• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Community Meeting - State of the Server - 08/03/14 - 3PM CST

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Why not include Elites and Elders as well as staff and T5 donators?
Including Elites and Elders would make IRC chat pretty hectic and hard to follow. As stated the meeting as it is is described as 'generally a little chaotic'.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Topic suggestions:
  • Making Heroes easier to understand for newbies? (hc.to/newuser)
  • Changes to the whitelist (Possible removal?)
  • Expanding our community
  • T10 donator/perks?

Y

ytiggidmas

@Admins | @Moderators | @Heralds

We're planning to have a community meeting for Herocraft on 08/03/14 - 3PM CST.
All users will be able to attend - only staff and Supporters above T6 will have voice. (After the discussion is over we will voice everyone)

Meeting Area:
IRC -- esper.net #Herocraft (T6+ voice / staff)
Teamspeak ts.hc.to pw: dhrocks (Mod+ voiced) --- Lobby Channel

This is a community driven by a lot of hard work and dedication - I want users to be able to air disputes, issues and anything else in the open so that we, as staff, can resolve and handle these things in an orderly fashion.

Topics for discussion (so far):
  • Staff Restructuring
  • TBA
These meetings are generally a little chaotic - they last about an hour (3PM to 4PM CST). Please be respectful during these meetings - if we have to go out of the way to remove you, you will be removed from all Herocraft services for life.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you there!
On top of staff restructuring, we should discuss balancing, and the process of pushing balance updates to live. 'Lead team/senior' positions, for all teams should be brought up, as well as the recruitment process for teams to go with said positions. Current PvP server condition, current PVE server condition, and how Herocraft can change to make it easier for the two to coexist without effecting gameplay. Then how FFA/RPG will coexist with the other two servers as well.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I think we need to discuss the white list process... is there a way we can have the white list applicants start through minecraftforums for the free bumps?

Or what is an alternative to get those freebie bumps back?

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
First ~hour of IRC logs from the meeting
http://pastebin.com/ftJJ0Sff

