• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Citicenship

Am I overreacting?

• Total voters

Corriban

Coal
This place is wonderful! A wide array of powers, diverse world.... But I would like to say one thing: This place has few civil obediant members. I understand that this is a Player vs. Player server, but at least add something in so people can survive.

1. Require either a certain level or weapon to choose your class type.
2. Have it required to reach a certain level before you can fight other players.
3. Make sure that players who are not ready to fight have a symbol that states this.

i am not saying anything negative, i just find myself getting killed not by my own stupiditry, but by evil players of high levels. Give the people freedom to play through without the possibility of a higher level raiding our stuff.

agentjwall

Godly
Violence only comes natural with a PvP focused server. you'd be surprised how many good factions and groups there are on the server though. A good way to get started is head on over to the Towns sub-forum and apply for a town. There are dozens of towns that would be glad to help you get started (look for [Good] if you want specifically peaceful towns).

Alternatively, there are many Guilds that focus on helping new players so you can check there too.

Corriban

Coal
Hardcore or not, let n00bs start off safely. Heck, add an area meant for noobs to start. n00b city!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Joining a good town is the easiest way to avoid getting killed constantly. A lot of times avoiding main roads is smart as well or use herogates to get around.

I killed you earlier, and I understand why it may seem like it's unfair, but mastered players worked hard to stay alive and do the leveling under constant threat of being killed by a large percentage of the community. Heck, back at the start of the map, the only way my town and I avoided dying was sticking together in big groups. We'd gang up on anyone who tried to get us. Once we all spec'd nobody could take us out easily.

Find a good town. Mine to level 10 crafter (extremely easy). Kill a few mobs using the materials you mined until you reach level 10 of your combat class. Set your recall in a town, anyone, just be careful at which one you choose. You'll die a lot less this way.

Remember that this is hardcore, and that there are no handicaps for new players. While it's hard to live the life of a hermit in the wilderness, town life is pretty easy going so long as your town's security is half decent and the player base of it isn't full of idiots. Something I rather dislike about this server is how safe towns are at this time. Soon, however, town walls and glass ceilings won't keep raiders out, and I can't wait for that day.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Hardcore or not, let n00bs start off safely. Heck, add an area meant for noobs to start. n00b city!

We have that already, it's called spawn ;) And new players are free to join towns for protection as well. Other than that we don't want to have a care bear server and hold people's hands throughout their journey :p But there are many many people willing to help new players out, you just need to ask!

ThatAintFalco

Portal
The only thing that could help newbs are

1. Making spawn more easier to get out. ( Specific directions, less distractions likes fancy houses and portals.)
2. Tutorial Island like Tibia and Runescape

SomeDwarf

Wood
Even better idea: Log in when a couple people are on. There mostly afk or very far away. And the roads aren't choked full ganks, or none at all.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This place is wonderful! A wide array of powers, diverse world.... But I would like to say one thing: This place has few civil obediant members. I understand that this is a Player vs. Player server, but at least add something in so people can survive.

1. Require either a certain level or weapon to choose your class type.
2. Have it required to reach a certain level before you can fight other players.
3. Make sure that players who are not ready to fight have a symbol that states this.

i am not saying anything negative, i just find myself getting killed not by my own stupiditry, but by evil players of high levels. Give the people freedom to play through without the possibility of a higher level raiding our stuff.
we're working on a new system to prevent this :) (Karma)

agentjwall

Godly
Thank you Kainzo. How will "Karma" work?

It's a mystery! The illusive karma system has been in the works for quite some time now and we know very little about it...

What we know so far:
  • The actions you take will either shift you towards a 'good' or 'bad' karma state.
  • Killing good players will harm your karma, killing bad players will improve it.
  • Attacking players first will harm your karma (self defense is OK).
  • You/your town get different perks depending on your karma rating.