• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric PvP - Smite

What do you think about a Cleric Smite change?

• Cleric Pvp is fine as is: a medium tanky, nice heals, no kiting class.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 1(Dmg scale w/WIS) looks best.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Option 2 (Range scale w/WIS) looks best.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Option 3 (Decreased CD) looks best.

• Option 4 (Slow's Target) looks best

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I think I have a better idea, read my response below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Cleric has decent heals and can be built to be decently tanky.

It has one skill that damages players. Smite. That's fine, Cleric is a Healer Class.

However, with no CC, mobility, or other damage skills, I think Smite needs a utility buff.

Option 1: Smite Damage scales with WIS, instead of INT. Overall would be a small buff to the PVP damage, could be a big buff to the PVE damage.

Option 2: Smite Range now scales with WIS. Would buff the skill's range allowing for kiting potential (remember, the kiting potential of a single target single damage skill is low no matter the range).

Option 3: Smite Cooldown is decreased, and mana costs balanced so that Cleric could choose between trying to focus the opponent down (always with a partner) or heal. A low cooldown smite could also be used more effectively to kite, although in this Option that would make the cleric Oom quickly.

Option 4: Cleric's Smite judges the target, slowing movement speed for a short while.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I think any of them would be good but 2 the best, smite damage is basicly clerics melee so it sorta sux

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Hmmm, personably I think a combo of 2 and 4 would work nicely. Obviously the range increase and slow would be minor if both were taken. If only 1 were to be added I would vote 4. I think allowing some distance between you and your target helps when running, and helps when chasing or fighting as they are slower (redundancy on that last sentince?)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The thing is, cleric runs out of mana quickly anyway.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
The thing is, cleric runs out of mana quickly anyway.
Yes, some of the best builds Ive run have been 40 wisdom builds to counter that. Its a playstyle that requires a strong group to protect you, since you can't afford many other stats after that ;)