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][13:02] <@Kainzo> Alrighty
[*]03[13:02] * Oryinn ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:02] <@Kainzo> We are coming underway - T5+ and staff have voice, so feel free to speak up, this will take about 30 minutes and we're also in teamspeak, we will allow all-speak after the main points are hit on
[*]03[13:02] * holyrollerss ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:03] <@Kainzo> Please refrain from spamming the same questions or being churlish and unruly
[*][13:03] <@Kainzo> The devs/admins are here to assist the process and can definitely chime in
[*]03[13:03] * Ary ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:03] * ruger392 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:03] <@Kainzo> === Staff Restructuring ===
[*]03[13:03] * Caerulean ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:03] * Retrieving #Herocraft modes...
[*]03[13:03] * greatman sets mode: +m
[*][13:03] <@Kainzo> We will be restructuring staff and creating new teams to delegate more power to the players and dedicated members through councils and teams
[*]03[13:03] * MariusAbyssal ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:03] * EnigmaticMander ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:04] <@greatman> For those that just joined, please use /nick to set your server rank, example: /nick Dev|greatman
[*][13:04] <@greatman> that way I can promote you
[*][13:04] <@greatman> to speak
[*][13:04] <@Kainzo> This includes the Rules Council (To update Rules and clarify them for all players) ... Scripting team for quests/bosses and adventure things... the Adventure Team as an overarching team for all instances of Adventure
[*]03[13:04] * Admin|Danda sets mode: +v T9JakLng
[*]03[13:04] * [Mod]hilltim1 sets mode: +v MariusAbyssal
[*]03[13:04] * MariusAbyssal is now known as Architect|MariusAbyssal
[*][13:04] <@Kainzo> and Balance Team being split into Implementers and Testers
[*][13:04] <@Kainzo> Any questions/feedback regarding the above? feel free to speak freely
[*]03[13:05] * CanDoBlue is now known as Herald
[*][13:05] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I did that too, Blue
[*][13:05] <@[Mod]hilltim1> /nick Herald|CanDoBlue
[*]03[13:05] * Herald is now known as [Herald]CanDoBlue
[*]03[13:05] * Admin|Danda sets mode: +v [Herald]CanDoBlue
[*][13:07] <@Kainzo> trying to juggle both TS and IRC argh
[*][13:07] <@Kainzo> ==== How we communicate ====
[*][13:07] <@Kainzo> We're going to be changing how we communicate with the community
[*][13:08] <@Kainzo> We will hold off main ideas until they are either mostly coded or fully coded before releasing sneak peeks and information
[*][13:08] <@Kainzo> So we don't get hopes up and if something doesnt get done it wont be a let down
[*]03[13:08] * t9-Xargun ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:08] * [Mod]hilltim1 sets mode: +v t9-Xargun
[*][13:08] <@Kainzo> The Adventure map and contents described are still coming and a lot of work has been done towards it, but we'll touch that in another topic
[*]03[13:08] * g1ng3r ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:08] * Adrastos ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:09] <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: Implementing and testing is great and all, but can balance actually get a change to live without your explicit approval?
[*][13:09] <@Kainzo> Staff (and myself) will try and be more available in teamspeak to users who are looking to talk one on one with staff, at least some hours a week so if you have something you need to discuss, you'll get the chance
[*][13:09] <@Admin|Xanipher> 'office hours'
[*][13:09] <@Admin|Xanipher> sounds fun
[*][13:09] <@Admin|Xanipher> hehe
[*][13:09] <@Kainzo> May have missed it - but as discussed on the restructuring page, OxNaomi --- There is a repo for Balance that will have push access to implementers
[*][13:09] <@Kainzo> So testers can view the repo and configs - when needed (via git.hc.to) and implemeters can push it
[*][13:10] <@Kainzo> Ultimately, it will be a group discussion on the actual changes being made and historical data will be preserved via the change logs of git
[*][13:10] <@Admin|Danda> I'm nearly always available atm in TS anyway xD
[*]03[13:11] * Oudaiesty ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:11] * [Mod]hilltim1 sets mode: +v Oudaiesty
[*][13:12] <+[Proctor]irishman81> +1 for reading applications
[*][13:12] <@Kainzo> I'd like to devise a team to approve and filter applications for admins or the specific team to handle
[*][13:12] <@Kainzo> Rather than relying on myself to sift through hundreds
[*][13:12] <@greatman> Team leaders somewhat?
[*][13:12] <@Kainzo> I'm sure an inductions or H&R team would gbe nice
[*][13:12] <@Admin|Xanipher> yea i dont look at apps until i need someone, or else i have a ton of people with no job to do
[*][13:13] <@Kainzo> Correct, greatman
[*][13:13] <+[Proctor]irishman81> I'm all for that
[*][13:13] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like seniors?
[*][13:13] <+[Architect]Devoted> Like Senors?
[*]03[13:13] * DJAlphaWolf ([email protected]) has left #Herocraft
[*]03[13:13] * DJAlphaWolf ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:13] <@Admin|Xanipher> i would love to have a event team senior
[*][13:13] <@Kainzo> ^
[*][13:13] <@Admin|Xanipher> because its so much work and time
[*][13:13] <@Kainzo> Its a massive amount of time to run this server and we want to give more of that power to the community to help :)
[*][13:13] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Or a Herald Sr.
[*][13:13] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
[*][13:13] <@greatman> If non-voiced peeps got good questions, just pm me them (/msg greatman The actual msg), ill probably forward them
[*][13:13] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
[*][13:14] <@Kainzo> While a senior isnt always needed, its definitely a plus in my book
[*][13:14] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> There hasnt been a Sr Herald since DG
[*][13:14] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Bastion*
[*][13:14] <@Kainzo> If you guys have questions to ask, speak up - I dont want to rush this and its here for you
[*][13:14] <@Admin|Danda> Honestly I feel the Herald team needs one, they have very little direction atm and need someone to try and focus the team into a more useful form
[*][13:14] <@Kainzo> This is community feedback
[*][13:14] <+[Herald]BaBomba> :D
[*][13:15] <@greatman> *offtopic* can someone give me a decent rank on TS so I can write at least? :P
[*][13:15] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> I agree Danda
[*][13:15] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sounds Good
[*][13:15] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Agreed
[*][13:15] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> haha kain
[*][13:15] <+[Architect]Devoted> Why is Kainzo banned from the Minecraft Forums T_T
[*][13:15] <+Wiki|malikdanab> I saw that tweet
[*][13:15] <@[Mod]hilltim1> Done greatman.
[*][13:15] <@greatman> Thanks
[*][13:16] <@Admin|Xanipher> ive told etkenn and babomba to co-senior herald until we figure it out
[*][13:16] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> We should merge the Social team with the Forum team within the Herald team
[*][13:16] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> test voice
[*][13:16] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> So that we'd end up with Video and Forum instead of Video, Forum and Social.
[*][13:17] <@greatman> I like that
[*][13:17] <@Kainzo> How do you feel about staff paying staff members X souls a week?
[*][13:17] <+[Architect]Devoted> I think even as staff, its voluntary, so I think staff who are lower kinda seems stupid >.<
[*][13:17] <+[Proctor]irishman81> I'm fine with it if they are active
[*][13:17] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> That would require better management of each team though
[*][13:18] <+[Architect]Devoted> Maybe for big projects where they contributed
[*][13:18] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I'm not saying this just because I'm a Herald, but I think it'd be a good idea
[*][13:18] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> To make sure the staff members are actually working
[*][13:18] <+t9-Xargun> Make it a max per week - and the staff in charge (Mod / Admins) decide if they have earned it
[*][13:18] <@Kainzo> 50-100s per week is what im saying
[*][13:18] <@Kainzo> and the reasoning is these players could be mindlessly mining and making money ubt instead they are helping the server
[*][13:18] <@Admin|Xanipher> we can hold the seniors accountable for monitoring activity
[*][13:18] <@Kainzo> so something small couldnt hurt
[*][13:18] <@greatman> 4:18:24 PM <Jpenguin> What will become of the proctor team? At the moment, they seem like a useless team.
[*][13:18] <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
[*][13:18] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The senior/head of the team could check on the activity of the team members more thorougly
[*][13:18] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> mhmm
[*][13:18] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> should*
[*][13:19] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Someone could make a note of what the other members in that staff position have done throughout the week.
[*][13:19] <+[Architect]Devoted> I think thats a good idea Kainzo, I like doing applications :3
[*][13:19] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Well thats my question answered haha
[*][13:19] <@greatman> Kainzo is thinking merging them in the application team Jpenguin
[*][13:19] <+[Proctor]irishman81> Agreed ^^
[*][13:19] <@Kainzo> Proctors are in a need of rework - we might be able to shift them help with staff-apps, but in a different caliber
[*][13:19] <+[Architect]Devoted> Proctors all the waaaay!
[*][13:19] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> A lot of proctors have become more like guides as of late.
[*][13:20] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Proctors do help in Tour chat and help newbies, but Proctor is at the moment just a cleaning up job
[*][13:20] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : Will balance test for bugs / things not working ?
[*][13:20] <@Admin|Xanipher> guides we need more of anyways haha
[*][13:20] <@greatman> Could be a side-job Architect|MariusAbyssal
[*][13:21] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The heralds should focus on keeping the MCF thread active
[*][13:21] <+[Architect]Devoted> We could make the Application another way to Whitelist, because some people don't like the /register
[*][13:21] <+[Proctor]irishman81> They just don't know how to use it
[*][13:21] <+[Proctor]irishman81> tbh its soooo much easier
[*][13:22] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Yeah, we worked on that back in the days
[*][13:22] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Oh, so tips wont work either
[*][13:22] <@Kainzo> I agree, but we cant just "bump" the thread under the new rules of MCF
[*][13:22] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> That's a problem, we need to figure something out then
[*]03[13:22] * Cabbadge42 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:22] <@Kainzo> Yep
[*][13:22] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Can we make it an active decussion of "What I did today on HeroCraft" ?
[*][13:22] <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: yes - balance will also report bugs if they find them
[*][13:22] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> discussion
[*][13:22] <@Kainzo> Good idea Cando :D
[*][13:22] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
[*][13:23] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Discussing upcoming updates etc. too
[*]03[13:23] * mib_jae7o3 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:23] * LovelyArmor ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]02[13:23] * Nekokunai ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:23] <@Kainzo> ===== Advertising Costs =====
[*][13:23] <@Kainzo> For the first, almost 4 years, of Herocraft - we have spent $0 on advertising
[*][13:23] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : But will balance actively test each update to make sure no bugs slip ?
[*][13:23] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> How about you Heralds put together a "this week in Herocraft" post to keep the community updated.
[*][13:23] <@Kainzo> We have a grass roots community and while I'd love to keep it that way, I'd like to spend some of our income in advertising to grow the community
[*][13:24] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Maybe a video series Thunder, I've thought about that before
[*][13:24] <@Kainzo> Streamers and Youtubers are an untapped market for Herocraft, we are currently the "hidden" gem that needs to be polished and presented to new users
[*][13:24] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like, ''herocraft weekly'' of sorts
[*][13:24] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Doable
[*][13:24] <@Admin|Danda> One last thing not so sure proctors should be shifted to doing staff applications. I think that should be more for the leaders of the individual teams like the Seniors or the Admin that's in charge.
[*][13:24] <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: It really depends on how long we want the turn around time
[*][13:24] <@Kainzo> Very possible though
[*][13:24] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sure I like that Thunder
[*][13:24] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Ahrall
[*]03[13:25] * Delfofthebla ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:25] * Air_Restraint ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:25] <+T7MovingTarget92> I have a suggestion for Farmer when the time comes for suggestions.
[*]03[13:25] * [Mod]hilltim1 sets mode: +v Air_Restraint
[*]02[13:25] * mib_jae7o3 ([email protected]) Quit (Client Quit)
[*][13:25] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> I wouldn't mind a higher turn around time at the benefit of having less bugs on live.
[*][13:25] <@Kainzo> There will be a new server coming in the next few days
[*][13:25] <@Kainzo> It will act as a "test" server
[*][13:26] <@Kainzo> We will name it "visions" or something similar
[*][13:26] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Didnt BebopVox (Whatever his name is) play on HC back in Zeal/sanctum?
[*][13:26] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> EtKEnn & Thunder, some servers have books as "newspapers" in spawn to find updates ~ we could have a variety of ways, like vids or books (as well as it usually is on forums)
[*][13:26] <@Kainzo> you'll be able to test attribute builds out for your class and freely swap between them, but nothing will transfer from there and back
[*][13:26] <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: Will new Balance be able to get basic code edits done? I'm willing to actually edit it, just config files don't have everything Balance might need. For instance, extra effects on landing like fire or poison.
[*][13:26] <@Admin|Danda> I agree that Streamers & Youtubers should be looked into but I feel that if we're going to pay for it we should probably try to wait until we have more playable content in terms of both PvP & PvE so that we give a better impression of the server.
[*][13:26] <@Kainzo> OxNaomi: only if the edits 1) make sense 2) can get done, I think thats a good idea
[*][13:26] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I think throwing some money towards advertising would be a wise investment in the long run. That way we can increase the playerbase.
[*][13:27] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I have a friend who is friends with a YouTuber with a good amount of subscribers, I could get him to do a spotlight on Herocraft.
[*][13:27] <+[Architect]Devoted> Playerbase isn't all what we need, we need Retention of Players too
[*][13:27] <+t9-Xargun> I think adventure map is more important than the FFA map
[*][13:27] <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree ^ FFA=Ruins >.<
[*]03[13:28] * Jonsoon ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:28] <@greatman> 4:28:40 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Are all players able to get on the upcoming test server? Like last map?
[*][13:28] <@greatman> I think yes?
[*]03[13:28] * Admin|Xanipher sets mode: +o Jonsoon
[*]03[13:28] * mib_e8k41r ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:28] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Goodness, seems good
[*]02[13:28] * mib_e8k41r ([email protected]) Quit (Client Quit)
[*][13:28] <@Kainzo> BAbomba, as a herald you should get him to do it
[*][13:28] <+[Architect]Devoted> Test server is currently Whitelisted
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> We can offer Youtubers a title and max supporter tier
[*][13:29] <@greatman> but the one kainzo's been talking about
[*][13:29] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : Have you considered hiring build teams? If not will we have a revamp of architect too because I feel it's very lackluster?
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> if they have 2k+ subs
[*][13:29] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I'll see what I can do.
[*][13:29] <@greatman> it's like the old oneish?
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: lackluste rin what ways and xanipher might be able to drop some info on this
[*][13:29] <+[Proctor]irishman81> What Marius said ^^
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> FFA map is completed btw
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> its ready to be released.
[*]02[13:29] * Bohannan ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> We're shifting our priorities (based on community input) to Adventure
[*][13:29] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Kainzo, is 2,123,195 subscribers good for you?
[*][13:29] <@Kainzo> and PVP assistance
[*][13:29] <@Admin|Xanipher> revamp of the architect team?
[*][13:30] <@Kainzo> yes Babomba :P
[*][13:30] <@Admin|Xanipher> i hire individual architects for small fees if i need something done in game
[*][13:30] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> As in very chaotic for example for FFA we had one meeting...
[*][13:30] <@Admin|Xanipher> if its big, maybe 2-3
[*][13:30] <@Admin|Xanipher> architects can be slippery and difficult to get together with
[*][13:30] <+[Architect]Devoted> Architects are slippery I agree
[*][13:31] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Mhmm
[*][13:31] <+Air_Restraint> Well there be any recruiting for balance?
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> Weekly meetings for Architects
[*][13:31] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Yea
[*][13:31] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> We could at least have regular meetings brainstorming session when we're making the maps yes.
[*][13:31] <@greatman> the new Test server would be open to everybody?
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> All applications will be getting reviewed and a new post will be coming up
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> yes greatman
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> "Visions"
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> It'll be less test, more testing for players
[*][13:31] <@Kainzo> so wont go up and down like the old test
[*][13:32] <@Kainzo> we'll have Visions and then Test
[*][13:32] <@greatman> kk
[*][13:32] <@Kainzo> users just want an area they can go to actually test THEIR classes
[*][13:32] <@Kainzo> or new classes
[*][13:32] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Will there be PvP enabled?
[*][13:32] <@greatman> so devs test & the player's test
[*][13:32] <+t9-Xargun> what is "Visions" ?
[*][13:32] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Test sapped some PvP last map for sure
[*][13:32] <@greatman> T9|Witchy: The new test server
[*][13:32] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
[*][13:33] <+T7MovingTarget92> My suggestion for Farmer is to either increase a soul drop rate for harvesting wheat/carrots/potatoes etc. Or to increase exp gained by farmers as the only way farmers can really make souls is to max farmer to create chestshops.
[*][13:33] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> test last map was kind of like arenas back in Bastion
[*][13:33] <+T7|JenksLaw> I would worry about the "Visions" Idea.  Personally I love the idea in theory.  Go play with all my toys.  See what dragoon is like etc. etc.  However, it might be similar to playing a game on "God-Mode" you get everything right away and then you don't feel the need to grind anymore.
[*]01[13:33] <+T9|yeelowsnow> the end of haven was marked by players soley going on test to pvp for the fast paced no consequence pvp. Whats to stop that from happening with this new test shard?
[*][13:33] <+Air_Restraint> For Farmer, I'm not sure if this is already on the class. But can they make leather armor? If not, I think that would be good for them.
[*]03[13:33] * CoolBeans279 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:33] <+T7|JenksLaw> You play god mode long enough and people get tired
[*][13:34] <+t9-Xargun> no one wears leather
[*][13:34] <+Air_Restraint> Doesn't matter.
[*][13:34] <+[Herald]BaBomba> PvP could be disabled on Visions and just have mobs spawn in a certain area for people to test on
[*][13:34] <+T7MovingTarget92> Farmers should also be able to breakdown leather
[*][13:34] <+OxNaomi> PvP on old test was everywhere. If PvP was in quotes.
[*][13:35] <@greatman> 4:34:59 PM <ruger392> Will there be a team for lore writing and quest line writing?
[*][13:35] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Loot crate keys Kainzo ;)
[*][13:35] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Another idea would be to make it cost souls to play on Visions
[*][13:35] <+[Architect]Devoted> ^ [ Greatman ]
[*][13:35] <+T7MovingTarget92> Farmer suggestions kainzo :P
[*][13:36] <@Admin|Danda> Yes there will be greatman
[*][13:36] <+OxNaomi> T7|JenksLaw: Ideally, Live would have more than just the classes to attract players
[*][13:36] <+Oudaiesty> This is a nice idea. I like where profs might go.
[*][13:36] <+Air_Restraint> Kainzo: Maybe some leaked info about sammy? ;o
[*][13:36] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I think Farmers should be able to monopolize food better
[*]03[13:37] * XxSamdamanxX ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:37] <@Kainzo> Samurai is the next class being released
[*][13:37] <+T7MovingTarget92> yeah cause they need some better way to increase gains in souls XD
[*][13:37] <@Kainzo> Balance will discuss its skills with my creative direction
[*][13:37] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Can Smith craft leather armor?
[*][13:37] <+T7MovingTarget92> poor farmers
[*][13:37] <@Kainzo> all numbers/etc will be implemented by balance for samurai with a rough guideline by me
[*][13:37] <@Kainzo> The profession team on Balance will need to give farmers some TLC and rework it
[*][13:37] <+[Proctor]irishman81> How soon will we see the split of balance?
[*]02[13:38] * +T7|Trist95 ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout: 190 seconds)
[*][13:38] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> lol
[*][13:38] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Minigames? Eww
[*][13:38] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Minigames can work...
[*][13:38] <@greatman> minigames with Heroes in it
[*][13:38] <+T7|JenksLaw> Not all bad those minigames
[*]03[13:38] * Trist95 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]02[13:38] * PwnageDude10 ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:38] <@Admin|Xanipher> i will be looking into a decent KoTH plugin for the event server
[*][13:38] <@greatman> can get some crazy combination.
[*][13:38] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> A lot of players play minecraft mini games servers
[*][13:38] <+T7|JenksLaw> Remember Star wars and the space ship minigame? that was pretty awesome actually lol.
[*][13:38] <+[Architect]Devoted> Kainzo, what exactly is coming with the adventure Team? What is it and whom is on it
[*][13:39] <+OxNaomi> I want Heroes CTF, but anyway...
[*][13:39] <+[Architect]Devoted> kk >.<
[*][13:39] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question: Will the minigames be separate or integrated into the servers (ala conquest) ?
[*][13:39] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Shaman CTF
[*][13:39] <@Kainzo> The adventure team will be a "blanket" team that will have all facets of the adventure map
[*][13:39] <@Admin|Danda> I hope you mean SWG and not The Old Repiblic Jenks :P
