• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Chestshops not returning 40c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I have done this twice now. I broke my redstone shop once(today) and my gold shop once(2 months ago) and neither refunded me. Can this be looked into?

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
So they cost 50c each and return 0 now?[DOUBLEPOST=1366734591,1366643356][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm confused here. Do merchants get refunded for chestshops anymore?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
yeah, I had to re-price several shops last night and lost 300c from it.... kinda crappy =( I also had to reimburse warmachinexp for his gold shop creation 3 times since I made him move it. Thats ALOT of money :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, there was some instances of abuse with the refund... I'm not 100% having any kind of refund is a good idea at this point.

Still not sure.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If you are going that route, Merchants should at least still get the refund. I feel like they are getting the shit end of the stick here. I still have 20 or so shops to destroy from when I was a merchant because they were not profitable. Now I am going to lose even more money destroying it.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
How are shop refunds being abused? Its not like you can make money from it? you just get a portion of the original cost back....

As a trial, I put up a chest shop for each color of wool in my undercity so anyone who joins my town can have access to colored wool for decorating purposes etc... I accidentally made them all way too high and I lost 300+ coin resetting the dumb signs....

if we are unable to get a refund, we should at the very least have the ability to adjust the price on a shop without spending ANOTHER 50c to adjust the price. Thats just an insane way to go if you want people to be having chest shops and a marketplace....

That's my 2 cents worth.

<3 <3

~Ravynn~

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There is a large exploit with it, but it's not something we're going to tell people how to do :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Used to not get any refund at all from chestshops.. heh - we knew of one possible issue with it and we want to make sure its gone before re-enabling it.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Is there any way to add someone else to the chest shop so they can add / remove inventory for you ?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there any way to add someone else to the chest shop so they can add / remove inventory for you ?
No
Used to not get any refund at all from chestshops.. heh - we knew of one possible issue with it and we want to make sure its gone before re-enabling it.
I hope something is in before the new TD is up. I just counted, and I have 40 chestshops to move into the TD. That's 1600c I will lose, and have to spend another 2000c. :(

Estilla

Wood
If I may, maybe it'd be a good idea to lower the price of making shops. That way it won't hurt as much if you mess something up r have to move. :3

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Estilla this thread is 2.5 years old! Please don't reawaken dead issues. (Also this thread is a bug report. Head to hc.to/suggestions to make suggestions, please.)

The cost of making chestshops is quite moderate, and I understand you still get part of the cost refunded when you take the shop down. The cost is intended to encourage players to think carefully about chestshop placement and not just place them all over the place.

Estilla

Wood
@Estilla this thread is 2.5 years old! Please don't reawaken dead issues. (Also this thread is a bug report. Head to hc.to/suggestions to make suggestions, please.)

The cost of making chestshops is quite moderate, and I understand you still get part of the cost refunded when you take the shop down. The cost is intended to encourage players to think carefully about chestshop placement and not just place them all over the place.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see a post date anywhere, so I didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.