• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class Switching

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
If I recall correctly the original discussion for class switching it seemed as if staff intended to make class switching expensive to stop the super rich from abusing it. However we forget that a lot of players remain comparatively poor and might choose a class and then realize they don't like that class. My suggestion to fix this is to have two separate class switching options:

Level Saving Method: Same as the planned method, requires lots of money.

Total Restart Method: Every level you've made in every class is completely erased. Allows newbies to class switch in case they choose one that they decide they hate later on.

Dunno if its needed but I think it'd be a nice option to have.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm, not sure how to 'price' it fairly but think it should have a big 'cooldown'. Something like once or twice per realtime day (or maybe once per minecraft day...)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
My vote goes to level-saving. Days-long cooldown seems to be the way to go. 3 days?

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
Well the idea is to offer both methods. So rich active players can switch class but not lose all their progression and poor less active/newer players aren't screwed over. If you choose the free method you lose all your levels in the class, but the money method you get to keep your progress in exchange for cash.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will be implementing "class" switching costs soon - for now you can do it freely. HOWEVER, once you master, you will be able to choose a new class. I think we will add in "save levels" so if you get to X level it will save, etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well the idea is to offer both methods. So rich active players can switch class but not lose all their progression and poor less active/newer players aren't screwed over. If you choose the free method you lose all your levels in the class, but the money method you get to keep your progress in exchange for cash.
I think this might be an interesting idea...