[*][13:39] <@greatman> Easiest is seperated Architect|MariusAbyssal
[*][13:39] <@Kainzo> So scripters, mob creators, lore guys, etc
[*][13:39] <@Kainzo> will be all under Adventure as well as their respective teams
[*][13:39] <@Kainzo> The ultimately goal with Adventure is to overseer the production of hte Adventure map
[*][13:39] <@Kainzo> With the direction of admins/myself
[*][13:39] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I miss Battleground (If that's what it was called) from Bastion, where people fought FFA in an upside down castle
[*][13:39] <+Oudaiesty> There will be deeply custom mobs?
[*]02[13:39] * ruger392 ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> Custom mobs can have a few differences between vanilla mobs
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> we can skin a mob to look like me and be named greatman
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> and it can shout out insults and use custom skills
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> I'm reading up on IRC, sec
[*][13:40] <+Oudaiesty> I dig it.
[*][13:40] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Hero skills?
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> Not hero-skills directly no
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> scripters can create skills on the fly, basically
[*][13:40] <+[Architect]Devoted> Could we have those mobs spawn from players death? Like have a [Zombie Devotedworker] Spawn when I get killed by a zombie
[*][13:40] <+T9JakLng> how about some rent relief for personal regions..
[*][13:40] <@Admin|Danda> But we could make skill look like some of the heroes skills
[*][13:40] <@Kainzo> and mimic hero-skills
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> T9JakLng: what do you mean exactly?
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> ==== We're moving to the Q&A points at the moment =====
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> just if anyone missed that :)
[*][13:41] <+T9JakLng> as T9 i get 3 regions... I can't afford to keep up 1
[*][13:41] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Well I hope the minigames will be integrated into the current server instead of being separate but meh..
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> Devoted, thats actually possible
[*][13:41] <+[Architect]Devoted> :D
[*]03[13:41] * Admin|Danda sets mode: +v XxSamdamanxX
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> T9JakLng: are you referring to the rent every week?
[*][13:41] <@greatman> removing moderated Kainzo?
[*][13:41] <+T9JakLng> yes
[*][13:41] <@Kainzo> not yet greatman
[*][13:41] <@greatman> k
[*]02[13:41] * +XxSamdamanxX ([email protected]) Quit (Client Quit)
[*][13:42] <@Kainzo> Jak make a suggestion with how you think we should adjust it - and we'll look into it
[*][13:42] <+[Herald]BaBomba> A boss with Arcane Storm... hehe
[*][13:42] <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Maybe we will have both at some point..
[*][13:42] <@Kainzo> its important to get that right because if you cant afford it, then we're doing numbers wrong
[*][13:42] <+T9JakLng> TY
[*][13:42] <+t9-Xargun> personal region rent is cheap
[*]03[13:42] * Samdaman ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]02[13:42] * Samdaman ([email protected]) Quit (Client Quit)
[*][13:42] <@Kainzo> Marius - the goal is to have a fast-action pvp area to draw in players and provide some benefit to the main servers of herocraft
[*][13:42] <@greatman> Architect|MariusAbyssal: How would you see it? A random CTF area with walls to prevent people entering by example?
[*]03[13:42] * XxSamdamanxXT7 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]03[13:43] * Admin|Xanipher sets mode: +v XxSamdamanxXT7
[*][13:43] <@Kainzo> greatman: I see it as being on Central, portal/boat --- that when you win you get currency or some item that can be traded for something
[*][13:43] <+T9JakLng> I like to build and explore... I have to mine for hours just to pay on 1 25x25 region
[*]03[13:43] * Templar_james ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:43] <@greatman> Those minigames maps can potentially be modified by people too. So we need to be sure it doesn't lag the network
[*][13:43] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Test
[*][13:43] <@greatman> 4:43:30 PM <Jpenguin> Will we ever see a comeback on arenas?
[*][13:43] <@Kainzo> I want to implement PVP TNT exploding blocks ( but regen after one minute ) ----- how do you guys feel about this?
[*][13:43] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Yes
[*][13:43] <+[Architect]Devoted> Sounds good
[*][13:43] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Needs to happen kain
[*][13:43] <+[Architect]Devoted> Is it a mob?
[*][13:43] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Makes miners actually have
[*][13:43] <+[Herald]BaBomba> As long as it's a rule not to have obsidian walls in your town
[*][13:43] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Will it be enabled in spawn/personal regions?
[*][13:44] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> "realish" tnt
[*][13:44] <@Kainzo> Miners will be able to make Siege weapons (TNT cannons) that can destroy obsidian (and any block except LWC's)
[*][13:44] <+t9-Xargun> depends Kainzo.. who all can place it ?
[*][13:44] <+T7|JenksLaw> In addition to advertising staff positions on the forums an ingame bulletin board could be a good way to advertise said positions
[*][13:44] <@Admin|Danda> Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with the rent on Personal regions
[*][13:44] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Towns need to be raidable in some sort of way
[*][13:44] <@Admin|Danda> it's not very expensive
[*][13:44] <@greatman> 4:44:11 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Would tnt allow for town raids then?
[*][13:44] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I think this would help PvP activity a lot. Though could we restrict the crafting and not the placement?
[*][13:44] <+[Architect]Devoted> Can't Enginners make TNT too?
[*][13:44] <+Air_Restraint> Kainzo, is there any way that we could lose armor and what we are holding in pvp. But I guess keep them in pve. I just feel like we get less rewarded in pvp atm.
[*][13:44] <@Kainzo> yes, DJA
[*][13:44] <+t9-Xargun> give it to engineers to make the cannons. and miners the tnt
[*][13:44] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Eh, I hate pvp being reliant on a crafter class
[*][13:44] <@Kainzo> Yes, Air_Restraint  its possible to toggle the plugin to and fro
[*][13:44] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Only 60 Miners can place TNT though.
[*][13:44] <+[Herald]BaBomba> you most likely won't need 3 huge PRs or even 2
[*]01[13:44] <+T9|yeelowsnow> make sure that shit is fully tested
[*][13:44] <@Kainzo> However, with the closeness of custom items, armor and weapons will become much more rare and sought after
[*][13:44] <@Kainzo> so you wont see players wielding them o rusing them if they can lose them =/
[*][13:45] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
[*][13:45] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I think just armor should drop
[*][13:45] <+Air_Restraint> But atleast they would be risking them then. Then also you wouldn't have people disarming people when they die to lose the weapon
[*][13:45] <@Kainzo> Arenas --- I'd love for them to come back in a certain capacity, the developer of them kind of stopped updating and there were massive bugs
[*][13:45] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Uhm, if it's possible to restrict who can place TNT. Is it possible to restrict who can place seeds/vegetables and harvest?
[*][13:45] <+[Herald]BaBomba> so people can't go hardcore GY running until they kill everyone
[*][13:45] <@Kainzo> An arena server attached to Central could be nice though
[*][13:45] <+[Architect]Devoted> Oooh
[*][13:45] <@Jonsoon> Why do you say that, malik?
[*][13:45] <@Kainzo> EtkEnn - it should be possible, the events should be the same
[*][13:45] <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree with Etkenn that might make Farmers more needed
[*][13:46] <+[Herald]BaBomba> the arena that's already there is pretty useful
[*][13:46] <+Wiki|malikdanab> What if you don't have a miner on, can't use tnt then.
[*][13:46] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I think it would be good to restrict farming to farmers, though it won't truly help this far into the map
[*][13:46] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Anything said about party limits?
[*][13:46] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I think a lot of people want "instant PvP" where they can sit in their house and fight people
[*][13:47] <@Jonsoon> Then get a miner Wiki|malikdanab. Creates variety and dependencies
[*][13:47] <+[Architect]Devoted> Kainzo will this Regenerating TNT, could it be a rare drop to make Raids more sparatic?
[*][13:47] <+[Architect]Devoted> Or A custom item
[*][13:47] <@Kainzo> hrm....
[*]03[13:47] * Andrew2060 ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:47] <@Kainzo> The actual item would be any TNT explosion
[*][13:48] <+Air_Restraint> I really disagree with Residences atm. They are cheaper then spawn plots and can be bigger. They can't be raided at all. Plus the fact I think the rent for them are broken at the moment.
[*][13:48] <+[Architect]Devoted> Because with just TNT someone could destroy Regions completly
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> PVP is a conflicted server.
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> PVE isn't
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> so the player should choose which they want to actively be on
[*][13:48] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Now that we have PvE, I dont think we should hold back on PvP. Let PvP be more hardcore
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> Right
[*][13:48] <+[Herald]BaBomba> The blocks would regen probably, devoted
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> That's the goal and that's what we're trying to do for the PVPers
[*][13:48] <@Kainzo> I want everyone happy
[*][13:49] <+[Architect]Devoted> Ik but someone could access chests in Region with TNT
[*][13:49] <@Kainzo> PVE isnt going away - its something that will be for those who want survival vanilla gameplay with Heroes
[*][13:49] <+[Architect]Devoted> Making em essentialy pointless
[*][13:49] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I don't think chests should be able to be blown up by TNT, just the blocks surrounding them
[*][13:49] <@Kainzo> PVP is survival vanilla gameplay with PVP with Heroes
[*][13:49] <+[Architect]Devoted> Ik
[*][13:49] <+[Architect]Devoted> Making em openable
[*][13:49] <+OxNaomi> Kain keeps saying dirt over chests != protection
[*][13:49] <+T9JakLng> Danda, a single T9 region cost 4,056 to create. and 101 a week in rent.
[*][13:49] <@Kainzo> and then RPG is a non-survival system with Heroes and minor PVP in certain areas
[*][13:49] <@Admin|Xanipher> PvE <3
[*][13:49] <+t9-Xargun> if tnt can blow holes in towns - they should be able to blow holes in personal regions as well.. only spawn plots should be immune
[*][13:49] <+OxNaomi> So long as blowing up a chest block doesn't lose contents (including on restart) it should be fine
[*][13:49] <+Air_Restraint> The one thing I dislike is this is suppost to be a hardcore server. But you keep your armor and whatever your holding on death :\
[*][13:49] <@Kainzo> Correct t9-Xargun
[*][13:49] <+[Herald]BaBomba> 101 isn't baed
[*][13:49] <+[Herald]BaBomba> bad*
[*][13:49] <+t9-Xargun> rent is 14 days for personal regions - unless they changed it since last map
[*][13:49] <@Kainzo> Air_Restraint: hardcore = you die and get banned on death
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
[*][13:50] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Kainzo two weeks ago you said balance team rework effective immediately, and that a balance patch would likely come out this/last week. What is the progress on the two?
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Pretty sure they dropped the Hardcore title
[*][13:50] <@Admin|Danda> Babomba when chests are blown up they wouldn't spew their contents everywhere they're just disappear and replace complete with full items
[*][13:50] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Air, thats based on the future where your armor will cost thousands of souls.
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The term hardcore in Minecraft means that  your game is deleted, or in Multiplayer that you get banned
[*][13:50] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Because custom items
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I see
[*][13:50] <@Kainzo> I think a chance to drop the items on death would be a suitable solution but that requires more coding and debate
[*][13:50] <+T9JakLng> thats 303 a week for the 3 regions your allowed
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Kain, Is it supposed to be were you cant open chests in a personal region on Pvp?
[*]03[13:50] * Jonsoon is now known as Mod|Jonsoon
[*][13:50] <@Kainzo> XxSamdamanxXT7: The repos have been created, applications are being reviewed, I had to move towns and it came at a bad time
[*][13:50] <@Admin|Danda> Max size regions are 200 ish Jak
[*][13:50] <@greatman> 4:47:04 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Whats the possibility of tier 2 classes in the future? Like a tier 2 paladin. Tier 2 wizard. Etc.
[*][13:50] <@Admin|Danda> 202.8
[*][13:50] <@Admin|Danda> just did the math
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> I wasnt sure if it was a mistake or not
[*][13:50] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> It wasnt always like this, but when mojang implemented Hardcore difficulty the word Hardcore got a standard
[*][13:50] <@Kainzo> Either case, the forums have been reworked and will be made public viewable tonight
[*][13:51] <+[Herald]BaBomba> You'd have to farm dirt an awful lot to need 3 x by x by x regions to store your stuff
[*][13:51] <+[Proctor]irishman81> but T9JakLng, who needs 3 t9 personal regions
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> DJAlphaWolf: I actually think this is an amazing idea
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> but it has to be done in a way that doesnt KILL balance
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> I can see a T1 class = Paladin, T2 = Crusader
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> and the T2 would gain 1hp more per level
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> or something similar but keep the same skill setup
[*][13:51] <@Kainzo> That would be doable.
[*][13:51] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I can do just fine with 1 T5 plot
[*][13:51] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Like prestiges?
[*][13:51] <+T9JakLng> they're offered... i had 1 and couldn't keep the rent up and lost it
[*][13:51] <+[Proctor]irishman81> My t7 plot has 2 floors that are unused lol
[*][13:52] <@Kainzo> Sorta, I want T2 but if we have to offer extremely different classes, it will be too time consuming for balance
[*][13:52] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Yea Kainzo I saw a couple of your statuses, hopefully the guy who broke his neck can make a recovery.
[*]03[13:52] * greatman sets mode: -m
[*][13:52] <@greatman> Everybody can speak now. Please keep it civilized ;)
[*][13:52] <DJAlphaWolf> Let the spam commence
[*][13:52] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Kain, Is it supposed to be were you cant open chests in a personal region on Pvp?
[*][13:52] <+[Herald]BaBomba> >.<
[*][13:52] <Conscience> how come server traffic is down so much the last week?
[*][13:52] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> As of now you cannot
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> The use-flag for residence was broken/misset - PVP will have the use-flag enabled for all players
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> PVE will not
[*][13:53] <+[Herald]BaBomba> That's good
[*][13:53] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Great
[*][13:53] <+[Architect]Devoted> Adventure team? What exactly will it do? Who is on it? What is the application proccess
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> We will give 3-7 days for players to prortect their valuables before enabling.
[*][13:53] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sweet
[*][13:53] <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Going to hop on my plane now, best of luck to everyone
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> We moved from Residence 2.0 to Residence 3.0 - we are the "first" server to use the plugin and a lot of things werent working
[*][13:53] <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: People can just take stuff from PvP to PvE for safe storage, with more of it to boot
[*][13:53] <Delfofthebla> So you're re-enabling the ability open chests in regions?
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> later XxSamdamanxXT7
[*][13:53] <Templar_james> Chest flags need to be taken out for residents either that or get rid of lwc because lwc are useless now
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> Delfofthebla:  If not locked or shit-bricked
[*][13:53] <Delfofthebla> gotcha
[*]02[13:53] * +XxSamdamanxXT7 ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:53] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: ^ read above please
[*][13:53] <Delfofthebla> well that's good.
[*][13:54] <Templar_james> did sorry
[*][13:54] <+T7|JenksLaw> So did TNT pass inspection completely?
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> Residence flag wasnt working and I think t00th can fix it soon, PVE wont have it enabled, though
[*]02[13:54] * +T9JakLng ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> TNT regen works on the test server
[*][13:54] <+T7|JenksLaw> kk
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> I want to have a more public test
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> so we may get a TNT test server up for players to break connected to central
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> for a few days before releasing it to PVP
[*][13:54] <@Kainzo> We want conflict gameplay
[*][13:55] <+T7|JenksLaw> Yuppers understood
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> You talking about that TNT plugin?
[*][13:55] <+[Architect]Devoted> But then all the new things get spoiled if Test is public >><
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> CreeperHeal, Delfofthebla
[*][13:55] <DJAlphaWolf> I believe season 3 will cover balancing classes. When can we expect the major rebalancing?
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> Yea.
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> its been updated, havent seen any issues with it
[*][13:55] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> That'd make for a good stress test.
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> When I tested it in beta it had no compatibility with worldguard
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> that still the case?
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> It does now
[*][13:55] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Is the IRC public yet? Seems too quiet to be >:o
[*][13:55] <Templar_james> How are you planning on getting people to actually play pvp, because as of right now 90% of whats left of the server is purely playing pve
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> k
[*][13:55] <Delfofthebla> Other than that I never saw any issues
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> The goal of Herocraft is to support all styles of gameplay
[*][13:55] <DJAlphaWolf> It is ultimate
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> including gankers, campers and those who just want to build
[*][13:55] <@greatman> It is SProc|UltimateOptics
[*][13:55] <@greatman> heh
[*][13:55] <@greatman> You can all speak btw people not voiced
[*][13:55] <@Kainzo> in the past, PVP has been somewhat limited due to having players who didnt want any involvement
[*][13:56] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I usually see PvE and PvP server close to 50/50 James.
[*][13:56] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Its too quiet :( Wheres the party at haha
[*][13:56] <@Kainzo> and now its not the case anymore, if you go into PVP you should know you are at risk
[*][13:56] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Templar, I've been seeing more people get into pvp in the last day or two and a 5v5 will happen (on forums)
[*][13:56] <+[Architect]Devoted> Adventure team? What exactly will it do? Who is on it? What is the application proccess Kainzo?
[*][13:56] <Templar_james> the problem is though is that adding pve as split the community everubody used to play together but now its apart
[*][13:56] <@Admin|Xanipher> hc.to/tournament ;)
[*][13:56] <@Kainzo> If you are on a team helping develop features for Adventure - you will auto be in "adventure team"
[*][13:56] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Will events/tournaments be more frequent/scheduled?
[*][13:56] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> +1 Xani
[*][13:56] <+Air_Restraint> What's the main purpose to Proctor now by the way? I was thinking about reapplying for the staff position, but they seem kinda useless now, with little purpose. I could be wrong, Not sure what they all do now.
[*][13:56] <@Kainzo> its a team that will have a different forum (probably private) to see how the systems integrate together
[*][13:56] <@Admin|Xanipher> yes etkenn
[*][13:56] <@Kainzo> and the adventure team will have first pass into the Adventure server
[*][13:56] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Woo
[*][13:57] <@Admin|Xanipher> i got my world back, events will commence
[*][13:57] <DJAlphaWolf> Sometimes i feel like pvpers just get mad at all the people on pve because there are less noobs for them to kill now.
[*][13:57] <+[Herald]BaBomba> PvE is for the people that don't want to get ganked all day as they build things
[*][13:57] <+[Architect]Devoted> Who will be on it? Architects Coders Questmakers?
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: There are two ways of seeing that.... I believe those on PVE are there because they want nothing to do with PVP
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> so those players would have quit the server
[*][13:57] <LovelyArmor> My concern is a lot of people love the server but don't want to have to deal with PVP because some people take "raiding" to far and ends up leading to harassment.
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> Mistyckle is probably one of them
[*][13:57] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Removing PvE wouldn't really make more PvP, just make more ganking and people that hide in towns
[*][13:57] <@Admin|Xanipher> <-- classic hatred of PvP
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> if she was camped to death on PVP - she would have just quit, imo
[*][13:57] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> Now that people have the option to choose, I believe more people will come to the server to play, AND stay. Which means they will likely eventually dabble in PvP.
[*][13:57] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Yep
[*]02[13:57] * Oryinn ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][13:57] <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree Kainzo
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> We want to support both styles of gameplay
[*][13:57] <+[Architect]Devoted> PVE has its own way of working
[*][13:57] <@Kainzo> Yes, I can agree we need more meat for out meat grinder in PVP
[*][13:57] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Air_Restraint - In the meeting Kainzo said about Proctor possibly becoming a staff application sorter. He did agree that Proctor needed a rework though
[*][13:57] <Templar_james> back in the last 2 maps those that didn't want to pvp didn't pvp anyway they built impressive towns to keep pvper's out
[*][13:57] <Conscience> your concern no longer applies since all the pvpers quit
[*][13:58] <@Kainzo> and I am open to take suggestions on the matter to do that Templar
[*][13:58] <+[Architect]Devoted> Getting rid of it is like Genocide of the PVE players >.<
[*]03[13:58] * mib_6ycggk ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:58] <LovelyArmor> So PVE is really good for avoiding that
[*][13:58] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Some of us just want to build, have peace.
[*][13:58] <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
[*][13:58] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: but they were still actively harassed and eventually quit or became jaded bout it
