• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class Gameplay Vids

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey Everyone!

As a new member of HeroCraft, I haven't really PvP'd or anything, and I certainly don't know what it's like to play as a master of a certain class. I think it would be really cool to have some lvl. 60 people show off the full skillsets for their classes -- i.e. have a Ninja or a Wizard demo all their moves. This would help me make a decision on what path I would like to take, and it would just be cool to watch :) Can anyone take some time and make some quick vids?

Thanks!
-Reacher

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This wouldn't be too hard to do. Perhaps make a short video showing each skill and ability kind of like how it is in LoL when you read on a champion. PewPewPewLasers - Perhaps we can do something like this, gather footage of skills from all classes and post 1 video for each class simply showing every skill being used on someone?

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
This wouldn't be too hard to do. Perhaps make a short video showing each skill and ability kind of like how it is in LoL when you read on a champion. PewPewPewLasers - Perhaps we can do something like this, gather footage of skills from all classes and post 1 video for each class simply showing every skill being used on someone?
Sure, sounds like a great idea.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
If you do this than put the vids on the wiki for each class.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes, it'll be on the wiki for each class. We would only need 1-2 guys other then me and Pew to be the ones who show off the skills and a guy who is a "target dummy". Doing this on the test server would be much easier then searching for 28 different master classes. (finding lvl 30 paths would been really hard as people spec at once) We would need a player to get his levels and class set everytime we record a new video. We'd need Kainzo or Danda for that.

Small suggestion? Try doing them as a spoof of the Meet the Team videos.
Imagine, one of each class in a dirt shack, fighting against a identical team in a wood shack. As the videos go on, each 'character' gives a basic overview of what they do, usuàlly with comedic results (for example when looking at the Alchemist profession, it could end with it throwing a splash poison at the leader of the 'team', leading to the alchemist being knock-backed out of a window.)

Funny accents optional.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It's not a simple thing to do. First off we need to find people from all classes and paths. Then go into a PvP area where there is a chance some random asshole will jump in and attack us. Then having to video edit hundreds of clips into 20 videos (all paths and specs) and then spend hours uploading it to Youtube. Combine this with daily activities IRL and christmas. I could start working on it during the holidays, but I'll be gone on vacation most of the time.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not a simple thing to do. First off we need to find people from all classes and paths. Then go into a PvP area where there is a chance some random asshole will jump in and attack us. Then having to video edit hundreds of clips into 20 videos (all paths and specs) and then spend hours uploading it to Youtube. Combine this with daily activities IRL and christmas. I could start working on it during the holidays, but I'll be gone on vacation most of the time.
I literally do zero of anything other than sleep abnormally more than anyone else. I have -some- editing skills, and for what I don't have, Tormentro will likely help me with. So if you guys want me to help out, just give the word, I'd also like to represent Samurai in the videos if possible :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I literally do zero of anything other than sleep abnormally more than anyone else. I have -some- editing skills, and for what I don't have, Tormentro will likely help me with. So if you guys want me to help out, just give the word, I'd also like to represent Samurai in the videos if possible :p
Sure, you're level 60 right? The videos will just be a show-off the skills/spells and with a description of what they do basically, nothing special really. Just footage of a class using it's skills, scaling after levels and with some text below explaining effects etc.

We also need a target dummy that is willing to die

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Sure, you're level 60 right? The videos will just be a show-off the skills/spells and with a description of what they do basically, nothing special really. Just footage of a class using it's skills, scaling after levels and with some text below explaining effects etc.

We also need a target dummy that is willing to die
Well we could even add voice explanations, if we are willing to hold off until Christmas, I will have a pretty decent mic to do a voice over with.

EDIT: Yeah I'm 60 :3 and I can do text on the video pretty easily.[DOUBLEPOST=1356084503,1356084422][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, do we have a Herocraft Youtube channel?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Well we could even add voice explanations, if we are willing to hold off until Christmas, I will have a pretty decent mic to do a voice over with.

EDIT: Yeah I'm 60 :3 and I can do text on the video pretty easily.[DOUBLEPOST=1356084503,1356084422][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, do we have a Herocraft Youtube channel?
The HC youtube channel is even promoted on this website, top right corner -.- The text on the video is no problem at all. I've also gotten myself a new video editing program that I am testing with :)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The HC youtube channel is even promoted on this website, top right corner -.- The text on the video is no problem at all. I've also gotten myself a new video editing program that I am testing with :)
Well I was looking at it all and not to offend, but it just looks like a kids youtube channel with random crap thrown on it, while still pertaining to the subject. Why don't we fix it up a whole bunch? First off, I recommend removing any out of date tutorial based videos, Then we can move on to other random videos and whether or not they belong. However, I think we need a community channel where everyone can submit videos to put up (This keeps clutter from the channel and allows the videos to still be up.)

While we do this, I can get to work on some new tutorial videos if you like, I can script up some of the class showcase videos among any other extra stuff you want.

(Mind you this is only my suggestion and input, you do not need to do this if you do not want.)[DOUBLEPOST=1356088892,1356088709][/DOUBLEPOST]Also forgot, we should also setup some playlists.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Well I was looking at it all and not to offend, but it just looks like a kids youtube channel with random crap thrown on it, while still pertaining to the subject. Why don't we fix it up a whole bunch? First off, I recommend removing any out of date tutorial based videos, Then we can move on to other random videos and whether or not they belong. However, I think we need a community channel where everyone can submit videos to put up (This keeps clutter from the channel and allows the videos to still be up.)

While we do this, I can get to work on some new tutorial videos if you like, I can script up some of the class showcase videos among any other extra stuff you want.

(Mind you this is only my suggestion and input, you do not need to do this if you do not want.)[DOUBLEPOST=1356088892,1356088709][/DOUBLEPOST]Also forgot, we should also setup some playlists.
Yeah, one playlist for Tutorials, one for Gameplay, one for cinematic stuff and one for class reviews?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, one playlist for Tutorials, one for Gameplay, one for cinematic stuff and one for class reviews?
That works :p I've already scripted a few rough drafts for tutorial based videos, but I'm tired D: and I will need help scripting the class review videos.