• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Change /t to /tr

Pixxy

Legacy Supporter 2
Looking at the voting sites, Herocraft is advertised as a towny server on a few of them. The people that come are expecting towny commands, and the short commands to be /t <command>. When a player who is familiar with towny issues the command, they end up in the trade chat and just look stupid with their mistype.

I don't see any harm in changing the short command of /t to /tr, the two letters are right next to each other and it make sense as it's trade chat, it'd result in less wrong chats (although they're funny), and those familiar with towny will be able to issue commands. ;o

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Looking at the veteran players, Herocraft is known for Herochat with short, one-letter shortcuts for main channels. People who return are expecting to have those one-letter shortcuts for chats, such as /t. When a player who is familiar with Herochat issues the command, they end up in Towny and just get annoyed with their mistype.

I don't see it as a huge issue. Someone copypastas a towny command that says "/t" once, someone points out to use /town instead, said person goes on with their life. There's much more stupid/embarrassing things one could do.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I was talking to this player last night and it is my opinion that it goes both ways. Players who are veterans to towny expect /t to be all town commands.

I would expect that HeroChat takes priority over commands and I know that the townships plugin doesn't use /t as a shortcut.

I really can't think of a solution right now but I think this shouldn't devolve into a Veteran Herocrafters vs People used to towny situation.