• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Change Mark

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
not hardcore.
When it comes to raiding you and you're raiding party will each have to travel to the location of the raid (like real life). You could get attacked along the way. The place you're raiding may get word of you moving in, giving them time to prepare for your assault.
Seems more hardcore than have some wiz gtp you and your party into their town..

Also seems more hardcore in general that the only place you'll be able to mark and recall is a place you have build rights!
just sayin.

macura

Diamond
That's too easy for the raiders - work harder ;)
Without enderpearls it is almost impossible to get into other people's bases because you would need a 1x1 hole of a roof or a 2x1 hole on the side. Most towns are boxes, fancy boxes but they are boxes and it is pretty hard to miss a hole in a box. If the town is not a "box" according to most of the residents they most likely have a massive undercity that is next to impossible to get to.

Almost no one comes out to fight anymore. When i was running around with 3 people we terrorized a town that had 20+ on simply for the reason that none of their town mates felt like coming out of their undercity to help. That is literally all raiding it today, you sit outside a town and wait for people which is a bitch because it wastes time and forces you to kill the lowred level people out of sheer boredom because they are the only ones to come outside because they need to level. The only possible way to get a fight is to place yourself in someone else's base which with this change would be impossible.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it's more hardcore to have restrictions on Mark.

It's not about punishing a town's mistake for enabling you to get in, because once you have it raiding is easy-mode and stupid. Honestly, I think it would be better if Mark took you to your town's townhall and not a custom location. The skill "Recall" implies you are returning to your base of operations/home. It shouldn't be used as a raiding tool.

Some people put their marks in strange places (like Warshard) for utility purposes, and it would be more hardcore to stop them from doing that too. I say either just limit them from places they can't build like Kainzo plans to do, or fix the location for everyone. It would also improve the market for selling ports.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Why is Herocraft trying to discourage raiders? How about we just make free locked chests in towns. Cuz ya know its hardcore on the raiders.

KleenX

Iron
This was created because bulls and I were mistakenly let into Skyforge by one of their noobs. We waited there for like half an hour before that happened. As you can see the 3 people who are agreeing with the OP are SF members.
Also will you not be able to recall into spawn?

KleenX

Iron
I think it's more hardcore to have restrictions on Mark.

It's not about punishing a town's mistake for enabling you to get in, because once you have it raiding is easy-mode and stupid. Honestly, I think it would be better if Mark took you to your town's townhall and not a custom location. The skill "Recall" implies you are returning to your base of operations/home. It shouldn't be used as a raiding tool.

Some people put their marks in strange places (like Warshard) for utility purposes, and it would be more hardcore to stop them from doing that too. I say either just limit them from places they can't build like Kainzo plans to do, or fix the location for everyone. It would also improve the market for selling ports.

It works both ways. Its easy mode for the towns to be impenetrable. Its easy mode for the raiders to have mark. The real question is who its not hardcore enough for.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
With the changing of Mark / Recall we're going to focus on getting in TNT regen so a certain profession can use it to get into areas and the blocks will slowly regen.

It's not for debate that mark / recall is being changed - they will be changed when time allows.

This was created because bulls and I were mistakenly let into Skyforge by one of their noobs. We waited there for like half an hour before that happened. As you can see the 3 people who are agreeing with the OP are SF members.
Also will you not be able to recall into spawn?

Mistakenly let in and then constantly camped by 2-3 level 65's against people who aren't even level 20 for days on end. Basically making several members have to leave a town or quit the server because there's no way of stopping it. Seems fair. And shows what kind of person/player you are that you both would continue to do this even though your abusive playing is causing players to quit a server.

Mark was never intended to be a skill to allow raiders to live inside of someone else's town to continually camp them for weeks straight.

I look forward to this changing so I can finally play again. Or at least have a chance at playing since.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
With the changing of Mark / Recall we're going to focus on getting in TNT regen so a certain profession can use it to get into areas and the blocks will slowly regen.

It's not for debate that mark / recall is being changed - they will be changed when time allows.

Will TNT be placable by that class in regions they can't build in? or will it only work on towns who build their walls to close to the edge of their region/where the TNT cannons can hit?

I'm all for TNT cannons.

KleenX

Iron
Will TNT be placable by that class in regions they can't build in? or will it only work on towns who build their walls to close to the edge of their region/where the TNT cannons can hit?

I'm all for TNT cannons.

Cannons.
Sorry for double post

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Can't edit my posts :confused:

Meant to add:

It works both ways. Its easy mode for the towns to be impenetrable. Its easy mode for the raiders to have mark. The real question is who its not hardcore enough for.

Well if it's going to be applied to one way or another, I think it should favor the towns. Since they paid good coin and hard work to get their town regions up to protect them.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I apologize your town cannot properly defend you and cannot find the location of our recalls. There are clever ways to stop us. Get the 30 people in NW chat to come stop us :)
About half of the people on NW chat are from other towns, and usually only 5 people talk there and a maximum of 1 of them is usually a mastered class :S

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
This is really just Newerth complaining based off of who disagreed to certain posts. Their citizens keep dying to raiders and they can't defend their townies. Regardless, I'm now fine with the change knowing that TNT cannons will be implemented around the same time, meaning we will be able to still get in.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This is really just Newerth complaining based off of who disagreed to certain posts. Their citizens keep dying to raiders and they can't defend their townies. Regardless, I'm now fine with the change knowing that TNT cannons will be implemented around the same time, meaning we will be able to still get in.

Don't discriminate based on what town the people who disagree with you live in. This is a totally valid suggestion, and it deserves a totally valid argument against it if you can come up with one.