• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class Titles - Should they be shortened?

Should Class Titles be shortened?

• Total voters

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The chat box/system in Minecraft sucks - the titles may appear too large for some. This isnt a debate whether we should HAVE titles (they're here to stay) It's a polling to see if we want to shorten them or not.

Example:

[o] [Dragoon] Kainzo: Hello guys, I hate you all!

vs

[o] [DRG] Kainzo: Hello guys, I hate you all!

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not too fond of titles either way. That is, I don't care for them. I do think that some of the chat output is rather windy though: Heroes: [Dragoon]Applelove(*) killed X with Y
If the "Heroes: " part is axed, it will probably be fine, or atleast bearable. Maybe titles should stick to 6-8 characters, rather than 3 or the full title: "D.Knight" instead of "DreadKnight"

All that being said, I'd very much like a '/title prefix REMOVE' feature. There wasn't one listed in title help.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Ambivalent, but it would be nice for all prefix titles to be the same length.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not too fond of titles either way. That is, I don't care for them. I do think that some of the chat output is rather windy though: Heroes: [Dragoon]Applelove(*) killed X with Y
If the "Heroes: " part is axed, it will probably be fine, or atleast bearable. Maybe titles should stick to 6-8 characters, rather than 3 or the full title: "D.Knight" instead of "DreadKnight"

All that being said, I'd very much like a '/title prefix REMOVE' feature. There wasn't one listed in title help.
I think thats a fair bet - we'll try to restrict and make sure it doesnt impede on the automatic messages like SKill use etc.

MrJudo

Gold
I'm thinking more beginner friendly and to do that puting the full would be better.

Axcess

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm stating No, because I would like to let Heroes 3.0 run for a bit and then start looking for suggestions. Perhaps after awhile, shortening them will be nice. I'm with Dazereus if you decide to shorten. Make sure that all titles are conforming in length just for cosmetics' sake.

[o said:
[DRG] Kainzo: Hello guys, I hate you all!

As a Starcraft 2 nerd I immediately think of DRG as MVPDongRaeGu :)

Anyways, I think it is fine as it is, I haven't had any problems so far.