• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class Tree Things Using T2 Classes

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I have an idea for basic skill tree things!
We have T2 classes.
Ex.) Shadowblade
So, I have an idea. We'll use Ninja for this example of how this would work.
T2 Specifications:
Spec 1:
Shadowblade
New Attribute Points Allocated for smoke and blind and stuff to last longer/be more efficient or something.
Also, one new skill, as T2 classes are supposed to get? Something that increases the ninja's arsenal for stealth.

Spec 2: Name Needed. Basically parkour spec
New Attribute Points Allocated for more mobility
One new skill is a mobility skill.

Spec 3: Name Needed. Basically short stealth high dmg spec
New Attribute Points
New Dmg Skill

TL;DR Some more customization back since the loss of attribute point allocation choice? Feedback pls.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
So pretty much like more "branches" off of the T1, correct? I don't know, if we add too many classes Balancing will become a hassle. That and new classes don't exactly get done in a short amount of time. Nice idea though, +1 for creativity :)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Unless they find a way to fix the grind, no.
Especially cause if they were anything like T2 it will be hardly worth it, whether due to lackluster increases, too much grind, or whatever else.

While I DO like the idea of more paths, that would also mean more balance. Also, Higher tiers were meant to only be slightly strong than T1 so each tier would have only offer slight increases.

Long story short: It'd be really hard to make this worth it. +1 for the idea though

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe this is basically like having a sub-class for T2, the way I'm interpreting it. Basically, you go into T2 and then are able to choose a focus point, like he's stated. You could call it like having 3 different T2 classes per T1 if you really wanna go that far.

Corium

Stone
Class trees are a wonderful idea, however a proper way to implement them would be more along the lines of....having a basic class of Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric to signify the 4 basic archetypes of playstyle ( Face to Face- Melee/Range/Stealth- Magic- Support/healing) and then break those down into sub archetypes.

You'd have Basic classes with basic skill sets for learning the playstyle of the class, a low XP threshold for leveling ( quicker levels as to hit the next "branch").

Then Tier II would actually be Minor Specialization trees such as Paladin, Shadowknight, Dragoon etc. Classes that follow the idea of the playstyle but branch off into independent subtypes that are completely unique in skill and combat management. Paladin beats face while throwing small heals around the group and inspiring greater performance, Shadowknight does the same but reversed... demoralizes enemies while draining their life, while the Dragoon focuses on picking off enemies one by one with distinct single target attacks with higher damage but longer cool downs and additional mobility skills to help seperate that one target from the group.

I could go on for DAYS with class concepts, but I think the idea is clear to see, Point allocation is just a way of Min Maxing... which for some is fun( and by "Fun" I mean it makes them get the most out of what they want and continues pushing them to be better than everyone else) but not for all. Some just want to woller in their class and enjoy the playstyle.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Class trees are a wonderful idea, however a proper way to implement them would be more along the lines of....having a basic class of Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric to signify the 4 basic archetypes of playstyle ( Face to Face- Melee/Range/Stealth- Magic- Support/healing) and then break those down into sub archetypes.

You'd have Basic classes with basic skill sets for learning the playstyle of the class, a low XP threshold for leveling ( quicker levels as to hit the next "branch").

Then Tier II would actually be Minor Specialization trees such as Paladin, Shadowknight, Dragoon etc. Classes that follow the idea of the playstyle but branch off into independent subtypes that are completely unique in skill and combat management. Paladin beats face while throwing small heals around the group and inspiring greater performance, Shadowknight does the same but reversed... demoralizes enemies while draining their life, while the Dragoon focuses on picking off enemies one by one with distinct single target attacks with higher damage but longer cool downs and additional mobility skills to help seperate that one target from the group.

I could go on for DAYS with class concepts, but I think the idea is clear to see, Point allocation is just a way of Min Maxing... which for some is fun( and by "Fun" I mean it makes them get the most out of what they want and continues pushing them to be better than everyone else) but not for all. Some just want to woller in their class and enjoy the playstyle.
Going off of this, we could go back to a "Lost Soul" style system, where you need to master a broad category (Support, Rogue, Warrior, Caster). You need to get up to level 20 in it, and it has a little bit of the skills from different classes within the category, and you can get a feel for each kind of class within the category. Have the class get a broader variety of skills, but make them weaker for balance issues. Once you get level 20, you can spec further into Wizard, Ranger, Cleric, Paladin, etc. from whatever category you initially picked. Once you master those and can move to T2, you can spec further once again into what the OP was suggesting.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Going off of this, we could go back to a "Lost Soul" style system, where you need to master a broad category (Support, Rogue, Warrior, Caster). You need to get up to level 20 in it, and it has a little bit of the skills from different classes within the category, and you can get a feel for each kind of class within the category. Have the class get a broader variety of skills, but make them weaker for balance issues. Once you get level 20, you can spec further into Wizard, Ranger, Cleric, Paladin, etc. from whatever category you initially picked. Once you master those and can move to T2, you can spec further once again into what the OP was suggesting.
This would just be regressing into the old system.