[*][13:58] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Yeah, where would we PvE players go if PvE was sacrificed ;-;
[*][13:58] <+Air_Restraint> That's good. I might reapply then soon.
[*][13:58] <+[Herald]BaBomba> How many times do you think they got ganked and nearly gave up though?
[*][13:58] <mib_6ycggk> To a server for pussies
[*][13:58] <Jpenguin> Now, what I don't understand is why people don't just go to a creative/survival surver
[*]03[13:58] * mib_6ycggk was kicked by Kainzo (mib_6ycggk)
[*][13:58] <@Admin|Xanipher> hahahha
[*][13:58] <Jpenguin> if they want to build
[*][13:58] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> xD
[*][13:58] <@Kainzo> I know we lost several good players due to forced PVP
[*][13:58] <+[Architect]Devoted> T_T I totaly expected that
[*][13:58] <@Kainzo> TxLibra <<< is one of them
[*]03[13:58] * Oryinn ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][13:59] <@Admin|Xanipher> minecraft didnt even have pvp in the beginning, thats the minecraft i liked
[*][13:59] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> People like the satisfaction of gathering their own materials.
[*][13:59] <@Kainzo> Jpenguin: we are a survival server
[*][13:59] <LovelyArmor> I ended up taking a break from herocraft due to constant harassment and raiding, it was impossible to do anything to level
[*][13:59] <@Kainzo> PVE is survival with Heroes - no pvp
[*][13:59] <@Admin|Xanipher> alpha userrrr
[*][13:59] <@Kainzo> PVP is survival with Heroes - pvp
[*][13:59] <@Kainzo> get it? :P
[*][13:59] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Get back to PvE then xani ;)
[*][13:59] <Templar_james> Alls im saying is before I played on this server I played on another popular server and the owner of that server did what your doing now, accommodating all play styles and you know what happened? his server collapsed
[*][13:59] <@Admin|Xanipher> my alt is on pve!
[*][13:59] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> Yeah, and every mob had the sheep sound :)
[*][13:59] <Templar_james> I don't what to see that again
[*][13:59] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: I'm not like any other server owner
[*][13:59] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Xani has an alt? :o
[*][13:59] <Templar_james> kind of are
[*][13:59] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Etk - Nearly all admins have alts xd
[*][13:59] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Well
[*][13:59] <@Admin|Danda> As is my Alt lol
[*][13:59] <+[Architect]Devoted> Yah Admins have alts
[*][14:00] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Daaamn
[*][14:00] <+Wiki|malikdanab> This one example isn't a rule
[*][14:00] <joeyjojo60> I want to do things to help the server
[*][14:00] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Someone started a joke that koen was actually Kainzo getting his revenge on the community
[*][14:00] <@Kainzo> Are there any more questions / feedback ? want to discuss everything people have to bring up
[*][14:00] <@Admin|Xanipher> even most mmos have pve servers
[*][14:00] <@Admin|Xanipher> they're doing just fine
[*][14:00] <DJAlphaWolf> People fail to understand that the heroes plugin doesnt simply represent pvp capabilities. People get so butthurt when there are less noobs for them to kill.
[*][14:00] <+OxNaomi> This IS my alt. My main just isn't used on HC =P
[*][14:00] <Delfofthebla> Xanipher: Most MMO's have more than 100-150 players during prime time
[*][14:00] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Agree, DJ
[*][14:01] <Delfofthebla> The problem with PVE and PvP servers being split
[*][14:01] <Conscience> wouldnt be surprised, theyre both pretty autistic
[*][14:01] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I'll have to look through the dialogue, have had ideas along the way, but need to organize it in my head
[*]02[14:01] * Conscience ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][14:01] <Delfofthebla> is that Herocraft does nto currently have a large enough playerbase to support that
[*][14:01] <+[Architect]Devoted> We have 100 players total
[*][14:01] <+[Architect]Devoted> So its fine :3
[*][14:01] <Templar_james> Oh in pvp weapns are armour should drop when you die
[*][14:01] <+Air_Restraint> Dj. You are right in a way. But if we don't have dungeons and that sort yet. Hero's is basically meant for pvp.
[*][14:01] <@Admin|Xanipher> lol
[*][14:01] <Delfofthebla> 100 is nothing for an "mmo"
[*][14:01] <@Kainzo> I believe we do and with proper recruiting and advertising - it'll get better
[*][14:01] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Now that PvE has been implemented, removing it would do more harm than good
[*][14:01] <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
[*][14:01] <@Kainzo> We wont be removing PVE
[*][14:01] <@Kainzo> So not even discussing that
[*][14:01] <+Wiki|malikdanab> But what happens when I lose my 500s Crystal Katana?
[*][14:01] <@Kainzo> you rage-quit malik?
[*][14:01] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> How many players at one time could we feasibly handle?
[*][14:01] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Why would I bring any custom item if I will just lose it
[*][14:02] <@Admin|Xanipher> the question wasnt about amount of people it was if pve has a place in games
[*][14:02] <@Admin|Xanipher> and it does
[*][14:02] <+OxNaomi> If you lost "all" the PvP by adding PvE, removing it would just kill the server entirely.
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> We can handle 500-700 on this one machine
[*][14:02] <@Admin|Xanipher> pve isnt for 'pussies'
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> maybe more if its done right
[*][14:02] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Buy another malik ;)
[*][14:02] <@Admin|Xanipher> its just a different play style
[*][14:02] <+Air_Restraint> Well malik, There should be risk to pvp.
[*][14:02] <+[Herald]BaBomba> keeping held items is fine IMO, just armor needs to drop
[*][14:02] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Yes
[*][14:02] <+Wiki|malikdanab> But in an mmo
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> Also for those interested - the boss mobs will be debuted on PVE first for adventure
[*][14:02] <Andrew2060> that and I personally find pve more relaxing to play since in general there's less trolling involved
[*][14:02] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Do you lose all gear when you die...
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> randomly spawning with rare loot, etc
[*][14:02] <Andrew2060> just saying.
[*][14:02] <Jpenguin> IMO, there should be a perk for leveling on PVP with the increased risk of getting ganked
[*][14:02] <Templar_james> Right now fighting somebody in pvp is stupid pvp should yield a reward it shouldn't be a case of no risk no reward
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> Jpenguin: I think thats a neat idea
[*]03[14:02] * DJAlphaWolf ([email protected]) has left #Herocraft (Quit)
[*]03[14:02] * DJAlphaWolf ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][14:02] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: you can drop your inventory items
[*][14:02] <+OxNaomi> The issue I see is weapon durability and repairs. You lose 10% weapon dura on death, but the only cost to repair is to pray to RNGsus. Not very interesting.
[*][14:03] <+[Herald]BaBomba> classes like Dragoon that have no reagents and a quickly regenerating resource bar can jump back in after dying infinitely
[*][14:03] <@Kainzo> OxNaomi: better system is needed i agree
[*][14:03] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I believe the best idea for now would be advertising the server more. Now that people can opt out of PvP we can build a much larger playerbase, and retain them.
[*][14:03] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Making PvP more rewarding is the way to go imo, not punishing PvE players in the form of lesser exp gains etc.
[*][14:03] <+SProc|UltimateOptics> I should start shipping out jaffa cakes to Proctors that are active and doing their job ;)
[*][14:03] <+OxNaomi> [Herald]BaBomba: Hence 10% loss on death
[*][14:03] <Templar_james> inv items most of the time go in deathchests and besided inv items are always crap
[*][14:03] <@Kainzo> rewarding PVP is important but what are some options?
[*]03[14:03] * gtastuntdude ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*][14:03] <+[Architect]Devoted> Err
[*][14:03] <DJAlphaWolf> Getting on pvp now. I view it as one big map for trolls and idiots. Every time i go to pvp spawn, shout chat is bombarded by idiocy and name calling. The embodiment of pvp.
[*][14:03] <Jpenguin> more exp, increased legendary drops,
[*][14:03] <@Kainzo> should LWC on death chests in PVP be disabled?
[*][14:03] <Jpenguin> yes
[*][14:03] <LovelyArmor> Too bad it would be a difficult code to set specific players to register under PVE and PVP, so if a PVP tries to raid in PVE they can still get killed by players but if you are PVE and go to PVP you still can get killed.
[*][14:03] <Templar_james> people want to get the god weapon that somebody risked when they attacked you with it
[*][14:04] <+[Herald]BaBomba> That's still 10 graveyard runs, Naomi
[*][14:04] <Oryinn> DAE think PvE players are more intelligent?
[*][14:04] <LovelyArmor> as well, so it's a free pass for PVE players who want to raid in PVP.
[*][14:04] <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: If LWC is removed, drop the lost 10% item in the Tombstone?
[*][14:04] <@Kainzo> Templar_james: dropping items is a config change away... but I think we need more backing on the PVP server to have mainhand/armor drop
[*][14:04] <+Air_Restraint> Maybe a lower timer Kainzo. But I think armor should atleast be dropped. And maybe a chance to drop your weapon.
[*][14:04] <+OxNaomi> And give Smith a way to merge it back up to 100% if collected?
[*][14:04] <Jpenguin> i think weapons should be dropped instead of armor, because of the gladiator/legendary drops
[*][14:04] <CoolBeans279> but
[*][14:05] <CoolBeans279> that will make them cheap
[*][14:05] <@Kainzo> See, even within pvpers dont agree - so we need to have more discussion on the forums about wep/armor drops
[*][14:05] <CoolBeans279> super cheap, to the point of lowing the price for medals/gladiator weapons/any good weapons
[*][14:05] <+[Herald]BaBomba> people would run so much more then
[*][14:05] <+[Herald]BaBomba> They don't want to lose their stuff they worked for
[*][14:05] <CoolBeans279> I think armor should drop
[*][14:05] <Templar_james> the argument against it is that people don't want to lose their expensive weapon but isn't that the point if you use souls to gain an advnatge by buying a god weapn you should also have to deal with the chance of it being lost
[*][14:05] <CoolBeans279> so you get something decent
[*][14:05] <+OxNaomi> Coolbeans, there's no difference between that and them dropping entirely
[*][14:05] <@Kainzo> Will people want to bring in their amazing items only to be ganked, is the quesiton
[*][14:05] <@Mod|Thunderjolt> The reason that was changed was because after death, caster classes were near 100% power even after death. While heavily armored classes lost most of their effectiveness.
[*][14:05] <+[Architect]Devoted> I think there should be a chance of Armor or wepons dropping
[*][14:05] <+Air_Restraint> Everyone is agreeing on armor drop atleast.
[*][14:05] <+OxNaomi> It's not like 10% magically becomes 100%,you'd need 10 10% items
[*][14:05] <DJAlphaWolf> LWC on deathchests on pvp get camped anyways. How often do people actually save their chests?
[*][14:05] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> @LovelyArmor  That just sounds like a horrible idea.
[*][14:05] <+[Architect]Devoted> Like 1/25
[*][14:05] <CoolBeans279> we have so many weapons that cost SO much it would be a bad idea to drop weapon
[*]03[14:05] * mib_mxwzsp ([email protected]) has joined #Herocraft
[*]02[14:05] * +[Architect]Devoted ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][14:05] <+Wiki|malikdanab> No
[*][14:05] <@Kainzo> DJAlphaWolf: good question, probably best to yank the LWC
[*][14:06] <Templar_james> that's there choice they risk it for the biscuit
[*][14:06] <@Kainzo> but it could "add" to more PVP if they come back and think they can get it
[*][14:06] <+T7|JenksLaw> Would it be possible to let people adopt a PVP tag in a single world where PVE and PVP lived?  For example, at level 1 you decide to be in the PVP clan or PVE clan.  Only PVP players can actually hit other PVP players.  That way we all live in the same map.
[*][14:06] <CoolBeans279> yank the lwc
[*][14:06] <+Wiki|malikdanab> The reason why I don't like armor/weapon drop is for the future
[*][14:06] <CoolBeans279> and armor would be nice
[*][14:06] <CoolBeans279> would cause people to not gy run so much
[*][14:06] <@[Mod]hilltim1> LWC Deathchests give you the chance to rally your allies.
[*][14:06] <Templar_james> think of it this way why pvp if these is nothing to gain from it?
[*][14:06] <CoolBeans279> weapons dropping would cause people to not pvp as much
[*][14:06] <+Wiki|malikdanab> Custom items will be worth to much to risk
[*][14:06] <@greatman> T7|JenksLaw: The bad part would be you go attempt to kill someone and go "Doh, he's pve flagged"
[*][14:06] <CoolBeans279> because of these OP weapons that cost so much
[*][14:06] <@Kainzo> brb rr
[*][14:06] <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> I dont agree with the idea of you're set PvP for life or your set PvE for life
[*][14:06] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Templar: reverse logic, why pvp if you risk your custom weps/armor?
[*][14:07] <Adrastos> My biggest question about Yanking the LWC would be that Raiding would become so commonplace in PVE simply because no one could fight back
[*][14:07] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Would create lots of invuln trolls like the level 10 PvP thg
[*][14:07] <+[Herald]BaBomba> thing*
[*][14:07] <+OxNaomi> Items currently lose 10% dura on death. Instead of having it disappear, drop that 10% as a new item. That way raiders can get your gear to an extant and you still keep it.
[*][14:07] <+Wiki|malikdanab> That could work
[*][14:07] <+T7|JenksLaw> Could be fixed with a /who all pvp search
[*][14:07] <Templar_james> lwc death chest don't rally shit they give time for that hugely annoying pvper with his god disk or whatever to run back from the graveyard full armored and armed to kill you again
[*][14:07] <+T7|JenksLaw> You could know ahead of time who to track
[*][14:07] <LovelyArmor> Pay to change to switch between PVE and PVP but levels and such get lowers or wiped until you pay a fee of souls. If you want to keep your Levels and classes purchase that transfer in the Store
[*][14:07] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> If safeguards are taken from PVE, there would be a decline in players there.
[*][14:07] <+OxNaomi> Only issue is items that lack dura at all, like records
[*][14:07] <+[Herald]BaBomba> people could abuse that
[*][14:08] <DJAlphaWolf> You can rally allies with the lwc deathchest, sure. But otherwise, you're just a naked person running back for ur items and getting ganked over and over until the chest is looted
[*][14:08] <+[Herald]BaBomba> just make 30 10% weapons and never give a crap about losing them
[*][14:08] <Templar_james> problem is though DJ is that person isn't naked he keeps his armor and weapon on death
[*][14:09] <+T7|JenksLaw> Also, is it possible to Limit TNT use to PVP residents?  I could see PVE towns coming to PVP to snag items and take them to the PVE side..I wouldn't mind losing my items so much if I knew I had a chance at winning them back
[*][14:09] <+OxNaomi> Bab, bad idea. You drop any that's not in your hand and if it's at 10% it would break on death
[*][14:09] <DJAlphaWolf> If he wasnt dumb enough to switch his held item before death then yes templar
[*][14:09] <+T7|JenksLaw> If they are completely removed from the economy that is kind of a bummer
[*]03[14:09] * Admin|Xanipher sets mode: +o gtastuntdude
[*]03[14:09] * gtastuntdude is now known as Mod|gtastuntdude
[*][14:09] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Jenks, true PVE'rs that do not already go to both worlds do not think like that.
[*][14:10] <+[Herald]BaBomba> So you could get a full weapon, die 10 times with it, and then you'd have 10 of those weapons
[*][14:10] <+[Herald]BaBomba> if someone abused it
[*][14:10] <+[Herald]BaBomba> 10% is usually more than you'd need during a single fight
[*][14:10] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Looking at the TS channel, there are litteraly no non-anglo players in there xD
[*]02[14:10] * Ary ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][14:10] <Templar_james> and the 10% dmg thing on death is bs too. Do god disks, iron doors and blaze rods get 10% dmg on death? I think not
[*][14:10] <+OxNaomi> But it'd break on death
[*][14:10] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I never go raid or do anything over there but meet for a trade. x} and even limit that if I can.
[*][14:10] <+OxNaomi> That's the issue of those items not having duravility
[*][14:10] <Templar_james> then the system doesn't work if they don't get dmg
[*][14:11] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I just think weapons should stay and armor shouldn't
[*][14:11] <Delfofthebla> Nothing should stay imo
[*][14:11] <Delfofthebla> but i'm crazy
[*][14:11] <Templar_james> exactly delf
[*][14:11] <Adrastos> I agree with BaBomba
[*][14:11] <DJAlphaWolf> Harcore mode=nothing stays
[*][14:11] <+[Herald]BaBomba> It was a lot different when people didn't carry super expensive weapons on them when they PvP
[*][14:11] <Delfofthebla> The problem that I've had since Haven is that there is barely any danger on HC anymore
[*][14:11] <Templar_james> people don't want the armor people want a reward for pvping and the only valuable reward would be the weapon
[*][14:11] <+[Herald]BaBomba> But I guess it's risk vs reward
[*][14:11] <Delfofthebla> You don't lose anything, you're always safe
[*][14:12] <+OxNaomi> Could just have it not keep... on pvp
[*][14:12] <Delfofthebla> and there is no risk of losing your stuff
[*][14:12] <Delfofthebla> Whether you are mining or levelling, you can always do it in a safe location
[*][14:12] <Delfofthebla> with no worries
[*][14:12] <Delfofthebla> It's really really boring
[*][14:12] <+OxNaomi> Then if you're in the safe world and die, you can go to your tombstone. PvP you're at risk all day
[*][14:12] <+[Herald]BaBomba> making armor drop wouldn't really reward people, but make it impossible to GY run without getting killed almost instantly
[*][14:13] <Templar_james> that's the point risk is excitement it keeps thing interesting whlist being safe all the time is boring you might as well be playing singleplayer
[*][14:13] <DJAlphaWolf> Everyone has different interests
[*][14:13] <DJAlphaWolf> Not everyone wants to take a risk
[*][14:13] <CoolBeans279> oh god merchant with 2 recalls/marks
[*][14:13] <CoolBeans279> will be used for pvp
[*][14:13] <DJAlphaWolf> But thats besides the point
[*][14:13] <Delfofthebla> That's the issue though DJAlphaWolf
[*][14:14] <Delfofthebla> From the moment I joined HC
[*][14:14] <Delfofthebla> it's been about that risk
[*][14:14] <Delfofthebla> And suddenly it was taken away
[*][14:14] <@Kainzo> I think we can further discuss the armor/main hand drop on PVP
[*][14:14] <+OxNaomi> Just remove that plugin on PvP so PvE is safer even more
[*][14:14] <@Kainzo> its something that came out when PVP was the only choice
[*][14:14] <Templar_james> People should be forced to take a risk it worked in the past. These issues have only cropt up since pve was added
[*][14:14] <+OxNaomi> PvE is safe already, you won't be PvP'd, so keep it. PvP needs risk and a difference, so make it riskier. Drop equipment in death on PvP
[*][14:15] <+[Herald]BaBomba> I wouldn't mind that, I've never used a rare item anyways
[*][14:15] <Delfofthebla> I'd agree with that
[*][14:15] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Too afraid to damage it
[*][14:15] <DJAlphaWolf> Lol with havens set up, i was forcing myself to remain on haven and take risks to mine all day
[*][14:15] <DJAlphaWolf> No one ever went on shrine.
[*][14:15] <+OxNaomi> Amplified too strong
[*][14:16] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Part of the reason was because it was amplified terrain
[*][14:16] <Templar_james> making everything risk free in pve is a problem in itself if these is no risk in pve everybody will build there towns and home in pve then switch to pvp to pvp that shouldn't be how it is
[*][14:16] <+[Herald]BaBomba> No one wanted to navigate it, the Nether was honestly faster to get around in
[*][14:16] <DJAlphaWolf> Templar. Some people still die to lava and mobs. So theres that risk.
[*][14:17] <DJAlphaWolf> Its not entirely risk free
[*][14:17] <Templar_james> And why is there a pve nether? that's ridiculous the nether should be a dangerous place. Not daisy land
[*][14:17] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Mobs are stronger on PvE aren't they?
[*][14:17] <+[Herald]BaBomba> The people who main PvE need a nether too
[*][14:17] <+OxNaomi> Templar_james: PvP should be there for people who want the risk of PvP, and the systems should be designed to allow that. Towns in one and in the other should have different reasons for existing
[*][14:17] <+[Herald]BaBomba> to get supplies for building and stuff
[*]02[14:17] * +t9-Xargun ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][14:18] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Yep, and avoiding ghasts and gigantic lava lakes is hard enough sometimes. Some of us don't want the crazy adrenaline rush some of you want. We MC to chill.
[*][14:18] <@Admin|Xanipher> no ones forcing people to play on pve
[*][14:18] <@Admin|Xanipher> when i play on my alt, i dont want to deal with other users at all
[*][14:18] <@Kainzo> im glad that we're having these discussions
[*][14:18] <@Kainzo> I think its important to talk about things
[*][14:18] <DJAlphaWolf> Look. Pve is a world where we dont have to worry about jerks screwing everything up for us, allowing us to build nice looking towns and testing out the heroes plugin on mobs.
[*][14:19] <+OxNaomi> Restricting, say, towns to just PvP? Bad idea. Giving towns more of a PvP reason to exist in PvP rather than in PvE? Do that.
[*][14:19] <+T7|JenksLaw> I like that farmer 'summon egg' idea on ts
[*][14:19] <@Kainzo> We all love this server and I think we want to make it survive and work
[*][14:19] <Templar_james> I'll leave it at this Keep adding safety nets to your server and the server will get stale and die Herocraft used to be fun but recently its starting to feel like a creative server
[*][14:19] <+[Herald]BaBomba> Xani, I'm going to find who your alt is eventually
[*]02[14:19] * Templar_james ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*]02[14:19] * holyrollerss ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[*][14:19] <@Admin|Xanipher> doomsayers haha
[*][14:19] <DJAlphaWolf> Pvp is a world where u live in constant fear. If you can actually build a nice looking town on pvp, you're just an amazing person.
[*][14:20] <@Kainzo> lol
[*][14:20] <@Kainzo> people who speak in ultimatums are hard to please
[*][14:20] <@Kainzo> "DO IT THIS WAY OR EVERYTHING DIES"
[*][14:20] <@Admin|Xanipher> negative nancyyyy
[*][14:20] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Making SummonAnimal give you an egg would fix animals getting stuck into walls
[*][14:20] <DJAlphaWolf> Idk how else to say it. I dont think its possible to please anyone ever
[*][14:20] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Templar, you're not listening then. PVP is getting rid of some of the safety nets and adding in more danger. If you don't want to PVE, don't. It shouldn't concern you then.
[*][14:20] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> when spawning them
[*][14:20] <+OxNaomi> "IT WAS SO UGLY THAT EVERYONE DIED" wait what
[*][14:20] <@Kainzo> He left misty heh
[*][14:20] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> derp x}
[*][14:21] <DJAlphaWolf> Scrubs leaving.
[*][14:21] <@Admin|Xanipher> basically, i play pve to chill out, some people use games to relax, not to be camped or pissed off and anxious all the time
[*][14:21] <@Admin|Xanipher> and thats totally fine
[*][14:21] <+[Guide]Mistyckle> ^same
[*][14:21] <+OxNaomi> I do think that PvP needs a reason to be there other than "me want fight" but eh
[*][14:21] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Same as Xani
[*][14:22] <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Being able to walk around on PvE just meeting people and building stuff at nice locations is much more fun than living in constant fear on PvP
[*][14:22] <@Kainzo> I think removing PVPdrop plugin might be the best bet OxNaomi
[/LIST]

