• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chaos & Order (New Skills)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Looking for the player base to give me ideas of names / skills and what they're supposed to do, I have a good idea of things I can put in but as a community leader, I'm looking at the community to fill in some gaps.

What do you think would be cool to see in a skill for these new classes?

Chaos Skills: 10 skills total (5 offensive, 2 buffs, 1 debuff, 1 self-heal, 1 utility)
  • Abyss
  • Cosmic Strike
  • Disorder
  • Great Chasm
  • Obsolete Evolution
  • Muddle
  • Disarray
  • Call of Chaos
  • Soul Abortion

Order Skills: 10 skills total (5 offensive, 2 buffs, 1 debuff, 1 self-heal, 1 utility)
  • Balance
  • Heroic Strike
  • Call of Order
  • Ordain
  • Destine
  • Word of Command
  • Divine Focus
  • Force of Will
  • Abandoned Suffering

Jreems

Legacy Supporter 8
Make it soul absorbtion and have it be a mass aoe that does 300 damage on 5 min CD that heals for 30% of damage delt.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Force of will, that makes me think of the jedi mind trick. Would that be some sort of snare/slow? Forcing the enemy to rethink their life.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
im surprised heroes does not hav a skill like this yet, Divine Focus, you teleport to your location 4 seconds ago

Jreems

Legacy Supporter 8
I like munches idea, but when they go back, they deal aoe damage to that area ad heal. its like ekkos ult in league

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Well before I look into skill descriptions, we need to work something out. Both classes need clearly defined roles, both being different. If both of these classes have the exact same skill roles then there will always be a slightly better class between the two, which wouldn't make sense. I'm not quite sure what @Kainzo wants these classes' roles to be in pvp, I was under the impression order would be the healer with some decent damage, while chaos would be good damage with little sustain.

If kainzo agrees with this, we should change around what kind of skills each class has.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
One's role is order, the other is chaos.
What I'm saying is that right now, it says each class has the exact same type of skills: offensive, buff, heals, etc.
If they both have the exact same types, what's the difference between chaos and order? Oder needs less offensive/debuff and more heals and utility, while chaos is the other way around.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe Order would be more of a team player since Order is all about Unity, while Chaos would be a solo character since Chaos is about independence and Anarchy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What I'm saying is that right now, it says each class has the exact same type of skills: offensive, buff, heals, etc.
If they both have the exact same types, what's the difference between chaos and order? Oder needs less offensive/debuff and more heals and utility, while chaos is the other way around.
This is intended. They're both masters of 6 randomized classes.
Maybe Order would be more of a team player since Order is all about Unity, while Chaos would be a solo character since Chaos is about independence and Anarchy.
Really dont want to make that separation between a group class and a solo class.

What we could do is, one could focus on debuffs, while the other on buffs. Stripping buffs, negative effects for chaos and the opposite for order.
There's a lot we can do here. Right now they dont have the same abilities and when we do make that dive for unique skills, we need to make sure it fits the roles.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Have you considered only having chaos? You could make their skills randomized, which is interesting (think chaos magic). Order just seems like its going to be yet another healer/buffer. Having randomized skills kind of makes having the best armor and weapons in the game a little less gamebreaking... (not by much mind you).

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Looking for the player base to give me ideas of names / skills and what they're supposed to do, I have a good idea of things I can put in but as a community leader, I'm looking at the community to fill in some gaps.

What do you think would be cool to see in a skill for these new classes?

Chaos Skills: 10 skills total (5 offensive, 2 buffs, 1 debuff, 1 self-heal, 1 utility)
  • Abyss
  • Cosmic Strike
  • Disorder
  • Great Chasm
  • Obsolete Evolution
  • Muddle
  • Disarray
  • Call of Chaos
  • Soul Abortion

Order Skills: 10 skills total (5 offensive, 2 buffs, 1 debuff, 1 self-heal, 1 utility)
  • Balance
  • Heroic Strike
  • Call of Order
  • Ordain
  • Destine
  • Word of Command
  • Divine Focus
  • Force of Will
  • Abandoned Suffering

*EDIT*. this was written on mobile, so fuck you autocorrect.

