• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Collecting Health from dead enemies?

F

Falker57

As you may know I am not the best at suggestions(hehe) but I try to get my main idea across and let you guys critique it. I thought that a cool mechanic would be that when you kill an enemy in pvp they drop health that you could pick up to stay alive a bit longer. I saw this in Hawken and I thought it was pretty cool. The health you receive from your foe would only be like 1-3 hearts but it would be enough to stay alive. This would make team fights very interesting and I think it would make pvp much more dynamic. It would help unfair teamfights too(which everyone complains about :/) It could also fit in lore wise(sort of). Tell me guys what you think and how can we make this suggestion better :)

(PS: I think the dragoons would love this)

F

Falker57

Also I would like to add that I was not thinking X player kills Player A and X Player gets HP automatically. I was thinking more along the lines of A Player drops something when he dies(something from mc maybe XP orbs?) and then allies or enemies can take grab that hp.

macura

Diamond
Also I would like to add that I was not thinking X player kills Player A and X Player gets HP automatically. I was thinking more along the lines of A Player drops something when he dies(something from mc maybe XP orbs?) and then allies or enemies can take grab that hp.
I'd rather have it as the killed gets the kills automatically gets the health in my opinion. If you were getting 2v1ed and you killed one of the guys but his ally gets the health that would screw you even more. Overall this would be awesome because it would discourage people running around with a ton of noobs to swarm others.

F

Falker57

I'd rather have it as the killed gets the kills automatically gets the health in my opinion. If you were getting 2v1ed and you killed one of the guys but his ally gets the health that would screw you even more. Overall this would be awesome because it would discourage people running around with a ton of noobs to swarm others.
Eh I still like the idea of droping something instead of just getting the health automatically. Maybe partyd members dont get it idk...

Teerian

Gold
Tera Online has a feature kind of like this. There's a small chance for a monster you kill to drop an orb that either gives you an instant percentage heal (I think it's 10-15% of max?) or a heal over time depending on which type drops. While I think people can survive just fine without it, such a PVP feature might be good for melee classes especially.

The only thing that concerns me is do certain warrior classes really need this? Paladins, for example, take tons of damage before they're even threatened to the point of burning Lay Hands. Samurai, as another example, can slaughter most classes in a matter of seconds. Would you really want to see either of these gaining health from their kills? I certainly don't, and it wouldn't really be fair to give it to most classes but exclude those two even if they don't need it.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Tera Online has a feature kind of like this. There's a small chance for a monster you kill to drop an orb that either gives you an instant percentage heal (I think it's 10-15% of max?) or a heal over time depending on which type drops. While I think people can survive just fine without it, such a PVP feature might be good for melee classes especially.

The only thing that concerns me is do certain warrior classes really need this? Paladins, for example, take tons of damage before they're even threatened to the point of burning Lay Hands. Samurai, as another example, can slaughter most classes in a matter of seconds. Would you really want to see either of these gaining health from their kills? I certainly don't, and it wouldn't really be fair to give it to most classes but exclude those two even if they don't need it.
Make it a Bloodmage skill, that works for the entire party, for around 1 minute, and has a 5 minute cooldown so it can't be cast in the same fight again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This would be more of a skill/passive rather than a global setting. It could work for a PVP-mini game like Hunger Games though.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Dear god, bloodmages do not need this skill to all that have suggested we give it to them. :confused:

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Link this to a passive trait that could called "vampirism" or "undead." The affected player will get a small health boost for each kill, but will take damage from sunlight. The trait can be transmitted, with maybe a 5% chance of infection each time player is killed by another who has this trait. It can be "cured" by visiting a command block shrine at Spawn that checks for certain special items in the player's inventory: if they are all there, activating the block removes the items and the disease.

And Vamp players do NOT drop the health boost thing for other Vamps.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Link this to a passive trait that could called "vampirism" or "undead." The affected player will get a small health boost for each kill, but will take damage from sunlight. The trait can be transmitted, with maybe a 5% chance of infection each time player is killed by another who has this trait. It can be "cured" by visiting a command block shrine at Spawn that checks for certain special items in the player's inventory: if they are all there, activating the block removes the items and the disease.

And Vamp players do NOT drop the health boost thing for other Vamps.
Lets make the infection like poison

Teerian

Gold
The more I think about this idea, the more I lean towards not liking it. Every incarnation I think of or read over seems like it would just have too much potential for abuse or balance breaking.