• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Combat Logging Tweak

Good idea?

• Total voters
First of all, please just say if this isn't possible.
Now, my suggestion is to make two 'types' of combat logging penalties, offering different punishments, primarily because the current combat logging system is a kick in the balls for anyone without a perfect Internet connection.
Punishment 1: All you have done is give damage, like attack a skeleton, then the penalty for combat logging would be losing the amount of exp equivalent to dying, but not actually dying. That way, if someone's Internet dies or their power goes out, they don't lose all their items to a zombie that has yet to even touch them.
Punishment 2: If you receive any damage (AKA get shot by a player or hit by a zombie) and log out then the current system of killing you on log-in takes effect.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I see a potential new system with this but I am not too sure what the downsides would be.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
As far as I have seen, Zombies dont trigger the combat log punishment, so the first one isnt needed (You dont want to know how many times I have crashed while killing mobs for levels).

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
There are already two types of combat.
Player and mob, if you get hit by a player OR hit a player then disconnect you will die.
Mobs do not effect the combat die thing, but they make you unable to regenerate health or join skirmishes/recall.
(I think).

macura

Diamond
I like the current system of combat logging, if you log out on someone you die twice. I personally don't think that mobs should combat tag.

I have lost all my items to a creeper that I got combat log punishment for losing Internet connection to.
Mobs currently trigger combat log punishment.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Incorrect.
Could you pleas describe the current system then?
Cause when I am playing this is how it works.

If you are talking about:
I have lost all my items to a creeper that I got combat log punishment for losing Internet connection to.
Mobs currently trigger combat log punishment.

That may be because of you loosing loosing internet connection, then the server may have held you online longer than you could control. And we all know whats happens when we can't control ourself in front of a creeper.