• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug changing name suffix changes item ID's of things you create

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
- At first I did not have a prefix or suffix on my name.
- I used the "forgechain" skills to create a few pieces of each type of chain armor.
- I added a suffix to my name.
- I set up 4 chests shops using the item ID of the pieces I had created before adding the suffix to my name.
- I then created a lot more chain armor pieces to stock the shop chests with, but the item ID's were different than the pieces I had created previously due to the addition of the suffix.
- I had to break and re-create the chest shops with the new item ID, losing 100 souls in the process

I do not know if this would also apply the changing the prefix or name color, but I would assume it does since the name is displayed on the item exactly as it is displayed in the game chat (color, suffix, etc.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- I used the "forgechain" skills to create a few pieces of each type of chain armor.
- I set up 4 chests shops using the item ID of the pieces I had created before adding the suffix to my name.
- I then created a lot more chain armor pieces to stock the shop chests with, but the item ID's were different than the pieces I had created previously due to the addition of the suffix.
- I had to break and re-create the chest shops with the new item ID, losing 100 souls in the process

I do not know if this would also apply the changing the prefix or name color, but I would assume it does since the name is displayed on the item exactly as it is displayed in the game chat (color, suffix, etc.)
I'm working on fixing this, it should be pretty easy to change the DisplayName to name.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

This will be fixed in the next update.