Last edited:

greatman321

Retired Staff
Full log if @yeelowsnow is missing some stuff. Time is GMT -4:

Code:
4:02:37 PM <@Kainzo> Alrighty
4:02:52 PM → Oryinn joined ([email protected])
4:03:00 PM <@Kainzo> We are coming underway - T5+ and staff have voice, so feel free to speak up, this will take about 30 minutes and we're also in teamspeak, we will allow all-speak after the main points are hit on
4:03:02 PM → holyrollerss joined ([email protected])
4:03:12 PM <@Kainzo> Please refrain from spamming the same questions or being churlish and unruly
4:03:19 PM <@Kainzo> The devs/admins are here to assist the process and can definitely chime in
4:03:22 PM  → Ary and ruger392 joined
4:03:32 PM <@Kainzo> === Staff Restructuring ===
4:03:34 PM → Caerulean joined ([email protected])
4:03:50 PM Channel mode set to +m by @greatman
4:03:51 PM <@Kainzo> We will be restructuring staff and creating new teams to delegate more power to the players and dedicated members through councils and teams
4:04:01 PM  → MariusAbyssal and EnigmaticMander joined
4:04:11 PM <@greatman> For those that just joined, please use /nick to set your server rank, example: /nick Dev|greatman
4:04:14 PM <@greatman> that way I can promote you
4:04:19 PM <@greatman> to speak
4:04:24 PM <@Kainzo> This includes the Rules Council (To update Rules and clarify them for all players) ... Scripting team for quests/bosses and adventure things... the Adventure Team as an overarching team for all instances of Adventure
4:04:27 PM  mode: +T9JakLng (voiced)  •  MariusAbyssal → +Architect|MariusAbyssal (voiced)
4:04:46 PM <@Kainzo> and Balance Team being split into Implementers and Testers
4:04:59 PM <@Kainzo> Any questions/feedback regarding the above? feel free to speak freely
4:05:24 PM CanDoBlue → +Herald
4:05:41 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I did that too, Blue
4:05:43 PM <@[Mod]hilltim1> /nick Herald|CanDoBlue
4:05:49 PM  Herald → +[Herald]CanDoBlue (voiced)
4:07:38 PM <@Kainzo> trying to juggle both TS and IRC argh
4:07:45 PM <@Kainzo> ==== How we communicate ====
4:07:58 PM <@Kainzo> We're going to be changing how we communicate with the community
4:08:19 PM <@Kainzo> We will hold off main ideas until they are either mostly coded or fully coded before releasing sneak peeks and information
4:08:29 PM <@Kainzo> So we don't get hopes up and if something doesnt get done it wont be a let down
4:08:31 PM  → +t9-Xargun (voiced) joined
4:08:43 PM <@Kainzo> The Adventure map and contents described are still coming and a lot of work has been done towards it, but we'll touch that in another topic
4:08:58 PM  → g1ng3r and Adrastos joined
4:09:12 PM <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: Implementing and testing is great and all, but can balance actually get a change to live without your explicit approval?
4:09:16 PM <@Kainzo> Staff (and myself) will try and be more available in teamspeak to users who are looking to talk one on one with staff, at least some hours a week so if you have something you need to discuss, you'll get the chance
4:09:31 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> 'office hours'
4:09:35 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> sounds fun
4:09:37 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> hehe
4:09:40 PM <@Kainzo> May have missed it - but as discussed on the restructuring page, OxNaomi --- There is a repo for Balance that will have push access to implementers
4:09:57 PM <@Kainzo> So testers can view the repo and configs - when needed (via git.hc.to) and implemeters can push it
4:10:13 PM <@Kainzo> Ultimately, it will be a group discussion on the actual changes being made and historical data will be preserved via the change logs of git
4:10:18 PM <@Admin|Danda> I'm nearly always available atm in TS anyway xD
4:11:17 PM  → +Oudaiesty (voiced) joined
4:12:28 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> +1 for reading applications
4:12:47 PM <@Kainzo> I'd like to devise a team to approve and filter applications for admins or the specific team to handle
4:12:54 PM <@Kainzo> Rather than relying on myself to sift through hundreds
4:13:02 PM <@greatman> Team leaders somewhat?
4:13:05 PM <@Kainzo> I'm sure an inductions or H&R team would gbe nice
4:13:05 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> yea i dont look at apps until i need someone, or else i have a ton of people with no job to do
4:13:17 PM <@Kainzo> Correct, greatman
4:13:26 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> I'm all for that
4:13:27 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like seniors?
4:13:29 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Like Senors?
4:13:30 PM  ↔ DJAlphaWolf nipped out
4:13:33 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> i would love to have a event team senior
4:13:37 PM <@Kainzo> ^
4:13:37 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> because its so much work and time
4:13:52 PM <@Kainzo> Its a massive amount of time to run this server and we want to give more of that power to the community to help :)
4:13:54 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Or a Herald Sr.
4:14:05 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
4:14:05 PM <@greatman> If non-voiced peeps got good questions, just pm me them (/msg greatman The actual msg), ill probably forward them
4:14:07 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
4:14:10 PM <@Kainzo> While a senior isnt always needed, its definitely a plus in my book
4:14:17 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> There hasnt been a Sr Herald since DG
4:14:27 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Bastion*
4:14:41 PM <@Kainzo> If you guys have questions to ask, speak up - I dont want to rush this and its here for you
4:14:41 PM <@Admin|Danda> Honestly I feel the Herald team needs one, they have very little direction atm and need someone to try and focus the team into a more useful form
4:14:47 PM <@Kainzo> This is community feedback
4:15:00 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> :D
4:15:26 PM <@greatman> *offtopic* can someone give me a decent rank on TS so I can write at least? :P
4:15:28 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> I agree Danda
4:15:30 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sounds Good
4:15:30 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Agreed
4:15:32 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> haha kain
4:15:41 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Why is Kainzo banned from the Minecraft Forums T_T
4:15:42 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> I saw that tweet
4:15:52 PM <@[Mod]hilltim1> Done greatman.
4:15:54 PM <@greatman> Thanks
4:16:18 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> ive told etkenn and babomba to co-senior herald until we figure it out
4:16:25 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> We should merge the Social team with the Forum team within the Herald team
4:16:33 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> test voice
4:16:56 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> So that we'd end up with Video and Forum instead of Video, Forum and Social.
4:17:37 PM <@greatman> I like that
4:17:38 PM <@Kainzo> How do you feel about staff paying staff members X souls a week?
4:17:57 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I think even as staff, its voluntary, so I think staff who are lower kinda seems stupid >.<
4:18:00 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> I'm fine with it if they are active
4:18:02 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> That would require better management of each team though
4:18:09 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Maybe for big projects where they contributed
4:18:09 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I'm not saying this just because I'm a Herald, but I think it'd be a good idea
4:18:11 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> To make sure the staff members are actually working
4:18:12 PM <+t9-Xargun> Make it a max per week - and the staff in charge (Mod / Admins) decide if they have earned it
4:18:23 PM <@Kainzo> 50-100s per week is what im saying
4:18:33 PM <@Kainzo> and the reasoning is these players could be mindlessly mining and making money ubt instead they are helping the server
4:18:35 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> we can hold the seniors accountable for monitoring activity
4:18:37 PM <@Kainzo> so something small couldnt hurt
4:18:47 PM <@greatman> 4:18:24 PM <Jpenguin> What will become of the proctor team? At the moment, they seem like a useless team.
4:18:53 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
4:18:56 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The senior/head of the team could check on the activity of the team members more thorougly
4:19:05 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> mhmm
4:19:06 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> should*
4:19:10 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Someone could make a note of what the other members in that staff position have done throughout the week.
4:19:32 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I think thats a good idea Kainzo, I like doing applications :3
4:19:36 PM <@greatman> Kainzo is thinking merging them in the application team Jpenguin
4:19:36 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Well thats my question answered haha
4:19:40 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> Agreed ^^
4:19:44 PM <@Kainzo> Proctors are in a need of rework - we might be able to shift them help with staff-apps, but in a different caliber
4:19:48 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Proctors all the waaaay!
4:20:01 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> A lot of proctors have become more like guides as of late.
4:20:14 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Proctors do help in Tour chat and help newbies, but Proctor is at the moment just a cleaning up job
4:20:15 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : Will balance test for bugs / things not working ?
4:20:25 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> guides we need more of anyways haha
4:20:29 PM <@greatman> Could be a side-job Architect|MariusAbyssal
4:21:21 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The heralds should focus on keeping the MCF thread active
4:21:29 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> We could make the Application another way to Whitelist, because some people don't like the /register
4:21:51 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> They just don't know how to use it
4:22:05 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> tbh its soooo much easier
4:22:18 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Yeah, we worked on that back in the days
4:22:23 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Oh, so tips wont work either
4:22:29 PM <@Kainzo> I agree, but we cant just "bump" the thread under the new rules of MCF
4:22:32 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> That's a problem, we need to figure something out then
4:22:32 PM → Cabbadge42 joined ([email protected])
4:22:36 PM <@Kainzo> Yep
4:22:46 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Can we make it an active decussion of "What I did today on HeroCraft" ?
4:22:46 PM <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: yes - balance will also report bugs if they find them
4:22:54 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> discussion
4:22:56 PM <@Kainzo> Good idea Cando :D
4:23:06 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
4:23:10 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Discussing upcoming updates etc. too
4:23:15 PM  → mib_jae7o3 and LovelyArmor joined
4:23:30 PM ⇐ Nekokunai quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:23:30 PM <@Kainzo> ===== Advertising Costs =====
4:23:41 PM <@Kainzo> For the first, almost 4 years, of Herocraft - we have spent $0 on advertising
4:23:43 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : But will balance actively test each update to make sure no bugs slip ?
4:23:48 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> How about you Heralds put together a "this week in Herocraft" post to keep the community updated.
4:23:59 PM <@Kainzo> We have a grass roots community and while I'd love to keep it that way, I'd like to spend some of our income in advertising to grow the community
4:24:10 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Maybe a video series Thunder, I've thought about that before
4:24:20 PM <@Kainzo> Streamers and Youtubers are an untapped market for Herocraft, we are currently the "hidden" gem that needs to be polished and presented to new users
4:24:20 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like, ''herocraft weekly'' of sorts
4:24:29 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Doable
4:24:32 PM <@Admin|Danda> One last thing not so sure proctors should be shifted to doing staff applications. I think that should be more for the leaders of the individual teams like the Seniors or the Admin that's in charge.
4:24:34 PM <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: It really depends on how long we want the turn around time
4:24:37 PM <@Kainzo> Very possible though
4:24:56 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sure I like that Thunder
4:25:00 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Ahrall
4:25:20 PM  → Delfofthebla and Air_Restraint joined
4:25:29 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> I have a suggestion for Farmer when the time comes for suggestions.
4:25:30 PM  ⇐ mib_jae7o3 quit  •  mode: +Air_Restraint (voiced)
4:25:44 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> I wouldn't mind a higher turn around time at the benefit of having less bugs on live.
4:26:03 PM <@Kainzo> There will be a new server coming in the next few days
4:26:07 PM <@Kainzo> It will act as a "test" server
4:26:12 PM <@Kainzo> We will name it "visions" or something similar
4:26:15 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Didnt BebopVox (Whatever his name is) play on HC back in Zeal/sanctum?
4:26:18 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> EtKEnn & Thunder, some servers have books as "newspapers" in spawn to find updates ~ we could have a variety of ways, like vids or books (as well as it usually is on forums)
4:26:28 PM <@Kainzo> you'll be able to test attribute builds out for your class and freely swap between them, but nothing will transfer from there and back
4:26:34 PM <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: Will new Balance be able to get basic code edits done? I'm willing to actually edit it, just config files don't have everything Balance might need. For instance, extra effects on landing like fire or poison.
4:26:38 PM <@Admin|Danda> I agree that Streamers & Youtubers should be looked into but I feel that if we're going to pay for it we should probably try to wait until we have more playable content in terms of both PvP & PvE so that we give a better impression of the server.
4:26:53 PM <@Kainzo> OxNaomi: only if the edits 1) make sense 2) can get done, I think thats a good idea
4:26:54 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I think throwing some money towards advertising would be a wise investment in the long run. That way we can increase the playerbase.
4:27:23 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I have a friend who is friends with a YouTuber with a good amount of subscribers, I could get him to do a spotlight on Herocraft.
4:27:40 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Playerbase isn't all what we need, we need Retention of Players too
4:27:48 PM <+t9-Xargun> I think adventure map is more important than the FFA map
4:28:05 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree ^ FFA=Ruins >.<
4:28:45 PM → Jonsoon joined ([email protected])
4:28:51 PM <@greatman> 4:28:40 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Are all players able to get on the upcoming test server? Like last map?
4:28:54 PM <@greatman> I think yes?
4:28:54 PM  → mib_e8k41r joined  •  mode: @Jonsoon (opped)
4:28:57 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Goodness, seems good
4:28:58 PM ⇐ mib_e8k41r quit ([email protected]) Client Quit
4:29:06 PM <@Kainzo> BAbomba, as a herald you should get him to do it
4:29:06 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Test server is currently Whitelisted
4:29:14 PM <@Kainzo> We can offer Youtubers a title and max supporter tier
4:29:16 PM <@greatman> but the one kainzo's been talking about
4:29:17 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question : Have you considered hiring build teams? If not will we have a revamp of architect too because I feel it's very lackluster?
4:29:18 PM <@Kainzo> if they have 2k+ subs
4:29:20 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I'll see what I can do.
4:29:22 PM <@greatman> it's like the old oneish?
4:29:44 PM <@Kainzo> Architect|MariusAbyssal: lackluste rin what ways and xanipher might be able to drop some info on this
4:29:47 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> What Marius said ^^
4:29:50 PM <@Kainzo> FFA map is completed btw
4:29:53 PM <@Kainzo> its ready to be released.
4:30:00 PM ⇐ Bohannan quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:30:01 PM <@Kainzo> We're shifting our priorities (based on community input) to Adventure
4:30:01 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Kainzo, is 2,123,195 subscribers good for you?
4:30:05 PM <@Kainzo> and PVP assistance
4:30:06 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> revamp of the architect team?
4:30:09 PM <@Kainzo> yes Babomba :P
4:30:33 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> i hire individual architects for small fees if i need something done in game
4:30:34 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> As in very chaotic for example for FFA we had one meeting...
4:30:44 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> if its big, maybe 2-3
4:30:53 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> architects can be slippery and difficult to get together with
4:31:04 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Architects are slippery I agree
4:31:18 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Mhmm
4:31:24 PM <+Air_Restraint> Well there be any recruiting for balance?
4:31:30 PM <@Kainzo> Weekly meetings for Architects
4:31:31 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Yea
4:31:38 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> We could at least have regular meetings brainstorming session when we're making the maps yes.
4:31:44 PM <@greatman> the new Test server would be open to everybody?
4:31:47 PM <@Kainzo> All applications will be getting reviewed and a new post will be coming up
4:31:48 PM <@Kainzo> yes greatman
4:31:52 PM <@Kainzo> "Visions"
4:31:57 PM <@Kainzo> It'll be less test, more testing for players
4:32:04 PM <@Kainzo> so wont go up and down like the old test
4:32:09 PM <@Kainzo> we'll have Visions and then Test
4:32:11 PM <@greatman> kk
4:32:15 PM <@Kainzo> users just want an area they can go to actually test THEIR classes
4:32:18 PM <@Kainzo> or new classes
4:32:20 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Will there be PvP enabled?
4:32:21 PM <@greatman> so devs test & the player's test
4:32:35 PM <+t9-Xargun> what is "Visions" ?
4:32:39 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Test sapped some PvP last map for sure
4:32:53 PM <@greatman> T9|Witchy: The new test server
4:32:53 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
4:33:08 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> My suggestion for Farmer is to either increase a soul drop rate for harvesting wheat/carrots/potatoes etc. Or to increase exp gained by farmers as the only way farmers can really make souls is to max farmer to create chestshops.
4:33:22 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> test last map was kind of like arenas back in Bastion
4:33:37 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> I would worry about the "Visions" Idea.  Personally I love the idea in theory.  Go play with all my toys.  See what dragoon is like etc. etc.  However, it might be similar to playing a game on "God-Mode" you get everything right away and then you don't feel the need to grind anymore.
4:33:39 PM <+T9|yeelowsnow> the end of haven was marked by players soley going on test to pvp for the fast paced no consequence pvp. Whats to stop that from happening with this new test shard?
4:33:54 PM <+Air_Restraint> For Farmer, I'm not sure if this is already on the class. But can they make leather armor? If not, I think that would be good for them.
4:33:54 PM → CoolBeans279 joined ([email protected])
4:33:58 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> You play god mode long enough and people get tired
4:34:11 PM <+t9-Xargun> no one wears leather
4:34:24 PM <+Air_Restraint> Doesn't matter.
4:34:30 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> PvP could be disabled on Visions and just have mobs spawn in a certain area for people to test on
4:34:42 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> Farmers should also be able to breakdown leather
4:34:48 PM <+OxNaomi> PvP on old test was everywhere. If PvP was in quotes.
4:35:08 PM <@greatman> 4:34:59 PM <ruger392> Will there be a team for lore writing and quest line writing?
4:35:12 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Loot crate keys Kainzo ;)
4:35:22 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Another idea would be to make it cost souls to play on Visions
4:35:22 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> ^ [ Greatman ]
4:35:33 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> Farmer suggestions kainzo :P
4:36:08 PM <@Admin|Danda> Yes there will be greatman
4:36:35 PM <+OxNaomi> T7|JenksLaw: Ideally, Live would have more than just the classes to attract players
4:36:53 PM <+Oudaiesty> This is a nice idea. I like where profs might go.
4:36:57 PM <+Air_Restraint> Kainzo: Maybe some leaked info about sammy? ;o
4:37:05 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I think Farmers should be able to monopolize food better
