• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Code App - Nicodemeus

Nicodemeus

Wood
MC Name: Nicodemeus / Age: 15 / Timezone: EST (East Coast USA)
Position applying for: Coding Team
How long have you been playing Minecraft: Since Alpha (3-4 years)

Here's a wall of text I want you to read (it'll answer all the questions and much more):
I joined Herocraft more than a year ago, but I left after a month (or two) since the server grew boring for me due to the lack of an RPG/Adventure storyline. Around this same time, I was also active in other servers, such as Savage Realms and Shotbow (and later Wynncraft and Hypixel).

Around that same time, I started learning how to make Bukkit plugins on my own. I had no previous knowledge of Java, but by searching the forums and wiki, I quickly gained an understanding of Bukkit's workings. A few of my friends approached me and we attempted to start up a server. I made a classes plugin, while my other friends built and funded the server for about 3 months, before we decided the project was not viable and gave up.

The old classes plugin was lost, but I made a new one and have been working on it myself ever since. I tested out lots of my own stuff, and simply used Bukkit/Minecraft as a creative outlet. (Frankly, if I ever get this position, I would love to spend time testing out stuff with the Balance Team).

I also experimented with creating bosses and scripted events, and from seeing bosses on other RPG servers, I can say confidently that I can create much more intense and fun boss fights than the ones you've seen. I'll even be willing to show someone on the Herocraft team an example or two.

This summer, I started taking Computer Science as an actual course, so I've learned a bit more about enums, hierarchies, and all of that dazzle in a separate environment from Bukkit. In fact, I'm writing this in the morning, and I'm about to go off and take the final exam. :)

If you've read all the way through, thanks a lot.
TLDR: I would be honored to be accepted as a Herocraft dev, since I'm eager to create stuff that can reach Minecraft players, rather than just being able to only show it to my friends.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
MC Name: Nicodemeus / Age: 15 / Timezone: EST (East Coast USA)
Position applying for: Coding Team
How long have you been playing Minecraft: Since Alpha (3-4 years)

Here's a wall of text I want you to read (it'll answer all the questions and much more):
I joined Herocraft more than a year ago, but I left after a month (or two) since the server grew boring for me due to the lack of an RPG/Adventure storyline. Around this same time, I was also active in other servers, such as Savage Realms and Shotbow (and later Wynncraft and Hypixel).

Around that same time, I started learning how to make Bukkit plugins on my own. I had no previous knowledge of Java, but by searching the forums and wiki, I quickly gained an understanding of Bukkit's workings. A few of my friends approached me and we attempted to start up a server. I made a classes plugin, while my other friends built and funded the server for about 3 months, before we decided the project was not viable and gave up.

The old classes plugin was lost, but I made a new one and have been working on it myself ever since. I tested out lots of my own stuff, and simply used Bukkit/Minecraft as a creative outlet. (Frankly, if I ever get this position, I would love to spend time testing out stuff with the Balance Team).

I also experimented with creating bosses and scripted events, and from seeing bosses on other RPG servers, I can say confidently that I can create much more intense and fun boss fights than the ones you've seen. I'll even be willing to show someone on the Herocraft team an example or two.

This summer, I started taking Computer Science as an actual course, so I've learned a bit more about enums, hierarchies, and all of that dazzle in a separate environment from Bukkit. In fact, I'm writing this in the morning, and I'm about to go off and take the final exam. :)

If you've read all the way through, thanks a lot.
TLDR: I would be honored to be accepted as a Herocraft dev, since I'm eager to create stuff that can reach Minecraft players, rather than just being able to only show it to my friends.
We actually just formed a team for the Adventure release, using MythicMobs and Denizens for quests, are you familiar with these two?

Nicodemeus

Wood
We actually just formed a team for the Adventure release, using MythicMobs and Denizens for quests, are you familiar with these two?

I just searched them up, and they're very easy to grasp (they don't require knowledge of Java and only require you to create configs). I could probably start making my own bosses and NPCs right now with them, even without prior experience.
However, this isn't entirely what I had in mind when I read the forum post that was recruiting coders.

I hope there are other options that require involve coding plugins in Java.

If you could add me on Skype sometime, I would like to show you some of the stuff that I've made, that has much more flexibility than MythicMobs or Denizens.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just searched them up, and they're very easy to grasp (they don't require knowledge of Java and only require you to create configs). I could probably start making my own bosses and NPCs right now with them, even without prior experience.
However, this isn't entirely what I had in mind when I read the forum post that was recruiting coders.

I hope there are other options that require involve coding plugins in Java.

If you could add me on Skype sometime, I would like to show you some of the stuff that I've made, that has much more flexibility than MythicMobs or Denizens.
We're actively looking for Balance team coders, I wont have time to add everyone on Skype, however, we do use IRC a lot. join http://hc.to/irc and we'll go from there, creating usable skills for Heroes is the first step of most of our developers :)