycraft. I made a "tip jar" suggestion that when reached to X amount - would fire off Y command.