4:37:10 PM → XxSamdamanxX joined ([email protected])
4:37:11 PM <@Kainzo> Samurai is the next class being released
4:37:18 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> yeah cause they need some better way to increase gains in souls XD
4:37:20 PM <@Kainzo> Balance will discuss its skills with my creative direction
4:37:20 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Can Smith craft leather armor?
4:37:22 PM <+T7MovingTarget92> poor farmers
4:37:31 PM <@Kainzo> all numbers/etc will be implemented by balance for samurai with a rough guideline by me
4:37:48 PM <@Kainzo> The profession team on Balance will need to give farmers some TLC and rework it
4:37:51 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> How soon will we see the split of balance?
4:38:22 PM ⇐ T7|Trist95 quit ([email protected]) Ping timeout: 190 seconds
4:38:28 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> lol
4:38:32 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Minigames? Eww
4:38:45 PM <@greatman> minigames with Heroes in it
4:38:45 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Minigames can work...
4:38:46 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Not all bad those minigames
4:38:54 PM  → Trist95 joined  ⇐ PwnageDude10 quit
4:38:55 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> i will be looking into a decent KoTH plugin for the event server
4:38:59 PM <@greatman> can get some crazy combination.
4:38:59 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> A lot of players play minecraft mini games servers
4:39:00 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Remember Star wars and the space ship minigame? that was pretty awesome actually lol.
4:39:02 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Kainzo, what exactly is coming with the adventure Team? What is it and whom is on it
4:39:08 PM <+OxNaomi> I want Heroes CTF, but anyway...
4:39:18 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> kk >.<
4:39:19 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Question: Will the minigames be separate or integrated into the servers (ala conquest) ?
4:39:22 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Shaman CTF
4:39:24 PM <@Kainzo> The adventure team will be a "blanket" team that will have all facets of the adventure map
4:39:30 PM <@Admin|Danda> I hope you mean SWG and not The Old Repiblic Jenks :P
4:39:31 PM <@greatman> Easiest is seperated Architect|MariusAbyssal
4:39:33 PM <@Kainzo> So scripters, mob creators, lore guys, etc
4:39:40 PM <@Kainzo> will be all under Adventure as well as their respective teams
4:39:53 PM <@Kainzo> The ultimately goal with Adventure is to overseer the production of hte Adventure map
4:39:58 PM <@Kainzo> With the direction of admins/myself
4:40:00 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I miss Battleground (If that's what it was called) from Bastion, where people fought FFA in an upside down castle
4:40:01 PM <+Oudaiesty> There will be deeply custom mobs?
4:40:05 PM ⇐ ruger392 quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:40:10 PM <@Kainzo> Custom mobs can have a few differences between vanilla mobs
4:40:18 PM <@Kainzo> we can skin a mob to look like me and be named greatman
4:40:29 PM <@Kainzo> and it can shout out insults and use custom skills
4:40:36 PM <@Kainzo> I'm reading up on IRC, sec
4:40:36 PM <+Oudaiesty> I dig it.
4:40:38 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Hero skills?
4:40:53 PM <@Kainzo> Not hero-skills directly no
4:41:01 PM <@Kainzo> scripters can create skills on the fly, basically
4:41:02 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Could we have those mobs spawn from players death? Like have a [Zombie Devotedworker] Spawn when I get killed by a zombie
4:41:04 PM <+T9JakLng> how about some rent relief for personal regions..
4:41:04 PM <@Admin|Danda> But we could make skill look like some of the heroes skills
4:41:06 PM <@Kainzo> and mimic hero-skills
4:41:15 PM <@Kainzo> T9JakLng: what do you mean exactly?
4:41:25 PM <@Kainzo> ==== We're moving to the Q&A points at the moment =====
4:41:28 PM <@Kainzo> just if anyone missed that :)
4:41:35 PM <+T9JakLng> as T9 i get 3 regions... I can't afford to keep up 1
4:41:37 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Well I hope the minigames will be integrated into the current server instead of being separate but meh..
4:41:38 PM <@Kainzo> Devoted, thats actually possible
4:41:41 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> :D
4:41:42 PM +XxSamdamanxX was voiced (+v) by @Admin|Danda
4:41:45 PM <@Kainzo> T9JakLng: are you referring to the rent every week?
4:41:48 PM <@greatman> removing moderated Kainzo?
4:41:52 PM <+T9JakLng> yes
4:41:53 PM <@Kainzo> not yet greatman
4:41:55 PM <@greatman> k
4:41:57 PM ⇐ XxSamdamanxX quit ([email protected]) Client Quit
4:42:08 PM <@Kainzo> Jak make a suggestion with how you think we should adjust it - and we'll look into it
4:42:09 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> A boss with Arcane Storm... hehe
4:42:11 PM <+Architect|MariusAbyssal> Maybe we will have both at some point..
4:42:17 PM <@Kainzo> its important to get that right because if you cant afford it, then we're doing numbers wrong
4:42:17 PM <+T9JakLng> TY
4:42:22 PM <+t9-Xargun> personal region rent is cheap
4:42:23 PM  ↔ Samdaman popped in
4:42:36 PM <@Kainzo> Marius - the goal is to have a fast-action pvp area to draw in players and provide some benefit to the main servers of herocraft
4:42:51 PM <@greatman> Architect|MariusAbyssal: How would you see it? A random CTF area with walls to prevent people entering by example?
4:42:54 PM  → +XxSamdamanxXT7 (voiced) joined
4:43:12 PM <@Kainzo> greatman: I see it as being on Central, portal/boat --- that when you win you get currency or some item that can be traded for something
4:43:15 PM <+T9JakLng> I like to build and explore... I have to mine for hours just to pay on 1 25x25 region
4:43:16 PM → Templar_james joined ([email protected])
4:43:31 PM <@greatman> Those minigames maps can potentially be modified by people too. So we need to be sure it doesn't lag the network
4:43:36 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Test
4:43:39 PM <@greatman> 4:43:30 PM <Jpenguin> Will we ever see a comeback on arenas?
4:43:40 PM <@Kainzo> I want to implement PVP TNT exploding blocks ( but regen after one minute ) ----- how do you guys feel about this?
4:43:53 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Yes
4:43:55 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Sounds good
4:43:57 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Needs to happen kain
4:43:58 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Is it a mob?
4:44:04 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Makes miners actually have
4:44:05 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> As long as it's a rule not to have obsidian walls in your town
4:44:07 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Will it be enabled in spawn/personal regions?
4:44:11 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> "realish" tnt
4:44:13 PM <@Kainzo> Miners will be able to make Siege weapons (TNT cannons) that can destroy obsidian (and any block except LWC's)
4:44:13 PM <+t9-Xargun> depends Kainzo.. who all can place it ?
4:44:23 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> In addition to advertising staff positions on the forums an ingame bulletin board could be a good way to advertise said positions
4:44:23 PM <@Admin|Danda> Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with the rent on Personal regions
4:44:27 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Towns need to be raidable in some sort of way
4:44:27 PM <@Admin|Danda> it's not very expensive
4:44:33 PM <@greatman> 4:44:11 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Would tnt allow for town raids then?
4:44:35 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I think this would help PvP activity a lot. Though could we restrict the crafting and not the placement?
4:44:35 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Can't Enginners make TNT too?
4:44:37 PM <+Air_Restraint> Kainzo, is there any way that we could lose armor and what we are holding in pvp. But I guess keep them in pve. I just feel like we get less rewarded in pvp atm.
4:44:38 PM <@Kainzo> yes, DJA
4:44:43 PM <+t9-Xargun> give it to engineers to make the cannons. and miners the tnt
4:44:46 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Eh, I hate pvp being reliant on a crafter class
4:44:47 PM <@Kainzo> Yes, Air_Restraint  its possible to toggle the plugin to and fro
4:44:51 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Only 60 Miners can place TNT though.
4:44:53 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> you most likely won't need 3 huge PRs or even 2
4:44:59 PM <+T9|yeelowsnow> make sure that shit is fully tested
4:45:01 PM <@Kainzo> However, with the closeness of custom items, armor and weapons will become much more rare and sought after
4:45:07 PM <@Kainzo> so you wont see players wielding them o rusing them if they can lose them =/
4:45:17 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> :D
4:45:35 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I think just armor should drop
4:45:37 PM <+Air_Restraint> But atleast they would be risking them then. Then also you wouldn't have people disarming people when they die to lose the weapon
4:45:39 PM <@Kainzo> Arenas --- I'd love for them to come back in a certain capacity, the developer of them kind of stopped updating and there were massive bugs
4:45:40 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Uhm, if it's possible to restrict who can place TNT. Is it possible to restrict who can place seeds/vegetables and harvest?
4:45:48 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> so people can't go hardcore GY running until they kill everyone
4:45:48 PM <@Kainzo> An arena server attached to Central could be nice though
4:45:48 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Oooh
4:45:49 PM <@Jonsoon> Why do you say that, malik?
4:46:01 PM <@Kainzo> EtkEnn - it should be possible, the events should be the same
4:46:02 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree with Etkenn that might make Farmers more needed
4:46:23 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> the arena that's already there is pretty useful
4:46:24 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> What if you don't have a miner on, can't use tnt then.
4:46:28 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I think it would be good to restrict farming to farmers, though it won't truly help this far into the map
4:46:43 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Anything said about party limits?
4:46:43 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I think a lot of people want "instant PvP" where they can sit in their house and fight people
4:47:29 PM <@Jonsoon> Then get a miner Wiki|malikdanab. Creates variety and dependencies
4:47:34 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Kainzo will this Regenerating TNT, could it be a rare drop to make Raids more sparatic?
4:47:40 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Or A custom item
4:47:44 PM <@Kainzo> hrm....
4:47:44 PM → Andrew2060 joined ([email protected])
4:47:53 PM <@Kainzo> The actual item would be any TNT explosion
4:48:16 PM <+Air_Restraint> I really disagree with Residences atm. They are cheaper then spawn plots and can be bigger. They can't be raided at all. Plus the fact I think the rent for them are broken at the moment.
4:48:16 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Because with just TNT someone could destroy Regions completly
4:48:33 PM <@Kainzo> PVP is a conflicted server.
4:48:39 PM <@Kainzo> PVE isn't
4:48:50 PM <@Kainzo> so the player should choose which they want to actively be on
4:48:52 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Now that we have PvE, I dont think we should hold back on PvP. Let PvP be more hardcore
4:48:56 PM <@Kainzo> Right
4:48:57 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> The blocks would regen probably, devoted
4:49:02 PM <@Kainzo> That's the goal and that's what we're trying to do for the PVPers
4:49:05 PM <@Kainzo> I want everyone happy
4:49:10 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Ik but someone could access chests in Region with TNT
4:49:15 PM <@Kainzo> PVE isnt going away - its something that will be for those who want survival vanilla gameplay with Heroes
4:49:18 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Making em essentialy pointless
4:49:21 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I don't think chests should be able to be blown up by TNT, just the blocks surrounding them
4:49:22 PM <@Kainzo> PVP is survival vanilla gameplay with PVP with Heroes
4:49:25 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Ik
4:49:28 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Making em openable
4:49:31 PM <+OxNaomi> Kain keeps saying dirt over chests != protection
4:49:32 PM <+T9JakLng> Danda, a single T9 region cost 4,056 to create. and 101 a week in rent.
4:49:33 PM <@Kainzo> and then RPG is a non-survival system with Heroes and minor PVP in certain areas
4:49:40 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> PvE <3
4:49:43 PM <+t9-Xargun> if tnt can blow holes in towns - they should be able to blow holes in personal regions as well.. only spawn plots should be immune
4:49:50 PM <+OxNaomi> So long as blowing up a chest block doesn't lose contents (including on restart) it should be fine
4:49:52 PM <+Air_Restraint> The one thing I dislike is this is suppost to be a hardcore server. But you keep your armor and whatever your holding on death :\
4:49:53 PM <@Kainzo> Correct t9-Xargun
4:49:56 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> 101 isn't baed
4:49:58 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> bad*
4:50:04 PM <+t9-Xargun> rent is 14 days for personal regions - unless they changed it since last map
4:50:04 PM <@Kainzo> Air_Restraint: hardcore = you die and get banned on death
4:50:09 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> ^
4:50:15 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Kainzo two weeks ago you said balance team rework effective immediately, and that a balance patch would likely come out this/last week. What is the progress on the two?
4:50:16 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Pretty sure they dropped the Hardcore title
4:50:18 PM <@Admin|Danda> Babomba when chests are blown up they wouldn't spew their contents everywhere they're just disappear and replace complete with full items
4:50:20 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Air, thats based on the future where your armor will cost thousands of souls.
4:50:25 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The term hardcore in Minecraft means that  your game is deleted, or in Multiplayer that you get banned
4:50:27 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Because custom items
4:50:28 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I see
4:50:30 PM <@Kainzo> I think a chance to drop the items on death would be a suitable solution but that requires more coding and debate
4:50:31 PM <+T9JakLng> thats 303 a week for the 3 regions your allowed
4:50:41 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Kain, Is it supposed to be were you cant open chests in a personal region on Pvp?
4:50:43 PM Jonsoon → @Mod|Jonsoon
4:50:47 PM <@Kainzo> XxSamdamanxXT7: The repos have been created, applications are being reviewed, I had to move towns and it came at a bad time
4:50:49 PM <@Admin|Danda> Max size regions are 200 ish Jak
4:50:56 PM <@greatman> 4:47:04 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Whats the possibility of tier 2 classes in the future? Like a tier 2 paladin. Tier 2 wizard. Etc.
4:50:56 PM <@Admin|Danda> 202.8
4:50:59 PM <@Admin|Danda> just did the math
4:51:00 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> I wasnt sure if it was a mistake or not
4:51:00 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> It wasnt always like this, but when mojang implemented Hardcore difficulty the word Hardcore got a standard
4:51:01 PM <@Kainzo> Either case, the forums have been reworked and will be made public viewable tonight
4:51:10 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> You'd have to farm dirt an awful lot to need 3 x by x by x regions to store your stuff
4:51:10 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> but T9JakLng, who needs 3 t9 personal regions
4:51:15 PM <@Kainzo> DJAlphaWolf: I actually think this is an amazing idea
4:51:19 PM <@Kainzo> but it has to be done in a way that doesnt KILL balance
4:51:25 PM <@Kainzo> I can see a T1 class = Paladin, T2 = Crusader
4:51:30 PM <@Kainzo> and the T2 would gain 1hp more per level
4:51:34 PM <@Kainzo> or something similar but keep the same skill setup
4:51:36 PM <@Kainzo> That would be doable.
4:51:46 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I can do just fine with 1 T5 plot
4:51:50 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Like prestiges?
4:51:56 PM <+T9JakLng> they're offered... i had 1 and couldn't keep the rent up and lost it
4:52:03 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> My t7 plot has 2 floors that are unused lol
4:52:11 PM <@Kainzo> Sorta, I want T2 but if we have to offer extremely different classes, it will be too time consuming for balance
4:52:19 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Yea Kainzo I saw a couple of your statuses, hopefully the guy who broke his neck can make a recovery.
4:52:29 PM Channel mode set to -m by @greatman
4:52:39 PM <@greatman> Everybody can speak now. Please keep it civilized ;)
4:52:45 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Let the spam commence
4:52:47 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Kain, Is it supposed to be were you cant open chests in a personal region on Pvp?
4:53:00 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> >.<
4:53:02 PM <Conscience> how come server traffic is down so much the last week?
4:53:05 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> As of now you cannot
4:53:09 PM <@Kainzo> The use-flag for residence was broken/misset - PVP will have the use-flag enabled for all players
4:53:10 PM <@Kainzo> PVE will not
4:53:19 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> That's good
4:53:21 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Great
4:53:21 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Adventure team? What exactly will it do? Who is on it? What is the application proccess
4:53:23 PM <@Kainzo> We will give 3-7 days for players to prortect their valuables before enabling.
4:53:29 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> Sweet
4:53:37 PM <+XxSamdamanxXT7> Going to hop on my plane now, best of luck to everyone
4:53:38 PM <@Kainzo> We moved from Residence 2.0 to Residence 3.0 - we are the "first" server to use the plugin and a lot of things werent working
4:53:41 PM <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: People can just take stuff from PvP to PvE for safe storage, with more of it to boot
4:53:41 PM <Delfofthebla> So you're re-enabling the ability open chests in regions?
4:53:41 PM <@Kainzo> later XxSamdamanxXT7
4:53:48 PM <Templar_james> Chest flags need to be taken out for residents either that or get rid of lwc because lwc are useless now
4:53:51 PM <@Kainzo> Delfofthebla:  If not locked or shit-bricked
4:53:55 PM ⇐ XxSamdamanxXT7 quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:53:56 PM <Delfofthebla> gotcha
4:54:01 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: ^ read above please
4:54:05 PM <Delfofthebla> well that's good.
4:54:19 PM <Templar_james> did sorry
4:54:21 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> So did TNT pass inspection completely?
4:54:24 PM <@Kainzo> Residence flag wasnt working and I think t00th can fix it soon, PVE wont have it enabled, though
4:54:28 PM ⇐ T9JakLng quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:54:29 PM <@Kainzo> TNT regen works on the test server
4:54:38 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> kk
4:54:43 PM <@Kainzo> I want to have a more public test
4:54:53 PM <@Kainzo> so we may get a TNT test server up for players to break connected to central
4:54:58 PM <@Kainzo> for a few days before releasing it to PVP
4:55:03 PM <@Kainzo> We want conflict gameplay
4:55:11 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Yuppers understood
4:55:12 PM <Delfofthebla> You talking about that TNT plugin?
4:55:14 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> But then all the new things get spoiled if Test is public >><
4:55:17 PM <@Kainzo> CreeperHeal, Delfofthebla
4:55:20 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I believe season 3 will cover balancing classes. When can we expect the major rebalancing?
4:55:20 PM <Delfofthebla> Yea.
4:55:21 PM <@Kainzo> its been updated, havent seen any issues with it
4:55:22 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> That'd make for a good stress test.
4:55:29 PM <Delfofthebla> When I tested it in beta it had no compatibility with worldguard
4:55:32 PM <Delfofthebla> that still the case?
4:55:34 PM <@Kainzo> It does now
4:55:36 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Is the IRC public yet? Seems too quiet to be >:o
4:55:36 PM <Templar_james> How are you planning on getting people to actually play pvp, because as of right now 90% of whats left of the server is purely playing pve
4:55:37 PM <Delfofthebla> k
4:55:42 PM <Delfofthebla> Other than that I never saw any issues
4:55:48 PM <@Kainzo> The goal of Herocraft is to support all styles of gameplay
4:55:50 PM <DJAlphaWolf> It is ultimate
4:55:54 PM <@Kainzo> including gankers, campers and those who just want to build
4:55:59 PM <@greatman> It is SProc|UltimateOptics
4:56:00 PM <@greatman> heh
4:56:06 PM <@greatman> You can all speak btw people not voiced
4:56:07 PM <@Kainzo> in the past, PVP has been somewhat limited due to having players who didnt want any involvement
4:56:12 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I usually see PvE and PvP server close to 50/50 James.
4:56:15 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Its too quiet :( Wheres the party at haha
