• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric Mana Modification

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
Hey everyone. I have been playing cleric a lot the past few days and have some ideas on how the cleric works. It is definitely a tanky support class. Usually there needs to be a couple members in a party with a cleric for it to really bring out its power. As a team playing class it uses lots of mana to heal ones self and allies. To make a comparison I'll use a wizard. A very offensive class that deals heavy damage in spells with 234 Max MP compared to the cleric which has 228 Max MP. As a cleric it is hard to distribute the mana to yourself and party members. You could say in a party as a cleric you can distribute 78 MP to each player of a 3 person party (including yourself as a cleric). This is roughly 3 "sacredtouch" spells per person in a party of 3. While a wizard has 234 mana for there personal use for attack spells as well as a replenish mana ability. This is partially balanced as the cleric has the ability to wear chainmail armor and an iron chestplate but a cleric only has 1 attack move which is smite (60 damage to targets and 100 to undead targets) which isn't really useful for pvp. There are two ways of executing the upgrade. Currently the cleric has a regen rate of 6% per 5 second tick. This could be upgraded to 7 or 8% or a the cleric could be given an ability to replenish mana. Unfortunately this takes away the team-fighting aspect of the healer. What could be done is to give the skill "holy water" (which heals 100 health via splash water bottle) a mana replenishing affect as well. Which I think would be the best choice. I think 30-40% would be fair in comparison to other classes. It would help allies and you which would keep the spirit of the cleric.

Pros:
-Gives cleric more ability potential. (healing mostly)
-Personal PvP support.
-More mana (obviously)

Cons:
-Buffs Cleric slightly (which I think would balance a bit more)
-More personal fighting capability (clerics are meant for party support)

Please discuss and if you have any pros or cons I will add them to the list. Thanks!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think clerics are a pretty good class as of now, but as you said, with the smite nerf they are completely group dependent for the most part. The only classes they would really even want to consider fighting in pvp are those who wear next to no armor, as their melee dmg will be laughable against anyone in chain armor or better. Add to that the fact that anyone can basically just run away from them and they really are a group based class unfortunately.

Regarding mana regen, I would love for them to get a yaulp type spell that could be balanced to be situational in pvp. Since staff have programmed disciple to heal on melee hit this should be possible. I would propose something like:

Spell - Yaulp - 15 mana, 10 second cooldown, lasts 10 seconds.
The cleric will obtain 3 mana on each melee hit for the next 10 seconds. Cannot Trigger more than once per second.

With the initial mana cost and only lasting 10 seconds, you could feasibly actually lose mana using this ability, especially in pvp where you will have to kite and evade and cannot just run at people left click spammin. This ability would make clerics stronger overall, but would make them more fun to play also and I dont think it would be overpowered really. But could test on test server to see how goes.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Another ability i would love to see given how annoying healing other people can be without macros specific to each persons name.

For all healer classes -

Healing Touch - For x seconds your melee attacks (left click) are anointed with healing power, healing any target you melee for 50 health at the cost of 5 mana per effect. You cannot do damage with your weapons during this time period. Can trigger a maximum of once per second.

I dont even think this would be OP on blood mage or disciple. For bloodmage, it cant heal you, and you would have to be in the middle of all the fighting to heal others, whereas you typically want to kite at max range to fight effectively. For disciple, you give up the ability to do damage with melee weapon until the effect expires, so it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I wish i had some kind of clue how to program, would love to help make and test skills bleh.