• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Coding Team App: Tezlaz

tezlaz

Wood
1. Minecraft IGN:tezlaz
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age:16 (14/01/98)
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States):+12GMT (New Zealand)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?:4 years
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?:8 months (on and off)
7. What is your level of Java experience?:Fairly good.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:No plugins.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I've always enjoyed messing around with computers since I was a kid. I've been messing around with code since I was eight,
but only started to really "program" since a few years ago. I'm familiar with a lot of programming languages, but have not
completely "mastered" a language yet. The two languages I'm most familiar with are Java and Casio Basic (I program on my
calculator in classes at highschool/college since most of the subjects bore me. Since you're looking for a Java programmer
and not a calculator programmer (obviously), I decided to quickly remake a program I've been working on with my calculator for
about 11 weeks (4000+ lines of code on my calculator). It's a text based RPG. To be honest, my calculator is more impressive due
to me actually animating some things in it and being able to create and RPG out of something with 54kb of RAM. I'll attach the src
at the bottom of this wall of text. Anyways, I hope my callibur of skill is something that you would like on your team.

Kindest Regards
Tez.

Link:http://pastebin.com/w64Law3G

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN:tezlaz
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age:16 (14/01/98)
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States):+12GMT (New Zealand)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?:4 years
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?:8 months (on and off)
7. What is your level of Java experience?:Fairly good.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:No plugins.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I've always enjoyed messing around with computers since I was a kid. I've been messing around with code since I was eight,
but only started to really "program" since a few years ago. I'm familiar with a lot of programming languages, but have not
completely "mastered" a language yet. The two languages I'm most familiar with are Java and Casio Basic (I program on my
calculator in classes at highschool/college since most of the subjects bore me. Since you're looking for a Java programmer
and not a calculator programmer (obviously), I decided to quickly remake a program I've been working on with my calculator for
about 11 weeks (4000+ lines of code on my calculator). It's a text based RPG. To be honest, my calculator is more impressive due
to me actually animating some things in it and being able to create and RPG out of something with 54kb of RAM. I'll attach the src
at the bottom of this wall of text. Anyways, I hope my callibur of skill is something that you would like on your team.

Kindest Regards
Tez.

Link:http://pastebin.com/w64Law3G
It seems that you have a basic understanding of java, which is good. Usually for new coders we'll have them create skills based off our Heroes API.

http://hc.to/javadocs <<
http://pastie.org/private/kpg3wrjmqdmugeejlb8sg <<< sample skill for our older public api.

------------------------------Mini Plugin ------------------

DragonRide
First joining users will join the server riding a dragon to configurable points, users will dismount the dragon once they reach the end point. Users joining after their first join will not ride dragons.

config.yml
startpoint: XYZ
endpoint: XYZ

Knowledge Required:
PathFinding / points
Bukkit

tezlaz

Wood
It seems that you have a basic understanding of java, which is good. Usually for new coders we'll have them create skills based off our Heroes API.

http://hc.to/javadocs <<
http://pastie.org/private/kpg3wrjmqdmugeejlb8sg <<< sample skill for our older public api.

------------------------------Mini Plugin ------------------

DragonRide
First joining users will join the server riding a dragon to configurable points, users will dismount the dragon once they reach the end point. Users joining after their first join will not ride dragons.

config.yml
startpoint: XYZ
endpoint: XYZ

Knowledge Required:
PathFinding / points
Bukkit

Awesome. I'm working on our plugin right now ;)
I'll bump this thread and add a link with src when I'm done.

tezlaz

Wood
Going to give you an account on git.hc.to <<< so look out for a password. Store code there.
http://git.hc.to/admin/users/tezlaz

Thanks, and thanks for giving me a chance. The plugin is coming along nicely at the moment, it's just taking a while because I'm not used to working with Bukkit's API. All is well though. Soon we will have a kick-ass, dragon flying plugin ;D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks, and thanks for giving me a chance. The plugin is coming along nicely at the moment, it's just taking a while because I'm not used to working with Bukkit's API. All is well though. Soon we will have a kick-ass, dragon flying plugin ;D
Alrighty - make sure to upload source to the above repo under your name.

tezlaz

Wood
Alrighty - make sure to upload source to the above repo under your name.

