• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric Skill Suggestions

I'll start off by saying that I understand that Clerics are one of the tougher classes to kill, with their ability to heal. However, my suggestion is not intended to make the class any more powerful than it is now, but instead to create a little more versatility within the skills.

Currently when looking at the skills, every single ability is a heal of some sort besides Might and Smite. Clerics have so many heals that we end up only using a few of them and ignoring the rest. We currently have...

-Bandage
-Pray
-Ampul
-Chant
-Group Heal
-Full Heal
-As well as a single and group invulnerability

What I am suggesting is removing a few of the heals that tend to be ignored (bandage), and instead replace them with skills that give clerics more thought-provoking choices rather than just spamming heals.

One skill I was thinking of was an ability called Prayer- With a 3-5 second warm-up time this ability will "infuse" the players current weapon with 'holy power' allowing them to do increased damage to undead mobs (Zombies/Skeletons) for about 5-10 minutes. The damage increase would be about 50% increased melee damage and giving smite 50% more damage but increase the mana cost but 25%. The reason for this skill is due to personal experiences and talks with other clerics who understand how tedious it can be to fight mobs when they are in packs. Hoes just don't do enough damage to these mobs and it can take quite a few hits to kill one, and skeletons are just a total pain. I feel this ability doesn't overpower the class in PvP, but gives clerics more punch while adventuring/leveling.

I also suggest an ability that allows clerics to create some distance between them and PvP enemies. At the moment we pretty much just take a beating and have no way of creating separation. I was thinking of a skill called Holy Light- With a 2-3 second warm-up this ability blinds your target with bright light for 2-3 seconds making it difficult/impossible to see you. To keep it balanced the ability could have 20-30 second CD and reduce the healing done on the next ability by 25%. Without 'copying' skills from other classes like Kick/Root/Slow/Windwalk I feel this skill accomplishes it's goal while fitting the 'feel' of a Cleric.

-Let me know what y'all think. I just want to create some more unique skills for Cleric and give them something other than heals.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
The reason they must have bandage is because they can heal at lower levels before they get better heals. They do over 50 hp with their hoe with might. I thought that clerics were a tanking class. Ampul got taken out.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the idea of a short "false cc" like a blind/disorient, that was balanced by reducing the next heal by 15 or 25% is one of the most unique yet implement-able ideas of something to add to cleric.

The reason they must have bandage is because they can heal at lower levels before they get better heals. They do over 50 hp with their hoe with might. I thought that clerics were a tanking class. Ampul got taken out.

I understand that bandage makes sense for the lower levels, I just feel it has no use once they reach Pray. The level requirement for Pray could be lowered. I'm just trying to make 'room' for more skills, and not have a clutter of abilities.

Also 50hp with might only applies when using gold/diamond, besides I'm not looking to buff damage in PvP. I merely want to give the Cleric class the feel of a Cleric. You'd think that a priest/cleric would inevitably be capable of doing more damage to the undead.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
When I was a cleric I used bandage until I got better heals. Having pray is not enough because it has a long cooldown. I don't really think cleric needs this because they are already really powerful atm. I think they would fit in better with mystic. They do much less damage with their hoe. They could use a blind skill even more because they don't have alot of armor and need to get away faster. They are also not as good in pvp until they get bolt.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
When I was a cleric I used bandage until I got better heals. Having pray is not enough because it has a long cooldown. I don't really think cleric needs this because they are already really powerful atm. I think they would fit in better with mystic. They do much less damage with their hoe. They could use a blind skill even more because they don't have alot of armor and need to get away faster. They are also not as good in pvp until they get bolt.

Bolt isn't a life savior or game changer, when it comes down to comparing a cleric to a mystic, cleric will always win in almost all playing fields. They will also be chosen over a mystic in tournaments because clerics have better healing, invulns, and group buffs. A blind skill wont help a mystic in any form, what mystics need is a group buff (possibly), stronger group heals, and more armor.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Aoe heal , aoe invuln , undying armor , hp , tons of heals , and good damage on smite and if they add cc to cleric , you can't stop them.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Cleric is a pretty painfully boring class. To add emphasis to that, I was so bored that I actually switched from mastered Cleric to RANGER.

Cleric is a support-tank class. Ampul was taken out for lag issues and is waiting reimplementation.
Healing isnt for everyone - but how would you make it less boring?
Giving clerics a passive health regen or possibly replace a heal for a movement related spell would work.

Currently clerics have the slowest movement where any class can easily run from you or you can't run from them.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Currently clerics have the slowest movement where any class can easily run from you or you can't run from them.
Plenty of classes are that slow, and arguably classes that SHOULD be faster. I'm thinking of Ranger. I mastered both Cleric and Ranger and I felt a lot more survivable as a Cleric than I do as a Ranger where the only chance to escape is to logoff.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Plenty of classes are that slow, and arguably classes that SHOULD be faster. I'm thinking of Ranger. I mastered both Cleric and Ranger and I felt a lot more survivable as a Cleric than I do as a Ranger where the only chance to escape is to logoff.

Your joking with us right....

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Do you know what survivable means? Of course I felt more survivable with large amounts of low-CD heals and heavy armor...

Do you know what survivable means? Of course I felt more survivable with large amounts of low-CD heals and heavy armor...
well ranger is all about distance and cleric is all about healing allies(support). If you can move fast at all then how can you combat heal them?