• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Chosing a Class that fits just right

Nukadokuu

Gold
Hey everyone, just wanted some feedback/thoughts of some of the classes. As of this post I'm a level 57 Bloodmage, but I'm looking to switch once I max. Problem is, there's always things to consider, and I'm hoping you all can provide some insight that will help me decide. I have a few I'm debating between, but I'd like to leave those out just to hear opinions on all classes, not just ones I may be favoring. Who knows, maybe one of you will make a great case for a class I hadn't been considering, lol.

Factors to consider
1. Intent to PvP at/near max level
2. Possible intent on joining a Town for PvP
3. Usefulness in Groups and Solo
4. Might be just me, but trying to target people to heal them is a nightmare, any solutions?
5. I currently don't use addons, but might use the Hero Modpack if Forge ever decides not to hate my computer

Also trying to think of the Adventure Map when it finally comes out. I know we're a ways off, but I want to hear thoughts and opinions for possible group theories.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Seems like your issue is with keybinds. Pretty sure you dont need forge, just liteloader. Maybe try a wizard if healing is not your thing. Healing really requires keybinds to be any kind of effective.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey everyone, just wanted some feedback/thoughts of some of the classes. As of this post I'm a level 57 Bloodmage, but I'm looking to switch once I max. Problem is, there's always things to consider, and I'm hoping you all can provide some insight that will help me decide. I have a few I'm debating between, but I'd like to leave those out just to hear opinions on all classes, not just ones I may be favoring. Who knows, maybe one of you will make a great case for a class I hadn't been considering, lol.

Factors to consider
1. Intent to PvP at/near max level
2. Possible intent on joining a Town for PvP
3. Usefulness in Groups and Solo
4. Might be just me, but trying to target people to heal them is a nightmare, any solutions?
5. I currently don't use addons, but might use the Hero Modpack if Forge ever decides not to hate my computer

Also trying to think of the Adventure Map when it finally comes out. I know we're a ways off, but I want to hear thoughts and opinions for possible group theories.
Paladin is a really good choice, so is Disciple atm For Healing and Group/Solo Usefulness

Nukadokuu

Gold
Thanks for the thoughts. I've mainly been debating between Dragoon, Paladin, Ninja, Runeblade, and Wizard. Thoughts on those specific five?

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Thanks for the thoughts. I've mainly been debating between Dragoon, Paladin, Ninja, Runeblade, and Wizard. Thoughts on those specific five?

Dragoon - Great if you want that extra mobility out of a warrior, enough to chase down a runner and finish him off.

Paladin - If you die, you're doing it wrong. Instant near full heal, tons of tankiness, a bit of cc, though not much mobility

Ninja - Great specific burst damage, but it can be a bit difficult, also expect to carry a lot of reagents.

Runeblade - Probably one of the best burst rogues/classes out there. Great for suprise attacks, though I didn't get to play this much in my time

Wizard - Magical death for everyone! very good for kiting/bursting/magically destroying stuff, but it doesn't have the best of hp. The gtp and port are some of the most useful skills out there imo, probably best to go this for an adventure map