• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Closed Alpha Keys Giveaway for Total War: Arena

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I got 3 Alpha keys for Total War: Arena if anyone is interested to try it out. It's currently in development, but personally I've enjoyed over 40 hours of playing it so far during the closed alpha.

Here is the steam page if you want to learn more about the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/227520/
It's similar to World of Tanks, just that there is no Pay2Win and it is focused on ancient warfare rather than tank warfare.

If you want one, comment below with your Steam username and I will add you and send it to you via Steam chat.

PS: My steam username is 'Kenneth {EtK}' so make sure to accept when I send you a friend request.

Last edited:

MajDeath

Portal
Not really sure how you compare TW to WoT.... but.... ok.....
Hoping I get a key eventually.
Being able to progress faster in WoT really isnt P2W (gold tanks are craptastic but get more ingame money)
EXTRA NOTE: War Thunder master race.
Also, because I can't stop defending a crappy game for some reason. It once had premium ammo, but now you can buy that with ingame money so everyone has it.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Being able to progress faster in WoT really isnt P2W (gold tanks are craptastic but get more ingame money)
Also, because I can't stop defending a crappy game for some reason. It once had premium ammo, but now you can buy that with ingame money so everyone has it.
You confuse me

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I compare it because Total War: Arena is not a classic Total War game. Sure it uses the Total War engine and very similar combat style, but Total War: Arena is more of a fast-paced multiplayer game focusing on cooperation between players in terms of strategy and unit synergy.

Stupid work. Totally would've gotten one otherwise :(
You still got a shot at getting a key if you sign up here:

https://playarena.totalwar.com/

It hands out keys whenever there is a vacant spot for the alpha testing, with some luck you might receive one.

They just released a fourth map and some more unit balancing a few days ago, but I still expect several more maps and more premium customization options in game before the game gets released. Right now it has two in game currencies, where as one is premium but can only buy you customization options rather than advantages in battles. I am excited to see how this will look at release, because the game is already in a great state and if they will continue improving it then I do not doubt it will be a huge success.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Either I have no idea how to play this game or my teammates are always idiots...Because charging archers across a river with heavy infantry will definitely work.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Either I have no idea how to play this game or my teammates are always idiots...Because charging archers across a river with heavy infantry will definitely work.
In lower tiers there is just so much you can do against archer spam since cavalry is unlocked at Tier IV and up. Heavy Infantery can get kited, but if they get within a short distance of the archers one well timed Heavy Infantery Charge can easily annihilate several archer units within seconds. Though I agree that charging archers accross a river is an unwise move, however you need to get accross that river one way or another if you want to take down their base so having heavy infantery with an ability such as 'Raise Shields' or 'Testudo Formation' lead the charge is wise since they can tank up much more missile damage.

In lower tiers, light troops such as Ionian Archers and Levy slingers will dominate the battlefield when played right. However getting unit xp into your low tier infantery such as Italian Infantry and Light Hoplites is essential for unlocking amazing heavy infantry and cavalry in later tiers. Personally I am an archer/slinger main, but when I play in Tier V matches and above I tend to stick with heavy roman infantery such as Italian Nobles or Legionaries. I recommend staying away from Levy Pikemen and pike units in general because at the moment they are in a very poor spot. Spear units are fine, but generally heavy sword infantry is the most powerful units out there at the moment.

Artillery is fine when used correctly to burst down priority targets and to weaken the morale of the targetted troops before they enter combat. However a team with too much artillery will usually find themselves in a spot where the extra artillery firepower does not make up for the lack of melee infantry or ranged missile infantry. 1 or 2 artillery commanders on a team is fine, but any more than that and a team is usually at disadvantage and should play passively to make full use of the artillery.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Could someone tell me the specs they have to run this game properly? My PC is probably too antique for it.
I don't know the exact specs, but the developers said that they have put way more effort into performance than graphics for this game. The game does not focus as much on details, animation and general graphics nearly as much as a classic Total War title, such as Rome 2 (2013) or Shogun 2 (2011). You should be able to run Total War: Arena even on an old computer, but if you read on the official Steam page for the game the system requirements are yet to be confirmed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227520/