• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Castle Conquest - Township PvP Objectives

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think to be fairest to all players time schedules each castle should be capturable at least once a day, but at different times of day for sure.
So are we talking about having 4 castles but only two go "open" for capture each day?

I think every 6 hours a single castle would open to be capturable.
Desert Castle > 10AM
Frost Castle > 4PM
Lava Castle > 10PM
Wood Castle > 4AM

I like the 6 hour rotation, but as an old person that works in EST time zone i of course am biased and would prefer to see one go up around 8/9 PM EST (7/8PM CST). But could put up to community on vote, seems the server is most populated between 8-11 PM EST from what ive seen. 9PM EST would be 6PM PST for west coasters, dunno if thats too early or not.

This is one reason i liked idea of four hour rotation, just easier to give times that work for basically everyone.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think to be fairest to all players time schedules each castle should be capturable at least once a day, but at different times of day for sure.

I like the 6 hour rotation, but as an old person that works in EST time zone i of course am biased and would prefer to see one go up around 8/9 PM EST (7/8PM CST). But could put up to community on vote, seems the server is most populated between 8-11 PM EST from what ive seen. 9PM EST would be 6PM PST for west coasters, dunno if thats too early or not.

This is one reason i liked idea of four hour rotation, just easier to give times that work for basically everyone.
These were just examples, I don't really care the time rotation, having one in prime time would be good.

Avoir

Obsidian
In my opinion two peer day just isn't enough to keep players interested, I'd say more like one opens every 2-3 hours.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
In my opinion two peer day just isn't enough to keep players interested, I'd say more like one opens every 2-3 hours.

Im in agreement with this personally. There is really no other pvp objective atm, maybe when war is in it could be adjusted but for now i think more frequently available is better.

So are we talking about having 4 castles but only two go "open" for capture each day?

Desert Castle > 10AM
Frost Castle > 4PM
Lava Castle > 10PM
Wood Castle > 4AM
I think a 3 per day rotation would be good. So like:

Castle 1: 8:00 pm
Castle 2: 4:00 am
Castle 3: 12:00 pm
Castle 4: 8:00 pm
Etc.

This way it would occur often enough that each time zone has an opportunity to have a siege, but the town can benefit from securing a castle for a little over a day.

The largest benefits for this system though would be that everyone would have access to each castle in each timezone every few days. Plus, it doesn't happen so often that the gameplay gets stale. If you have it occur too often, it'll be a blast at first, but it will no longer be anything special after a few weeks. If you're aiming for sustainability you need to limit it to a certain degree, but give everyone an opportunity.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

Desert Castle > 10AM
Frost Castle > 4PM
Lava Castle > 10PM
Wood Castle > 4AM
The wood castle is not going to see nearly as much action as the other castles, due to the time it is currently at. I don't see anyway to fix that, though.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
The wood castle is not going to see nearly as much action as the other castles, due to the time it is currently at. I don't see anyway to fix that, though.
Eu and Aus players