I'm not a balance master but here's some ideas for chaos:

Abyss, a sort of debuff or blind, or possibly a silence. Abyss follows the same concept of void magic, which is what's causes silences in the runeblade skill set.

The Hero/Villain strikes their target wth the very force of the cosmos around them, dealing 143 (or so) magical (or physical) damage to their target, and casing their target to explode a magic burst three seconds later, dealing no damage to the first target but dealing 50ish Magic damage to enemies around him (including the Darkmaster) and silencing those enemies for .5 seconds. Long ass CD decent-high stamina/mana cost.

Disorder
Based on Munch's skill, teleports the user to their past location 4 seconds ago, and blasting an AoE beguile in their past location, also dealing some minor magic damage.

Great Chasm:
The Darkmaster creates a cloud (for use with particles) that deals a small tick damage to those inside, and slows them.

Obsolete Evolution:
The dankmaster master evolves past the current limitations of man and is capable of extremely power arcane attacks, but in this form they cannot wear armor, and their melee damage is weakened. Lasts like 10 seconds or so. Could use a disguise plugin to make them tun into a wither or something like that for the time that they're in this form.

Muddle:
For 7 seconds, your physical strikes muddle your opponent, causing them bouts of severe nausea and cancelling their casting every hit.

Disarray: (this skill would be super fun)
Force everyone around you to switch places with someone else, including yourself. So if you had a 2v2 and you used this skill, every player within range would get their place switched with another player.

Call of chaos!:
The Darkmaster calls upon the forces of pure chaos magic and buffs his entire party with either increased magic damage and decreased melee damage, or increased melee dmg and decreased magic damage

Soul Absorbtion:
The Darkmaster sucks a large piece of his targets soul out of their body dealing 90ish damage and healing for 100% of the damage dealt. If the target is beguiled or slowed this will deal 120, and heal for 110%. If you are debuffed it will deal 70 and heal for 80%.

So these are just some ideas to get the idea train flowing, I know this stuff might be OP, but this is just here to give some baseline shit.

Might as well try order:
Balance:
I don't know if Kainzo intended for this to be the disciple skill, so I'll leave this one alone.

Heroic Strike!:
The grandmaster brandishes his blade of justice and heroicly strikes down his target, dealing 120 dm, slowing the target, and interupting their casting, and party members around you will feel the urge to fight harder, making them deal 20% more physical damage for 6 seconds.

Call of Order!:
The geandmaster valiantly raises his weapon into the air and calls upon the ancient magic of order, party members around the geandmaster will fight harder, and faster than before, and will gain increased mana and stamina regen.

Destine:
The grandmaster destined his target to either greatness or failure (depending on if they're on the party or not) those destined for greatness will gain new fighting capabilities, aNs some health, while those destined for failure will take 60 magical damage and will be silenced for 1.5 second(s).

Ordain:
Errr...ummmm....ah, shit, I dunno.

Word of Command: The grandmaster orders his target with a commanding voice, causing them to lay down their weapons for a few seconds. AoE old school disarm.

Divine Focus:
The grandmaster focuses on the divinity of order and removes all roofs, silences, or other debuffs on themselves, and gains speed 1 for a few seconds.

Force of will: Through sheer force of will, the grandmaster imbues his blade with the power of order, and each strike forces his will upon his targets for a few seconds, interrupting casting, slowing, and reducing heing for a few seconds after each hit. Lasts 7 seconds or so.

AbandonSuffering: The grandmaster forces either himself or a party member to abandon their suffering, healing them for 120 HP and making them invberable for 1 second, if used on them self, they will get 90% of the heal, and will not obtain invulnerability.

Once again, ideas and concepts NOT meant to be balanced, just stuff to get the ideas a' flowing. Let the posts begin!

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
i guess this should be a balance team decision, but i dont see how a class can be balanced having full diamond armor. The diference between fighting a mele (armor reduced) damage class and a caster (amor piercing) damage class its gonna be too high.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
i guess this should be a balance team decision, but i dont see how a class can be balanced having full diamond armor. The diference between fighting a mele (armor reduced) damage class and a caster (amor piercing) damage class its gonna be too high.
We're going to be reducing the amount of mitigation diamond armor (And all armor) does.
Thank you for pointing this out, it is a known.