4:56:18 PM <@Kainzo> and now its not the case anymore, if you go into PVP you should know you are at risk
4:56:18 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Templar, I've been seeing more people get into pvp in the last day or two and a 5v5 will happen (on forums)
4:56:28 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Adventure team? What exactly will it do? Who is on it? What is the application proccess Kainzo?
4:56:40 PM <Templar_james> the problem is though is that adding pve as split the community everubody used to play together but now its apart
4:56:42 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> hc.to/tournament ;)
4:56:45 PM <@Kainzo> If you are on a team helping develop features for Adventure - you will auto be in "adventure team"
4:56:46 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Will events/tournaments be more frequent/scheduled?
4:56:50 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> +1 Xani
4:56:55 PM <+Air_Restraint> What's the main purpose to Proctor now by the way? I was thinking about reapplying for the staff position, but they seem kinda useless now, with little purpose. I could be wrong, Not sure what they all do now.
4:56:58 PM <@Kainzo> its a team that will have a different forum (probably private) to see how the systems integrate together
4:57:03 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> yes etkenn
4:57:04 PM <@Kainzo> and the adventure team will have first pass into the Adventure server
4:57:07 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Woo
4:57:10 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> i got my world back, events will commence
4:57:11 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Sometimes i feel like pvpers just get mad at all the people on pve because there are less noobs for them to kill now.
4:57:14 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> PvE is for the people that don't want to get ganked all day as they build things
4:57:19 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Who will be on it? Architects Coders Questmakers?
4:57:24 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: There are two ways of seeing that.... I believe those on PVE are there because they want nothing to do with PVP
4:57:28 PM <@Kainzo> so those players would have quit the server
4:57:32 PM <LovelyArmor> My concern is a lot of people love the server but don't want to have to deal with PVP because some people take "raiding" to far and ends up leading to harassment.
4:57:33 PM <@Kainzo> Mistyckle is probably one of them
4:57:34 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Removing PvE wouldn't really make more PvP, just make more ganking and people that hide in towns
4:57:39 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> <-- classic hatred of PvP
4:57:40 PM <@Kainzo> if she was camped to death on PVP - she would have just quit, imo
4:57:45 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> Now that people have the option to choose, I believe more people will come to the server to play, AND stay. Which means they will likely eventually dabble in PvP.
4:57:46 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Yep
4:57:49 PM ⇐ Oryinn quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
4:57:49 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I agree Kainzo
4:57:54 PM <@Kainzo> We want to support both styles of gameplay
4:57:59 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> PVE has its own way of working
4:58:01 PM <@Kainzo> Yes, I can agree we need more meat for out meat grinder in PVP
4:58:03 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Air_Restraint - In the meeting Kainzo said about Proctor possibly becoming a staff application sorter. He did agree that Proctor needed a rework though
4:58:07 PM <Templar_james> back in the last 2 maps those that didn't want to pvp didn't pvp anyway they built impressive towns to keep pvper's out
4:58:07 PM <Conscience> your concern no longer applies since all the pvpers quit
4:58:10 PM <@Kainzo> and I am open to take suggestions on the matter to do that Templar
4:58:10 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Getting rid of it is like Genocide of the PVE players >.<
4:58:12 PM → mib_6ycggk joined ([email protected])
4:58:13 PM <LovelyArmor> So PVE is really good for avoiding that
4:58:14 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Some of us just want to build, have peace.
4:58:21 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
4:58:27 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: but they were still actively harassed and eventually quit or became jaded bout it
4:58:29 PM <+Air_Restraint> That's good. I might reapply then soon.
4:58:29 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Yeah, where would we PvE players go if PvE was sacrificed ;-;
4:58:38 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> How many times do you think they got ganked and nearly gave up though?
4:58:44 PM <mib_6ycggk> To a server for pussies
4:58:48 PM <Jpenguin> Now, what I don't understand is why people don't just go to a creative/survival surver
4:58:50 PM ← mib_6ycggk was kicked by Kainzo ([email protected]): mib_6ycggk
4:58:56 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> hahahha
4:58:57 PM <Jpenguin> if they want to build
4:58:58 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> xD
4:58:58 PM <@Kainzo> I know we lost several good players due to forced PVP
4:59:01 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> T_T I totaly expected that
4:59:04 PM <@Kainzo> TxLibra <<< is one of them
4:59:07 PM → Oryinn joined ([email protected])
4:59:16 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> minecraft didnt even have pvp in the beginning, thats the minecraft i liked
4:59:18 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> People like the satisfaction of gathering their own materials.
4:59:20 PM <@Kainzo> Jpenguin: we are a survival server
4:59:23 PM <LovelyArmor> I ended up taking a break from herocraft due to constant harassment and raiding, it was impossible to do anything to level
4:59:24 PM <@Kainzo> PVE is survival with Heroes - no pvp
4:59:24 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> alpha userrrr
4:59:28 PM <@Kainzo> PVP is survival with Heroes - pvp
4:59:31 PM <@Kainzo> get it? :P
4:59:31 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Get back to PvE then xani ;)
4:59:35 PM <Templar_james> Alls im saying is before I played on this server I played on another popular server and the owner of that server did what your doing now, accommodating all play styles and you know what happened? his server collapsed
4:59:37 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> my alt is on pve!
4:59:42 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> Yeah, and every mob had the sheep sound :)
4:59:48 PM <Templar_james> I don't what to see that again
4:59:48 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: I'm not like any other server owner
4:59:50 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Xani has an alt? :o
4:59:56 PM <Templar_james> kind of are
5:00:02 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Etk - Nearly all admins have alts xd
5:00:03 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Well
5:00:05 PM <@Admin|Danda> As is my Alt lol
5:00:05 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Yah Admins have alts
5:00:09 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Daaamn
5:00:11 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> This one example isn't a rule
5:00:22 PM <joeyjojo60> I want to do things to help the server
5:00:36 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Someone started a joke that koen was actually Kainzo getting his revenge on the community
5:00:42 PM <@Kainzo> Are there any more questions / feedback ? want to discuss everything people have to bring up
5:00:45 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> even most mmos have pve servers
5:00:48 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> they're doing just fine
5:00:49 PM <DJAlphaWolf> People fail to understand that the heroes plugin doesnt simply represent pvp capabilities. People get so butthurt when there are less noobs for them to kill.
5:00:51 PM <+OxNaomi> This IS my alt. My main just isn't used on HC =P
5:01:03 PM <Delfofthebla> Xanipher: Most MMO's have more than 100-150 players during prime time
5:01:04 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Agree, DJ
5:01:09 PM <Delfofthebla> The problem with PVE and PvP servers being split
5:01:12 PM <Conscience> wouldnt be surprised, theyre both pretty autistic
5:01:13 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I'll have to look through the dialogue, have had ideas along the way, but need to organize it in my head
5:01:19 PM ⇐ Conscience quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:01:21 PM <Delfofthebla> is that Herocraft does nto currently have a large enough playerbase to support that
5:01:29 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> We have 100 players total
5:01:32 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> So its fine :3
5:01:33 PM <Templar_james> Oh in pvp weapns are armour should drop when you die
5:01:33 PM <+Air_Restraint> Dj. You are right in a way. But if we don't have dungeons and that sort yet. Hero's is basically meant for pvp.
5:01:37 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> lol
5:01:38 PM <Delfofthebla> 100 is nothing for an "mmo"
5:01:40 PM <@Kainzo> I believe we do and with proper recruiting and advertising - it'll get better
5:01:42 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Now that PvE has been implemented, removing it would do more harm than good
5:01:44 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> ^
5:01:48 PM <@Kainzo> We wont be removing PVE
5:01:52 PM <@Kainzo> So not even discussing that
5:01:55 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> But what happens when I lose my 500s Crystal Katana?
5:02:05 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> How many players at one time could we feasibly handle?
5:02:06 PM <@Kainzo> you rage-quit malik?
5:02:06 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Why would I bring any custom item if I will just lose it
5:02:09 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> the question wasnt about amount of people it was if pve has a place in games
5:02:10 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> and it does
5:02:12 PM <+OxNaomi> If you lost "all" the PvP by adding PvE, removing it would just kill the server entirely.
5:02:14 PM <@Kainzo> We can handle 500-700 on this one machine
5:02:17 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> pve isnt for 'pussies'
5:02:17 PM <@Kainzo> maybe more if its done right
5:02:21 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> Buy another malik ;)
5:02:21 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> its just a different play style
5:02:26 PM <+Air_Restraint> Well malik, There should be risk to pvp.
5:02:29 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> keeping held items is fine IMO, just armor needs to drop
5:02:32 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Yes
5:02:35 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> But in an mmo
5:02:37 PM <@Kainzo> Also for those interested - the boss mobs will be debuted on PVE first for adventure
5:02:39 PM <Andrew2060> that and I personally find pve more relaxing to play since in general there's less trolling involved
5:02:40 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Do you lose all gear when you die...
5:02:41 PM <@Kainzo> randomly spawning with rare loot, etc
5:02:42 PM <Andrew2060> just saying.
5:02:43 PM <Jpenguin> IMO, there should be a perk for leveling on PVP with the increased risk of getting ganked
5:02:44 PM <Templar_james> Right now fighting somebody in pvp is stupid pvp should yield a reward it shouldn't be a case of no risk no reward
5:02:50 PM <@Kainzo> Jpenguin: I think thats a neat idea
5:02:53 PM  ↔ DJAlphaWolf nipped out
5:02:57 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: you can drop your inventory items
5:03:01 PM <+OxNaomi> The issue I see is weapon durability and repairs. You lose 10% weapon dura on death, but the only cost to repair is to pray to RNGsus. Not very interesting.
5:03:15 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> classes like Dragoon that have no reagents and a quickly regenerating resource bar can jump back in after dying infinitely
5:03:20 PM <@Kainzo> OxNaomi: better system is needed i agree
5:03:23 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> I believe the best idea for now would be advertising the server more. Now that people can opt out of PvP we can build a much larger playerbase, and retain them.
5:03:24 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Making PvP more rewarding is the way to go imo, not punishing PvE players in the form of lesser exp gains etc.
5:03:28 PM <+SProc|UltimateOptics> I should start shipping out jaffa cakes to Proctors that are active and doing their job ;)
5:03:34 PM <Templar_james> inv items most of the time go in deathchests and besided inv items are always crap
5:03:34 PM <+OxNaomi> [Herald]BaBomba: Hence 10% loss on death
5:03:35 PM <@Kainzo> rewarding PVP is important but what are some options?
5:03:35 PM → gtastuntdude joined ([email protected])
5:03:43 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Err
5:03:48 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Getting on pvp now. I view it as one big map for trolls and idiots. Every time i go to pvp spawn, shout chat is bombarded by idiocy and name calling. The embodiment of pvp.
5:03:50 PM <Jpenguin> more exp, increased legendary drops,
5:03:50 PM <@Kainzo> should LWC on death chests in PVP be disabled?
5:03:56 PM <Jpenguin> yes
5:03:58 PM <LovelyArmor> Too bad it would be a difficult code to set specific players to register under PVE and PVP, so if a PVP tries to raid in PVE they can still get killed by players but if you are PVE and go to PVP you still can get killed.
5:04:04 PM <Templar_james> people want to get the god weapon that somebody risked when they attacked you with it
5:04:10 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> That's still 10 graveyard runs, Naomi
5:04:18 PM <Oryinn> DAE think PvE players are more intelligent?
5:04:26 PM <LovelyArmor> as well, so it's a free pass for PVE players who want to raid in PVP.
5:04:28 PM <+OxNaomi> Kainzo: If LWC is removed, drop the lost 10% item in the Tombstone?
5:04:34 PM <@Kainzo> Templar_james: dropping items is a config change away... but I think we need more backing on the PVP server to have mainhand/armor drop
5:04:35 PM <+Air_Restraint> Maybe a lower timer Kainzo. But I think armor should atleast be dropped. And maybe a chance to drop your weapon.
5:04:42 PM <+OxNaomi> And give Smith a way to merge it back up to 100% if collected?
5:04:58 PM <Jpenguin> i think weapons should be dropped instead of armor, because of the gladiator/legendary drops
5:05:06 PM <CoolBeans279> but
5:05:09 PM <CoolBeans279> that will make them cheap
5:05:24 PM <@Kainzo> See, even within pvpers dont agree - so we need to have more discussion on the forums about wep/armor drops
5:05:25 PM <CoolBeans279> super cheap, to the point of lowing the price for medals/gladiator weapons/any good weapons
5:05:25 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> people would run so much more then
5:05:32 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> They don't want to lose their stuff they worked for
5:05:33 PM <CoolBeans279> I think armor should drop
5:05:37 PM <Templar_james> the argument against it is that people don't want to lose their expensive weapon but isn't that the point if you use souls to gain an advnatge by buying a god weapn you should also have to deal with the chance of it being lost
5:05:37 PM <CoolBeans279> so you get something decent
5:05:39 PM <+OxNaomi> Coolbeans, there's no difference between that and them dropping entirely
5:05:40 PM <@Kainzo> Will people want to bring in their amazing items only to be ganked, is the quesiton
5:05:46 PM <@Mod|Thunderjolt> The reason that was changed was because after death, caster classes were near 100% power even after death. While heavily armored classes lost most of their effectiveness.
5:05:47 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> I think there should be a chance of Armor or wepons dropping
5:05:48 PM <+Air_Restraint> Everyone is agreeing on armor drop atleast.
5:05:50 PM <+OxNaomi> It's not like 10% magically becomes 100%,you'd need 10 10% items
5:05:51 PM <DJAlphaWolf> LWC on deathchests on pvp get camped anyways. How often do people actually save their chests?
5:05:53 PM <+[Architect]Devoted> Like 1/25
5:05:53 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> @LovelyArmor  That just sounds like a horrible idea.
5:05:53 PM <CoolBeans279> we have so many weapons that cost SO much it would be a bad idea to drop weapon
5:05:54 PM  → mib_mxwzsp joined  ⇐ [Architect]Devoted quit
5:05:59 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> No
5:06:02 PM <@Kainzo> DJAlphaWolf: good question, probably best to yank the LWC
5:06:09 PM <Templar_james> that's there choice they risk it for the biscuit
5:06:10 PM <@Kainzo> but it could "add" to more PVP if they come back and think they can get it
5:06:11 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Would it be possible to let people adopt a PVP tag in a single world where PVE and PVP lived?  For example, at level 1 you decide to be in the PVP clan or PVE clan.  Only PVP players can actually hit other PVP players.  That way we all live in the same map.
5:06:12 PM <CoolBeans279> yank the lwc
5:06:19 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> The reason why I don't like armor/weapon drop is for the future
5:06:20 PM <CoolBeans279> and armor would be nice
5:06:25 PM <CoolBeans279> would cause people to not gy run so much
5:06:34 PM <@[Mod]hilltim1> LWC Deathchests give you the chance to rally your allies.
5:06:37 PM <Templar_james> think of it this way why pvp if these is nothing to gain from it?
5:06:41 PM <CoolBeans279> weapons dropping would cause people to not pvp as much
5:06:42 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> Custom items will be worth to much to risk
5:06:47 PM <@greatman> T7|JenksLaw: The bad part would be you go attempt to kill someone and go "Doh, he's pve flagged"
5:06:48 PM <CoolBeans279> because of these OP weapons that cost so much
5:06:57 PM <@Kainzo> brb rr
5:06:58 PM <+[Herald]CanDoBlue> I dont agree with the idea of you're set PvP for life or your set PvE for life
5:07:01 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Templar: reverse logic, why pvp if you risk your custom weps/armor?
5:07:16 PM <Adrastos> My biggest question about Yanking the LWC would be that Raiding would become so commonplace in PVE simply because no one could fight back
5:07:16 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Would create lots of invuln trolls like the level 10 PvP thg
5:07:19 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> thing*
5:07:19 PM <+OxNaomi> Items currently lose 10% dura on death. Instead of having it disappear, drop that 10% as a new item. That way raiders can get your gear to an extant and you still keep it.
5:07:35 PM <+Wiki|malikdanab> That could work
5:07:38 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Could be fixed with a /who all pvp search
5:07:41 PM <Templar_james> lwc death chest don't rally shit they give time for that hugely annoying pvper with his god disk or whatever to run back from the graveyard full armored and armed to kill you again
5:07:42 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> You could know ahead of time who to track
5:07:54 PM <LovelyArmor> Pay to change to switch between PVE and PVP but levels and such get lowers or wiped until you pay a fee of souls. If you want to keep your Levels and classes purchase that transfer in the Store
5:07:57 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> If safeguards are taken from PVE, there would be a decline in players there.
5:07:58 PM <+OxNaomi> Only issue is items that lack dura at all, like records
5:08:05 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> people could abuse that
5:08:20 PM <DJAlphaWolf> You can rally allies with the lwc deathchest, sure. But otherwise, you're just a naked person running back for ur items and getting ganked over and over until the chest is looted
5:08:23 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> just make 30 10% weapons and never give a crap about losing them
5:08:54 PM <Templar_james> problem is though DJ is that person isn't naked he keeps his armor and weapon on death
5:09:16 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Also, is it possible to Limit TNT use to PVP residents?  I could see PVE towns coming to PVP to snag items and take them to the PVE side..I wouldn't mind losing my items so much if I knew I had a chance at winning them back
5:09:17 PM <+OxNaomi> Bab, bad idea. You drop any that's not in your hand and if it's at 10% it would break on death
5:09:22 PM <DJAlphaWolf> If he wasnt dumb enough to switch his held item before death then yes templar
5:09:28 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> If they are completely removed from the economy that is kind of a bummer
5:09:31 PM  gtastuntdude → @Mod|gtastuntdude (opped)
5:09:54 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Jenks, true PVE'rs that do not already go to both worlds do not think like that.
5:10:08 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> So you could get a full weapon, die 10 times with it, and then you'd have 10 of those weapons
5:10:12 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> if someone abused it
5:10:22 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> 10% is usually more than you'd need during a single fight
5:10:26 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Looking at the TS channel, there are litteraly no non-anglo players in there xD
5:10:27 PM ⇐ Ary quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:10:28 PM <Templar_james> and the 10% dmg thing on death is bs too. Do god disks, iron doors and blaze rods get 10% dmg on death? I think not
