• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Change Heal Skill Targeting

Should Heal Targeting change?

• Total voters

Ultanian

Portal
As a Cleric, I've noticed that several healing skills are almost unusable during teamfights due to how it's targeting works, such as SacredWord and SacredTouch. The current method is that the skill targets an allied player that your crosshair is on.... however due to constant lag and most of the time players don't stand still for heals, you end up trying to heal yourself. This leaves Clerics to only use AoE heal skills, such as DivineBlessing, HolyWater, and HolyAura.

I suggest changing the way targeting works for ALL single-instance heals from whoever is in your crosshair to prioritizing most damaged hero within range. This way a healer can focus on more of the battle rather than chase down an ally to heal them. If no players are around, or all of them have higher health than you, than you target yourself. I really hope these changes are implemented as they will increase the amount of support classes within HeroCraft. Please keep comments positive and on-topic, thanks!​

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
As a Cleric, I've noticed that several healing skills are almost unusable during teamfights due to how it's targeting works, such as SacredWord and SacredTouch. The current method is that the skill targets an allied player that your crosshair is on.... however due to constant lag and most of the time players don't stand still for heals, you end up trying to heal yourself. This leaves Clerics to only use AoE heal skills, such as DivineBlessing, HolyWater, and HolyAura.

I suggest changing the way targeting works for ALL single-instance heals from whoever is in your crosshair to prioritizing most damaged hero within range. This way a healer can focus on more of the battle rather than chase down an ally to heal them. If no players are around, or all of them have higher health than you, than you target yourself. I really hope these changes are implemented as they will increase the amount of support classes within HeroCraft. Please keep comments positive and on-topic, thanks!​
This, is a terrible idea.
Healing skills are good as is, it's just practice that's required to make use if the skills.

This wouldn't do much good if for say, someone was getting focused and you couldn't heal them because a tankier ally has lower health.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
./bind sacredword kainzo

you can bind heals to names

Ultanian

Portal
./bind sacredword kainzo

you can bind heals to names
But then you have to make a ton of binds for just one skill for the people in your group. I shouldn't have 5 different keys be one skill, bound to 5 different people.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
But then you have to make a ton of binds for just one skill for the people in your group. I shouldn't have 5 different keys be one skill, bound to 5 different people.
Try binding them to your squishy classes, buttons can be an issue, make another macro page for group pvp and get rid of skills you will not use.
You could bind smite and wrath to the same key, /skill smite| /skill wrath
When smite is on cooldown this will allow you to use wrath.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Even with the possibility of binds and macros and crap, the OPTION to use this feature seems like a good idea. I mean its a free feature that doesn't overpower or underpower anyone... I say lets do it ^_^

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly, I'd much rather heals be skill shots. Where you shoot a heal-beam for 2-3 secs and those in it get the heals. This type of gameplay would be far more intuitive but would require a re-design. The holy water is a good start for how heals should be vs how only a handful really gains benefit from the current setup.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Honestly, I'd much rather heals be skill shots. Where you shoot a heal-beam for 2-3 secs and those in it get the heals. This type of gameplay would be far more intuitive but would require a re-design. The holy water is a good start for how heals should be vs how only a handful really gains benefit from the current setup.
That would be quite fun! That would also introduce counter play by people trying to body block your heals. If that is the case such a skill should get a slight buff to healing if it is easier to disrupt. Unless it's simply an aoe and it won't be blocked by someone getting in the way, then never mind~

spiralz

Obsidian

Yeah, and if Minecraft allows, the Heal-beam could be a Guardian gaze or whatever beam for skill effect. Sounds cool.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I never knew I could bind heals to a person, and it sounds like a nifty tool, but I also think that's a little bit much to expect people to do any time they want to heal.

I stopped being a healer because it was too hard to target. Even when it was just one person, I constantly missed them even when I was so totally actually for real targeting them. Actually bothered me a bit. On one hand, the binding of names would have fixed that, but on the other hand, if you can't even spot heal one person without needing to bind, there's obviously room for improvement.

I would use my healer if I had green (I was a Druid) laser beams of sparkly nature health. It sounds like a really fun system, too.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I've tried that with Macros, it actually stops you from moving and opens a chat menu, which isn't the best idea in combat >.< But for non-combat related things like ports, thats a good idea
i actually really like that chat menu :( it allows you to use 1 bind on that skill to target anyone rather than X binds to target X different people. Just gotta be able to type a little bit then tab fast :p

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
i actually really like that chat menu :( it allows you to use 1 bind on that skill to target anyone rather than X binds to target X different people. Just gotta be able to type a little bit then tab fast :p
The chat menu is only really good with people with lightning fast reflexes where the sudden input if the chat menu doesn't affect them ( Like you my good sir ) but not everyone can do that >.<

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The chat menu is only really good with people with lightning fast reflexes where the sudden input if the chat menu doesn't affect them ( Like you my good sir ) but not everyone can do that >.<
:p lol, if your fingers slide and hit it, i guess it could really screw you up too