• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Codex] Confirm on USE

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I was told this was thrown out there earlier and isn't possible, but wanted to make sure. I was holding a codex in my hand that I wanted to sell and used it by accident when I got attacked by a spider. I think there should be a confirmation on use or a little more difficult process to using a codex rather than just a right-click. When we type the command it asks for confirmation, so there's no reason why there shouldn't be for the codices if there is a way. Thanks!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I was told this was thrown out there earlier and isn't possible, but wanted to make sure. I was holding a codex in my hand that I wanted to sell and used it by accident when I got attacked by a spider. I think there should be a confirmation on use or a little more difficult process to using a codex rather than just a right-click. When we type the command it asks for confirmation, so there's no reason why there shouldn't be for the codices if there is a way. Thanks!
I think it has something to do with the way codexs work. iirc they activate admin commands to force change class. So there IS no confirmation.
Either way, if there IS a way to make it confirm that would be nice.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it has something to do with the way codexs work. iirc they activate admin commands to force change class. So there IS no confirmation.
Either way, if there IS a way to make it confirm that would be nice.
Right, and if they do that, perhaps it could be set up to activate a check command which subsequently activates the admin command on confirmation.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Might it be possible to add a command like [/hero codex <class>], and the command requires the codex specified, and it will change you to the class?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Might it be possible to add a command like [/hero codex <class>], and the command requires the codex specified, and it will change you to the class?
I'm sure someone would love to code 500 skills that require specific codexs as reagents and could change your class.

Or we could just use a /confirm thing

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I'm sure someone would love to code 500 skills that require specific codexs as reagents and could change your class.

Or we could just use a /confirm thing

It would only be one skill, but yeah, trying to go through every codex and determine what class it is from its lore/name - no.

I'm sure there's an event on codex use. It would be lazy to have it just call /hero admin class or whatever. Could look into it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It would only be one skill, but yeah, trying to go through every codex and determine what class it is from its lore/name - no.

I'm sure there's an event on codex use. It would be lazy to have it just call /hero admin class or whatever. Could look into it.
I'm pretty sure it calls admin commands. Kainzo posted the lost soul codex code somewhere and I'm pretty sure it calls for admin commands.