1. Cleric ... can pretty much out melee anything. Imo smite really isn't the problem, it is ampul, might, and their tankiness.
2. Ampul is cleric's only heal without a warmup and if the cleric cannot get off a different type of heal because it is being interupted they can just used ampul.
3. The members of the party of a cleric do not need a damage bonus on top of heals that they are receiving.
4. Lastly their tankiness. IMO i find it ridiculous that a healer-support class can currently go head to head with melee specs and win, which they are easily able to do. I still think that they need their iron chest plate taken away.
I abbreviated ur post, not a direct quote. ^was a more comprehensive look at Cleric play than I had done, but we come down to the same thing: Cleric offensive solo PvP should be more difficult than it already is.
1. Depending on situation/opponent, Smite n' Kite can be the issue, or Melee survivability combined with competitive damage can be the issue. I agree that in both cases I see Cleric, a healer spec, winning too quickly/easily. They should be forced to outlast their opponents if we are keeping with lore and Kainzo's spec goals.
2. I would rather remove Ampul's ability to be bound to a name (unless it causes bugs), and test numbers for lowering the healing, before we add a warmup limiter to this skill and make it more similar to others. Identical heal skills across the board is boring. This #2 section is based largely on the goal of maintaining class diversity, I need to test Ampul more to see if it needs fixing.
3. I think that the 25% damage increase should last less than the full 3 minutes it currently lasts, but that the skill is good for lore, and if we decrease the damage buff it will not be very worthwhile even just from GCD, much less resource costs.
4. My objection to this is based on lore, and based on the fact that staff has used Lore as a reason to maintain Cleric's Iron Chestplate before. What if instead, we made it so that the only helmets Clerics could wear were gold helmets (with the aim of making clerics pvp without helmets)? I think that would be a unique and new, lore appropriate, way to fix cleric armor numbers, and I will edit this post with the results of no-helmet cleric reductions.