5:10:29 PM <+OxNaomi> But it'd break on death
5:10:37 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I never go raid or do anything over there but meet for a trade. x} and even limit that if I can.
5:10:41 PM <+OxNaomi> That's the issue of those items not having duravility
5:11:04 PM <Templar_james> then the system doesn't work if they don't get dmg
5:11:09 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I just think weapons should stay and armor shouldn't
5:11:22 PM <Delfofthebla> Nothing should stay imo
5:11:24 PM <Delfofthebla> but i'm crazy
5:11:30 PM <Templar_james> exactly delf
5:11:32 PM <Adrastos> I agree with BaBomba
5:11:50 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Harcore mode=nothing stays
5:12:00 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> It was a lot different when people didn't carry super expensive weapons on them when they PvP
5:12:02 PM <Delfofthebla> The problem that I've had since Haven is that there is barely any danger on HC anymore
5:12:03 PM <Templar_james> people don't want the armor people want a reward for pvping and the only valuable reward would be the weapon
5:12:07 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> But I guess it's risk vs reward
5:12:07 PM <Delfofthebla> You don't lose anything, you're always safe
5:12:14 PM <+OxNaomi> Could just have it not keep... on pvp
5:12:14 PM <Delfofthebla> and there is no risk of losing your stuff
5:12:24 PM <Delfofthebla> Whether you are mining or levelling, you can always do it in a safe location
5:12:26 PM <Delfofthebla> with no worries
5:12:32 PM <Delfofthebla> It's really really boring
5:12:32 PM <+OxNaomi> Then if you're in the safe world and die, you can go to your tombstone. PvP you're at risk all day
5:12:52 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> making armor drop wouldn't really reward people, but make it impossible to GY run without getting killed almost instantly
5:13:19 PM <Templar_james> that's the point risk is excitement it keeps thing interesting whlist being safe all the time is boring you might as well be playing singleplayer
5:13:42 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Everyone has different interests
5:13:48 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Not everyone wants to take a risk
5:13:51 PM <CoolBeans279> oh god merchant with 2 recalls/marks
5:13:54 PM <CoolBeans279> will be used for pvp
5:14:01 PM <DJAlphaWolf> But thats besides the point
5:14:07 PM <Delfofthebla> That's the issue though DJAlphaWolf
5:14:12 PM <Delfofthebla> From the moment I joined HC
5:14:15 PM <Delfofthebla> it's been about that risk
5:14:21 PM <Delfofthebla> And suddenly it was taken away
5:14:29 PM <@Kainzo> I think we can further discuss the armor/main hand drop on PVP
5:14:34 PM <+OxNaomi> Just remove that plugin on PvP so PvE is safer even more
5:14:37 PM <@Kainzo> its something that came out when PVP was the only choice
5:14:45 PM <Templar_james> People should be forced to take a risk it worked in the past. These issues have only cropt up since pve was added
5:15:07 PM <+OxNaomi> PvE is safe already, you won't be PvP'd, so keep it. PvP needs risk and a difference, so make it riskier. Drop equipment in death on PvP
5:15:31 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I wouldn't mind that, I've never used a rare item anyways
5:15:31 PM <Delfofthebla> I'd agree with that
5:15:35 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Too afraid to damage it
5:15:39 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Lol with havens set up, i was forcing myself to remain on haven and take risks to mine all day
5:15:53 PM <DJAlphaWolf> No one ever went on shrine.
5:16:07 PM <+OxNaomi> Amplified too strong
5:16:09 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Part of the reason was because it was amplified terrain
5:16:21 PM <Templar_james> making everything risk free in pve is a problem in itself if these is no risk in pve everybody will build there towns and home in pve then switch to pvp to pvp that shouldn't be how it is
5:16:23 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> No one wanted to navigate it, the Nether was honestly faster to get around in
5:17:01 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Templar. Some people still die to lava and mobs. So theres that risk.
5:17:13 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Its not entirely risk free
5:17:13 PM <Templar_james> And why is there a pve nether? that's ridiculous the nether should be a dangerous place. Not daisy land
5:17:20 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Mobs are stronger on PvE aren't they?
5:17:38 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> The people who main PvE need a nether too
5:17:38 PM <+OxNaomi> Templar_james: PvP should be there for people who want the risk of PvP, and the systems should be designed to allow that. Towns in one and in the other should have different reasons for existing
5:17:43 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> to get supplies for building and stuff
5:17:54 PM ⇐ t9-Xargun quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:18:29 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Yep, and avoiding ghasts and gigantic lava lakes is hard enough sometimes. Some of us don't want the crazy adrenaline rush some of you want. We MC to chill.
5:18:36 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> no ones forcing people to play on pve
5:18:46 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> when i play on my alt, i dont want to deal with other users at all
5:19:00 PM <@Kainzo> im glad that we're having these discussions
5:19:04 PM <@Kainzo> I think its important to talk about things
5:19:06 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Look. Pve is a world where we dont have to worry about jerks screwing everything up for us, allowing us to build nice looking towns and testing out the heroes plugin on mobs.
5:19:11 PM <+OxNaomi> Restricting, say, towns to just PvP? Bad idea. Giving towns more of a PvP reason to exist in PvP rather than in PvE? Do that.
5:19:11 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> I like that farmer 'summon egg' idea on ts
5:19:12 PM <@Kainzo> We all love this server and I think we want to make it survive and work
5:19:23 PM <Templar_james> I'll leave it at this Keep adding safety nets to your server and the server will get stale and die Herocraft used to be fun but recently its starting to feel like a creative server
5:19:34 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Xani, I'm going to find who your alt is eventually
5:19:37 PM  ⇐ Templar_james and holyrollerss quit
5:19:41 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> doomsayers haha
5:20:04 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Pvp is a world where u live in constant fear. If you can actually build a nice looking town on pvp, you're just an amazing person.
5:20:16 PM <@Kainzo> lol
5:20:29 PM <@Kainzo> people who speak in ultimatums are hard to please
5:20:35 PM <@Kainzo> "DO IT THIS WAY OR EVERYTHING DIES"
5:20:38 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> negative nancyyyy
5:20:44 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Making SummonAnimal give you an egg would fix animals getting stuck into walls
5:20:46 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Idk how else to say it. I dont think its possible to please anyone ever
5:20:48 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Templar, you're not listening then. PVP is getting rid of some of the safety nets and adding in more danger. If you don't want to PVE, don't. It shouldn't concern you then.
5:20:49 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> when spawning them
5:20:51 PM <+OxNaomi> "IT WAS SO UGLY THAT EVERYONE DIED" wait what
5:20:55 PM <@Kainzo> He left misty heh
5:21:02 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> derp x}
5:21:12 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Scrubs leaving.
5:21:12 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> basically, i play pve to chill out, some people use games to relax, not to be camped or pissed off and anxious all the time
5:21:23 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> and thats totally fine
5:21:28 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> ^same
5:21:38 PM <+OxNaomi> I do think that PvP needs a reason to be there other than "me want fight" but eh
5:21:42 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Same as Xani
5:22:09 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Being able to walk around on PvE just meeting people and building stuff at nice locations is much more fun than living in constant fear on PvP
5:22:09 PM <@Kainzo> I think removing PVPdrop plugin might be the best bet OxNaomi
5:22:18 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Its funny how minecraft is a creative game where you use your imagination to build. Then pvp happened and people lost sight of that. Like minecraft is all pvp. Even heroes isnt all pvp.
5:22:51 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> some of the straight pve users that ive come across on my alt are super friendly and community oriented
5:23:01 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> and i really appreciate that part of the server
5:23:03 PM <Adrastos> Exactly, And that is why I am getting distraught at the idea of PvE becoming the raid central with personal res changes
5:23:13 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> I always thought it was neat that Disciples could do well even after losing all their stuff in Bastion
5:23:20 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I think that will only be on pvp Adrastos
5:23:20 PM <+T7|JenksLaw> Xani is trolling.  She's saying she's on PVE to hide the fact that she's actually camping noobs in PVP with her alt... Just sayin
5:23:23 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Oxnaomi my personal opinion is that it exists for exactly that purpose. "Me want fight" "me is board lol. Lets fite nub"
5:23:36 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> haha jenks
5:23:40 PM <+OxNaomi> Yeah, but I just feel it needs a more overarching thing...
5:23:49 PM <+OxNaomi> Like, "I want to go to Umbra and murder thair faces"
5:23:57 PM <+OxNaomi> There's an arena at central for "1v1 me bro"
5:24:14 PM <@Admin|Xanipher> the battledome is up again too
5:24:31 PM → Nekokujnai joined ([email protected])
5:24:47 PM <@Kainzo> Adrastos: PVE wont be raid central
5:24:52 PM <@Kainzo> the use-flag on PVE is not getting enabled
5:25:08 PM <+OxNaomi> If anything, PvE will be "store my stuff" central
5:25:22 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> ^that is my fear Naomi
5:25:41 PM <Adrastos> Okay, I was worried. /ch o was blown up with that fact last night with no one disputing it.
5:25:49 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> it already is for the most part,but will soon become worse x} lol
5:25:51 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I feel like when people complain about lack of pvp, its just a matter of less noobs to target their unbridled violent rage and feeling of superiority thats beginning to drain.
5:26:00 PM → Guide joined ([email protected])
5:26:22 PM <DJAlphaWolf> A guide joined. I wonder which.
5:26:36 PM <+OxNaomi> No, it's that Guide from Terraria, see.
5:26:37 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> Yep, DJ
5:26:39 PM <DJAlphaWolf> The original Guide.
5:26:52 PM <+[Proctor]irishman81> it is the Guide
5:26:56 PM <DJAlphaWolf> The legends have spoken of the Guide.
5:27:04 PM ⇐ joeyjojo60 quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:28:04 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> The Guide :o
5:28:12 PM  ⇐ Malarb and colby2468 quit
5:29:05 PM <LovelyArmor> I agree with AlphaWolf
5:29:53 PM ⇐ Oudaiesty quit ([email protected]) Quit: Web client closed
5:29:53 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> If people want more PvP, they shouldn't form huge PvP communities but rather have many smaller clans/towns fighting each other
5:30:09 PM <@Kainzo> right
5:30:16 PM <@Kainzo> but we shouldnt dissuade people form having large towns either
5:30:23 PM <Oryinn> etkenn that won't happen out of principle
5:30:25 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Final rant thoughts: leave the pvpers to fight themselves and rage among themselves. Leave the noobs who dont care about all that to live peacefuly on pve. Anyone who dares take the risk to get on pvp is fully aware of the risks they take.
5:30:30 PM <Oryinn> The strength in numbers and all that shit
5:31:06 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> With the 5-man party limit, you'd think there would be more groups but nope
5:31:13 PM <Andrew2060> Kainzo: you aware of any mythicmobs maven repos/will you have a mirror on hco nexus?
5:31:21 PM <Andrew2060> and...hurpderp wrong channel
5:31:21 PM <Andrew2060> gg
5:31:29 PM <Andrew2060> question still stands
5:31:51 PM  ⇐ mib_mxwzsp and Guide quit
5:32:32 PM <DJAlphaWolf> So is teamspeak filled with screaming children right now? Im curious. I couldnt get on.
5:32:41 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Civilized talk
5:32:46 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Nope, fairly okay Dj :)
5:32:56 PM <DJAlphaWolf> By civilized, you mean moderated.
5:33:02 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Like irc was
5:33:08 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Nah
5:33:10 PM <@Mod|gtastuntdude> No, its open chat.
5:33:10 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Anyone can talk
5:33:16 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Im impressed
5:33:32 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Hard to get stuff in, but people are being respectful <3
5:33:45 PM <@Mod|gtastuntdude> A couple people were surprised at how there wasn't instant mic-spam
5:33:59 PM <DJAlphaWolf> That's good. At least there is respect among yall :)
5:34:04 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> By the way, there should be more focus on making new players learn quickly and have easy access to useful info
5:34:18 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> There's a glitch where you can't regenerate health because it completely fills your stamina bar (It's normally 19/20, because you have to be missing hunger to eat in MC) and then you have to hop around
5:34:26 PM <+[Herald]BaBomba> and do whatever until it starts giving you HP
5:34:38 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I agree EtKEnn~ maybe by way of videos or something? (Since most hate reading these days)
5:34:54 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Sure, we have the wiki. But reading walls of text isn't the best method of learning, maybe there should be more focus on video tutorials for each feature etc.
5:35:01 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I remember how lazy my town recruits last map were. Too lazy to even read the wiki
5:35:23 PM <@Mod|gtastuntdude> I'd say the lost soul daycare went fairly well though.
5:35:29 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> <3 wiki, team has done a good job on it~ but sadly most don't like reading
5:35:30 PM <Caerulean> Video tutorials would be nice.
5:35:31 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I was thinking that the video members in the Herald team could work on some basic tutorials etc. for the different HC features
5:35:37 PM <DJAlphaWolf> It should be more condensed and simplified is all
5:35:38 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> That could be put up on the wiki
5:35:41 PM ⇐ Air_Restraint quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:35:50 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> ^Great idea
5:35:56 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I know Ahrall is already working on something similar, but not quite what I have in mind
5:36:01 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I miss lost soul daycare :(
5:36:31 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I think there should be one video tutorial of each feature, and the videos should be short and sweet
5:36:35 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> I have some ideas ~ maybe can toss them around with you sometime ^-^
5:36:49 PM <+T9|Witchy> we all have our ways, lol - I don't take the time to watch vids - would rather rapidly scan a wall of text for my info :P
5:36:50 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like, a video explaining leveling. A video explaining class choosing. A video explaining the trade district. etc.
5:37:05 PM <+T9|Witchy> we definitely need a range of formats to suit people's learning needs
5:37:24 PM <+T9|Witchy> but we need the vids, not just talking about them, lol
5:37:27 PM ⇐ T9|Kenneth_Chow quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:37:31 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> hehe me too Witchy, I'd rather read it and have it right in front of me
5:37:33 PM <+T9|Witchy> ahrall's vids are now in the wiki btw
5:37:35 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I know, I tend to talk big and do little
5:37:44 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> But I actually want to do this
5:37:46 PM <+T9|Witchy> :)
5:38:01 PM ⇐ Jpenguin quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:38:30 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> For every wiki page, there should be a video format tutorial covering the same info
5:38:48 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> yep!
5:39:08 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Would require a lot of consistent work, but if it's just shorta nd sweet tutorials rather than long and heavy tutorials I think it could work out
5:39:14 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> short and*
5:39:53 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Because there is no point for heralds to bring players if they don't stay, so I see a potential dual role there
5:40:06 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I think videos and gifs were always something we planned to do. To explain all aspects of the game in any media we possibly could.
5:40:20 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Though Guides already do that kind of work in the format of helping people in game, it's usually easier to see someone do it in a video
5:40:26 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Gifs for skills would be a great idea (like combat skills)
5:40:38 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I figured we should have teamed up with heralds for the videos though
5:41:19 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Skill gifs are on/off again alot. Its a project we've been working on for a while
5:41:37 PM <DJAlphaWolf> We've got a decent amount now though
5:41:44 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Of course, for the videos to be the best quality possible it would require us heralds to cooperate with guides/wiki members who can give us input
5:41:59 PM <@Kainzo> Any more IRC questions?
5:42:01 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Of course
5:42:19 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Not off the top of my head kain
5:42:20 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> You could read up on what we talked about the last few min Kain
5:42:28 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Just so we can hear your opinion on it
5:42:36 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Ill bother an admin later if i do have a question
5:42:47 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> Not from me atm, need to go through the log, cause so much infos~ but ty for the time Kain, it was good and I think got some ideas out there =}
5:42:49 PM  ← Delfofthebla left  ⇐ LovelyArmor quit
5:43:00 PM <Adrastos> Thank you for letting everyone talk :) It as really nice
5:43:01 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Yeah great meeting!
5:43:05 PM <@greatman> ill post it once kainzo give me the go :P
5:43:21 PM  ⇐ Wiki|malikdanab and Adrastos quit
5:44:22 PM <@Mod|Jonsoon> Off to work. Behave everyone.
5:44:37 PM ⇐ Mod|Jonsoon quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client
5:44:39 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I think once test goes live, skill gifs will resume progress
5:44:53 PM ⇐ [Herald]BaBomba quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:44:54 PM <DJAlphaWolf> For those who are interested in knowing of the progress that is
5:45:20 PM <+[Guide]Mistyckle> that'd be good, probably a good idea to wait til the skill is set too~ like in live form
5:45:36 PM <@Kainzo> Etk please restate
5:45:51 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Oookay, where to start
5:46:25 PM <DJAlphaWolf> I like test as a venue for the gifs because its much easier to get them done. I dont need to ask random people to pose for us.
5:46:25 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> I was thinking there should be more focus on not just getting players to join, but also make it easier for new players to receive the information they need to have a good experience on HC
5:46:59 PM ⇐ CoolBeans279 quit ([email protected]) Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
5:47:35 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> And I thought creating video tutorials for all the HC content would make it easier for newbies to learn, since people usually prefer watching a video than read a wall of text on the wiki
5:48:12 PM <DJAlphaWolf> That would in turn require wiki and herald teams to work more closely together
5:48:40 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Like short and sweet tutorials for each feature rather than long and heavy tutorials covering several things
5:48:43 PM <+T9|Witchy> have always wanted closer cooperation between wiki and heralds - have endeavoured to initiate this several times
5:48:48 PM <DJAlphaWolf> Which would help weave together a more close knit community anyways
5:48:53 PM <+T9|Witchy> really need the Heralds to be active, I'm afraid!
5:48:55 PM <+[Herald]EtKEnn> Possibly one video tutorial for each wiki page

pastebin format: http://pastebin.com/qU1A8vvZ

Last edited: