• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Chests inside a township no longer protected??

Theshadown

Stone
The chest inside my town where protected against outsiders even if they weren't inside a region but now it seems anyone can open them..

Idk if the initial protection was the bug or not, but we built our town around that knowledge and now it is not working anymore....

-The chest ARE inside the town limits (10 blocks from the hamlet center)
-The town is active (nothing tells the opposite)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
If this is in it was intended.
Global coverage was part of the original Townships 3.0 that Multi built.
Not a bug.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The chest inside my town where protected against outsiders even if they weren't inside a region but now it seems anyone can open them..

Idk if the initial protection was the bug or not, but we built our town around that knowledge and now it is not working anymore....

-The chest ARE inside the town limits (10 blocks from the hamlet center)
-The town is active (nothing tells the opposite)
Use /lock or cover / hide them. As of Friday (Alator announced this a few weeks ago) it is no longer protected.

Theshadown

Stone
How comes this is not listed in the wiki nor in the ingame (spamer) help messages? It's not even clearly announced with big red letters in the announcements forum.... we are a group of 5 active players and none of us got any warning.

No matter how u see it, this was a huge slip from part of the staff.....

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
How comes this is not listed in the wiki nor in the ingame (spamer) help messages? It's not even clearly announced with big red letters in the announcements forum.... we are a group of 5 active players and none of us got any warning.

Covering chests with dirt became second nature to people because it was always part of the game until this map. The server help messages are basic mechanics not updates coming to the server plugins. As kainzo said, alator and other admins made it clear that the chest protection was not meant to stay, and warned in game as well on the forums:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

I'll place this under the Townships section of the wiki. But it WAS announced a while back that blanket chest protection wasn't staying.

eparttubi

Dirt
So, any new player that didn't play on the old map has no way of knowing this ?.

The wiki says nothing about this change and there was no big announcement that the chest protection was going to be removed (we are playing for a couple of weeks already and i have never seen such announcement)

This is horribly misleading for people that just start and look at the wiki for information without a proper announcement how were we supposed to know that the chest protection was going to get removed. (this leads to weeks of gathering resources lost and no way to stop it since the pve area does not allow to kill people that are stealing right in front of you)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
People should be more aware of the server before they start to complain about it. When I first started I was a noob but not so much that I didn't read the wikis a bit and signed up the forums. If players can't follow these simple tasks (and even so because I think that the tutorial clearly states these things) then they shouldn't have the right to come here and say whatever they want; even the people that ask questions on the in-game help-chat are better than those that will do this.
Btw, what happened to doors being openable? I thought that was supposed to be a part of the update?

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
People should be more aware of the server before they start to complain about it. When I first started I was a noob but not so much that I didn't read the wikis a bit and signed up the forums. If players can't follow these simple tasks (and even so because I think that the tutorial clearly states these things) then they shouldn't have the right to come here and say whatever they want; even the people that ask questions on the in-game help-chat are better than those that will do this.
Btw, what happened to doors being openable? I thought that was supposed to be a part of the update?
Doors are able to be opened within a super-region, but if the door is protected by a sub-region (i.e. a house) it's locked from the protection of the house. Although, I think it doesn't work for the new door types, but I haven't tested that since 3.0's initial release.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Doors are able to be opened within a super-region, but if the door is protected by a sub-region (i.e. a house) it's locked from the protection of the house. Although, I think it doesn't work for the new door types, but I haven't tested that since 3.0's initial release.
It does not. Currently only works for Oak Doors.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

So, any new player that didn't play on the old map has no way of knowing this ?.

The wiki says nothing about this change and there was no big announcement that the chest protection was going to be removed (we are playing for a couple of weeks already and i have never seen such announcement)

This is horribly misleading for people that just start and look at the wiki for information without a proper announcement how were we supposed to know that the chest protection was going to get removed. (this leads to weeks of gathering resources lost and no way to stop it since the pve area does not allow to kill people that are stealing right in front of you)
It's on the wiki.
This WAS announced. If you don't read the forums for updates that is your own fault.

Theshadown

Stone
I check the announcement forum because some patches are there, but this was in a sub-sub forum... And any player who like us, made a town on the last weeks was supposed to read all previous posts to figure out if anything was going to change in the future?

This is no minor change we are talking about, its huge for new players and a single line in a sub-forum of the announcement is by no way the proper way to do it...

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I check the announcement forum because some patches are there, but this was in a sub-sub forum... And any player who like us, made a town on the last weeks was supposed to read all previous posts to figure out if anything was going to change in the future?

This is no minor change we are talking about, its huge for new players and a single line in a sub-forum of the announcement is by no way the proper way to do it...
Stop complaining. Start bouncing back.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2

Deal with it, if you make a town and can't handle something as easy as checking a forum post then you shouldn't be making the town in the first place.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

You can burn them. You also don't need to stay in PVE just go south and kill people

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I agree, @Theshadown , even though this change had been proposed for weeks, it would have been in the community's interest to have a very clear announcement a couple of days ahead of its actual implementation. Somewhere where the greatest number of community members was likely to see it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, @Theshadown , even though this change had been proposed for weeks, it would have been in the community's interest to have a very clear announcement a couple of days ahead of its actual implementation. Somewhere where the greatest number of community members was likely to see it.
Honestly? I didn't see this coming. I assumed Alator was not finished with his update so it was on hold. I will admit a global announcement would've been nice (Or at least a warning for the Wiki Folk, we get flak for this not being there, we didn't know it was happening either)