• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Coding Team App: Mirithal

Mirithal

Gold
Minecraft IGN: Mirithal
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 26
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central Time Zone
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I've been playing minecraft off and on for a year.
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: I've just recently joined Herocraft.
7. What is your level of Java experience?: I have 6+ years java experience in a collegiate setting. I will complete my masters degree in computer science in May 2012 (really soon!), and work primarily in java. I have done 3 internships with java guis and general logic and know a few other languages as well.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: I have not worked on any plug ins or open source stuff, which is why I'd like to try to join you guys here at Herocraft!
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: As stated before, I have plenty of formal training in Java programming language (and ruby, perl, PHP, .net, C, C++, C#, assembly). I would greatly like to build a better resumè for game development and hope this will start in me in the right direction. Besides, I love java language and have to contribute to game development within the language somehow! I'm an open book if you'd like to know more, simply ask!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Minecraft IGN: Mirithal
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 26
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central Time Zone
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I've been playing minecraft off and on for a year.
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: I've just recently joined Herocraft.
7. What is your level of Java experience?: I have 6+ years java experience in a collegiate setting. I will complete my masters degree in computer science in May 2012 (really soon!), and work primarily in java. I have done 3 internships with java guis and general logic and know a few other languages as well.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: I have not worked on any plug ins or open source stuff, which is why I'd like to try to join you guys here at Herocraft!
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: As stated before, I have plenty of formal training in Java programming language (and ruby, perl, PHP, .net, C, C++, C#, assembly). I would greatly like to build a better resumè for game development and hope this will start in me in the right direction. Besides, I love java language and have to contribute to game development within the language somehow! I'm an open book if you'd like to know more, simply ask!
Greetings Mirithal!
Good to see you apply for Coder! As you may know, 90% of our communication in regards to plugin creation is done via IRC, on esper.net #Heroes (we also have a private channel that'll invite you to once you get the basics down)
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#Heroes&server=irc.esper.net

Looking forward to see more of you :)

Mirithal

Gold
I've been hanging around the last few days, for sure. I'll be around even more - worry not! I look forward to contributing!