• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Codexes, accidents waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright... well... I been hearing quite some things about codex lately...

Yes it does give quite some new money in the server, a new market... but there 1 problem that I been seeing: Accidental codex usage by right clicking.

I know we are suppose to be careful about them, but I have seen 3 people already accidentally using them and changing their class when they did not want to, for example 1 guy trying to open his chest with the codex in hand.

So here is my sudgestion: Add a confirmation thing like we have when we /hero choose. This way, someone can type cancel without using the codex in hand, and make it that there are a lot less accidents that can happen.

Cause seriously, what can be more annoying then to be level 65 enchanter or merchant, and transform to a level 1 farmer by accident... Because you were trying to open a chest.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Alright... well... I been hearing quite some things about codex lately...

Yes it does give quite some new money in the server, a new market... but there 1 problem that I been seeing: Accidental codex usage by right clicking.

I know we are suppose to be careful about them, but I have seen 3 people already accidentally using them and changing their class when they did not want to, for example 1 guy trying to open his chest with the codex in hand.

So here is my sudgestion: Add a confirmation thing like we have when we /hero choose. This way, someone can type cancel without using the codex in hand, and make it that there are a lot less accidents that can happen.

Cause seriously, what can be more annoying then to be level 65 enchanter or merchant, and transform to a level 1 farmer by accident... Because you were trying to open a chest.
Yeah I accidently right clicked on a codex IMO I think there should be a hero confirm for codexs

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Saying that it can't be done when I kinda think there are ways to actualy work on it.
Here is what I think. When using /hero choose command, if possible, make it that before using the money, it checks the inventory of the person. If a codex of that type is in the persons inventory, then the person can then change classes to that class.

Another thing that I seen before is that maybe you can make it that the item must be used 2 times with a right click to use it. Something like a opened book, and that there a 5 second timer for the book to close by itself.

Or even, as last resort, a skill that would be for changing job, that would take as regent one of each codex, and would permit people to change.

Those are the sudgestions I have. I know some would not be possible easy, but it might be better to at least try.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
In the future, maybe. However -it states very clearly on the item that it requires a right-click to consume. I suggest you read.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Design it better.
I am currently learning java so that I CAN help design.

I get that you personally did Relics. That is impressive.
Do not forget that you also had a really impressive Confirmation command for your server's class changes for the past few years.

Leaving this unfixed will lead to ragequits, especially since you have said that you plan to raise the value of relics/class changes. Please restore the standard of play that we have been used to, as the fact that now the first "Command" is just an item+ right click makes accidents much more likely.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're going to add a warmup and a way to "cancel" the warm up - however, nothing will be done immediately as this takes time to do and change.

It clearly states on the item how to change the class and that it is consumable. This will have to do for now. I've put a dev working on a fix and this is not the original intent of the items but is a good change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.