Just thought it would be nice to give you an update on how things are going.

Learning the bukkit API wasn't very easy due to the sheer size of it, but after some looking and planning I decided the best way to approach this would be to edit the behaviour of the EnderDragon by using NMS (net.minecraft.server) methods. This allows me to change its pathfinder goals from "MUST SMASH, MUST KILL!!!1111!!" to it flying to a given point (XYZ). The rest is actually pretty easy. I've begun coding it, but I'll be fairly occupied from tomorrow onwards. I'll keep on working on it whenever my time is free, and I'll upload the source to our Github repo when I'm done.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just thought it would be nice to give you an update on how things are going.

Learning the bukkit API wasn't very easy due to the sheer size of it, but after some looking and planning I decided the best way to approach this would be to edit the behaviour of the EnderDragon by using NMS (net.minecraft.server) methods. This allows me to change its pathfinder goals from "MUST SMASH, MUST KILL!!!1111!!" to it flying to a given point (XYZ). The rest is actually pretty easy. I've begun coding it, but I'll be fairly occupied from tomorrow onwards. I'll keep on working on it whenever my time is free, and I'll upload the source to our Github repo when I'm done.
Cool - also make sure to join #heroes on IRC - @Ampayne2 im sure wouldnt mind helping if you have any in-depth questions.

tezlaz

Wood
Cool - also make sure to join #heroes on IRC - @Ampayne2 im sure wouldnt mind helping if you have any in-depth questions.

Update #2:
After messing around with NMS for a while, I managed to figure out pathfinding. I can spawn a custom mob when a player logs in (since it is a custom version of an already existing mob, I can edit its properties), make the player mount it, and make the mob move from ABC to XYZ. I'm getting pretty close to completing this mod, but I'm leaving for a few days to spend time with my girlfriend. When I get back, I just need to consult Ampayne2 about how to mount a player on an enderdragon because the enderdragon is a special mob and therefore its a bit different. I'll keep you posted :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update #2:
After messing around with NMS for a while, I managed to figure out pathfinding. I can spawn a custom mob when a player logs in (since it is a custom version of an already existing mob, I can edit its properties), make the player mount it, and make the mob move from ABC to XYZ. I'm getting pretty close to completing this mod, but I'm leaving for a few days to spend time with my girlfriend. When I get back, I just need to consult Ampayne2 about how to mount a player on an enderdragon because the enderdragon is a special mob and therefore its a bit different. I'll keep you posted :)
Upload code > git.hc.to - part of being on a team is the ability to collaborate and read others code :)

tezlaz

Wood
Upload code > git.hc.to - part of being on a team is the ability to collaborate and read others code :)

Update #3
Changed the zombie entity to the enderdragon entity and everything turned to failure because the EnderDragon is a weird mob.
Started completely over again. I'll upload my code to github, but it's far from finished or working now. Messing with NMS is very overwhelming. I talked to Ampayne, but he isn't very familiar with it either. I researched online, and NMS seems to be the only way to do it without relying on an external library (most of which are out of date). At the moment, it's just a cluster of confusion and failure.

EDIT: Can't upload yet as I don't have an account on herocraft's github

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update #3
Changed the zombie entity to the enderdragon entity and everything turned to failure because the EnderDragon is a weird mob.
Started completely over again. I'll upload my code to github, but it's far from finished or working now. Messing with NMS is very overwhelming. I talked to Ampayne, but he isn't very familiar with it either. I researched online, and NMS seems to be the only way to do it without relying on an external library (most of which are out of date). At the moment, it's just a cluster of confusion and failure.

EDIT: Can't upload yet as I don't have an account on herocraft's github
You have an account - please check your email (junk maybe) if it doesnt work, hop on #heroes and msg me.

Also - use DragonTravel or another similar plugin to review their src on how they're managing enderdragons.

tezlaz

Wood
You have an account - please check your email (junk maybe) if it doesnt work, hop on #heroes and msg me.

Also - use DragonTravel or another similar plugin to review their src on how they're managing enderdragons.
That's where I went off from. It's just a pain sorting through all of the useless and irrelevant code to find the tiny snippets that are useful. I'm trying my best though :p