• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Chest Shop Guide

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
[size=large]Currently Sign shops require t3+ to make and only t1+ can sell to them (anyone can buy)[/size]
[size=large]
How to make a sign shop
[/size]you place a sign above a single chest to look like this:
signshop.png

On the sign you place the info like this
First Line: empty (It will auto place your name)
Second Line: (Quantity #)
Third Line: (Buy price):(Sell price)
Fourth Line:It will auto fill this line based off the item placed in the chest

making the sell or buy price 0 will disable the ability to buy or sell form that shop.

When done it should say sign shop registered.

[size=large]How to Buy and sell from a shop[/size]

you can switch between selling and buying by using /sell or /buy
Right click the sign shop and it will give you the item and charge you the cost of the item. It will pay the owner of the shop even if they are offline.
selling will take the quantity specified by the sign from the inventory and pay you the sell price.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-iconomychestshop-v0-96-chest-shop-for-iconomy-440.4150/

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
RE: Sign Shop Guide

if you use item numbers instead of names how are people apposed to know what there buying?

LIST OF ITEMS CURENTLY NOT WORKING
TNT
COAL
DIAMOND
ARROWS
FEATHERS
FLINT
PORKCHOP
SMOOTHSTONE HALF STEPS
EGGS
i have tried many diffrent types of the same item names doesint work

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I can change it to use ID's instead - but people would have to memorize the ID's - and that would suck.

we'll play around with this on test in a bit.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3

sheddi said:
if you use item numbers instead of names how are people apposed to know what there buying?

LIST OF ITEMS CURENTLY NOT WORKING
TNT
COAL
DIAMOND
ARROWS
FEATHERS
FLINT
PORKCHOP
SMOOTHSTONE HALF STEPS
EGGS
i have tried many diffrent types of the same item names doesint work

Add:

Fish
Fishing rods

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5

Kainzo said:
I can change it to use ID's instead - but people would have to memorize the ID's - and that would suck.

189 items on the list, that's BD items in hex. Perhaps if we gave each item a two-digit hex value ID, and then sorted them such that the sixteens digit represents a category, and the ones digit represents an item in that category.

Example:
1X (Tools) = {10 (Wood Pick), 11 (Stone Pick), 12 (Iron Pick)...}
AX (Food) = {A0 (Meat), A1 (Cooked Meat), A2 (Bread)...}

Honestly? I wouldn't want to do this, since it'd just be memorization anyway, but it's better than memorizing 189 random item IDs. Maybe someone can take this idea and improve...?

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3

toadsworth29 said:
toadsworth29 said:
Can anyone use it?

Can anyone use it?

atm, only t3+ can make a sign shop but this will be moved to a profession when that plugin is done. Anyone can buy but I think only t1+ can sell while the plugin is still being tested

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7

[size=medium]Area was bugged, today it all worked fine... [/size]

[size=xx-small]I cannot add stock to a chest after I make a Sign that sells stock. I get a message that says "Don't Steal" when I click the chest to fill it. I know the sign is correct and working because it tells me i can buy my own stock.

It's my region, I'm on as owner, I'm T5 ?

I don't know whats wrong...

ALSO when I get that fixed/figured out:
do you need to LWC these chests or do they self lock as when the sign is made[/size]

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
adding stock is very simple, i think: just sell... it will take your money, and give it back to you ^^

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
So I got my stuff working today,

Add these to non working list
What is the word code for "Birch Logs?"
also cant see to sell "Wood" Logs

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo isnt this System using MySql Data bases for backside info retrieval? if so couldn't you add another column in it that which reflected the true name of the item and in the formula cell call that item's name to show, instead of the (my basic grasp of Mysql leads me to believe that any item can be renamed thru redirects.?)

Or does this cause problems with the client side programming not able to call functions?

Airbus101

Kainzo said:

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
So, if I understand this correctly, if the 2nd line says 32 and the 3rd line says Buy 5, then I am buying 32 items for 5c ? If so, what if there were only 20 left in the chest?

Also, if we LWC the chest to private, doesn't it prevent otherss from buying from it?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
TheTXLibra said:
So, if I understand this correctly, if the 2nd line says 32 and the 3rd line says Buy 5, then I am buying 32 items for 5c ? If so, what if there were only 20 left in the chest?

Also, if we LWC the chest to private, doesn't it prevent otherss from buying from it?

if there is not enugh left in the chest for people to buy, one will just get the message "shop out of stock!" this will also be given to the owner of the shop.

One has to LWC the chest to private, else people can just steal directly from the chest. The sign shop gives the stuff in the chest at the cost of the coins you pay. You right click the sign to buy. The chest is there only for the owner of the shop.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Where do I find the Item ID #'s for the chest shops?

UPDATE:

here are the HEX code for all the items so you can sell them in your sign shops!!! you may need an additional sign explaining whats beig sold since we dont speak Hex.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Data_values