• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class Ideas, Dungeons, T3, and ideas for economy

Algsa777

TNT
Here are a few of my suggestions to diversify the economy and make the game more interesting and potentially have more longevity.

The Sponsor class and the Firekeeper profession. -
  1. Sponsor would be either of the healing archetype or it's own archetype do it's unique nature of being a crafter that fight/leads.
    • The idea of a Sponsor class came from my time playing a now defunct MMO called Megaten where a notable economic thing to do was to play plates for dungeons and get a team to basically play it for you since it gave great exp and decent rewards (for example Ichigo Golds were sponsered by ppl who got their lv25 license and have a party of 4 lv90s+ to do the run for them.)
    • Would be basically an upgraded Lost Soul that has buffs and the ability to craft Gold Plates (will go into detail for that in the Dungeons section of the thread) and Keys to access rooms/routes/bosses in dungeons.
    • Primary stats would be Charisma and potentially a Luck attribute that increases chances of drops and bonus dmg if the time to code it was added
    • My suggestion for the mats to make these keys and plates would custom items that are metals and jewels and adding souls.
  2. Firekeeper would be a different version of the Runesmith with the theme of travel and resurrection.
    • The idea of the Firekeeper obviously comes from Dark Souls and the they the work would be similar.
    • Firekeepers can make a finite normal of bonfires that act as mini graveyard/herogate hybrids. They would allow for people to respawn in close proximity within a very small no-PvP, no-Mob zone and could be linked up to other bonfires (this would be a finite amount of links ofc) by the Firekeepers that 'tend' them.
    • The use of teleporting between bonfires would consumes souls based on how far away the links are, and could possibly give a 9-slot cheap lwc that had taxes on it.
    • The downside of the bonfires to keep Firekeepers relevant others than the finite normal of bonfires is the fact that they will burn out, the closer to being burnt out will mean that possible respawn range would be lessed and links could potentially fail leaving to stranded somewhere between the destination or possibly in the nether, and when burnt out all the links are broken to that bonfire along with the no-PvP, no-Mob zone, but can be rekindled by Firekeepers using souls and regents.
    • Firekeepers would also be able to burn offerings that give temporary buffs to the ppl that spawn while the offering is burning.
Dungeons -
Dungeons would take the forms of temples, ruins, etc. and be sparsely littered across all maps and have instances where a party will fight through rooms of mobs, parkour, and traps to fight a boss and then receive a key to open one of the randomly generated 10 boss chests. Each Dungeon would require a plate to enter it and follow a basic Bronze, Silver, and Gold guideline with Bronzes being able to bought from NPC merchant in the dungeon lobby zone, Silvers being purchased with both souls and regents from the NPC merchant, and Golds only being accessible by the Sponsor class. Other than the basics Bronze, Silver, and Gold there could be a potential for a bonus Crystal plate that can only be achieved by collecting a rare drop from each of the dungeon's run and giving them to a NPC merchant with souls and extra regents or a Sponser with a few souls to create: giving access to a hardcore version of the dungeon with multiple bosses and epic loot.

The purpose of these dungeons would be a money sink, place to grind, and also a place to get rare/unique loot that would simulate the economy while providing endgame content other than just hoarding souls to make a kingdom or just raiding.

T3 -
My idea for T3 is basically have a merging of classes and professions, with each class having 2 options that each correspond to a different profession allowing the two to merge their role and give a new improved role. Professions would then be able to choose from the same selection of options and then allow people to choose to be more combat oriented or proffession oriented with the T3s all being in one pool of options with variating degrees of fighting to job ratios!

Other Ideas for the economy
-Coming soon!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Gunna be harsh here……… i think Fire Keeper is stupid do to placing respawn points to trap and camp enemies or not having to recall/get gtped back into town if killed by raiders dungeons are already being worked on, I dthink (if I understand right) T3s would be like having a 2nd profession kinda? Or a better profession or around those lines, I think that's pretty stupid to just cuz we wanna keep all the professions balanced, and it would just be way to easy to make money

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Way too cluttered of a suggestion:
Do not waste time explaining the old MMO you used to play.
Do not suggest 4 huge things in a single thread.

If you want the best response, put the best effort forward.

On-topic:
Sponser: Best case scenario, this idea is morphed into a Profession that utilizes dungeons to make a profit.
Dungeons: In-coming already.
Firekeeper: Basically can set up Bed-Camping spots. No. Harassment heavy mechanic. Plus, we have Graveyards and Herogates for a reason.
T3: Would break balance if it was Epic, would be a waste of time if it wasn't. We have talked about a new tier for a while, it would require multiple class mastering and would have to be fun without being too strong. And your idea of merging profession and combat classes seems difficult, not optimal for fun or utility, and we already have a two choice system.